Inactive [MECH/FUN] SpawnerAdjuster v1.8.1 - Monster Spawners enhanced! - [1.3.2-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Choelian, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Choelian

THIS MOD IS NOT INACTIVE. HOWEVER, THIS THREAD IS.
    Please visit our dev.bukkit.org page for up-to-date information.​
    [​IMG]
    SpawnerAdjuster v1.8.1 for Craftbukkit #ihavenoidea (1.3.2-R2.0)​
    What is SpawnerAdjuster? It allows Monster Spawners to be utilized in various fashions, but it has 3 primary functions.​
    1. Allow what is spawned by the spawner to be changed by simply clicking on it.
    2. Force the spawner to do its thing by feeding it a redstone signal
    3. Allow a spawner to be moved by simply breaking it.
    Why create a this mod? Surly one exists already!

• Yes, indeed. I saw 2 actually. However they both lacked a chunk of things I wanted. 1 had permissions support but requires /commands to work with a spawner, and I believe a player should never have to resort to the / key. The other one, while allowing interaction with just clicking was not up to date with 1.8 and the author said "6 weeks" before he update it. No, no I'll write my own, thank you.
    -----Enough about why, lets talk about how-----​
    Most information can now be found on our bukkitDev page, here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/spawneradjuster/
    However, I do still check this thread daily monthly (usually on accident), feel free to post here if you don't like curse or something.​
    The Config File explanation page has been moved to http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/spawneradjuster/pages/config/

The list of Permission nodes has been moved to: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/spawneradjuster/pages/permission-nodes/

The Changelog has been moved to http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/spawneradjuster/pages/changelog/

*The full zip isn't really necessary. The jar will create the config files that are missing.

TheHackerPlayer, kawa1107 and DaEgo like this.
  2. Offline

Choelian

Make sure that " allowDroppedSpawners" is set to true in the config. Also if ignorePermissions is false, then make sure you have the permission node "SpawnerAdjuster.BreakSpawners".

if all that is correct, then it could just be a 1.0.0 issue.

3. Offline

DaEgo

hey
    i try ur plugin with CB #1493 and the spawner are destroyed after breaking it
    i update 5 min ago to CB #1502 and the spawner drops correcly now
    maybe u wont to test it

but

player still cant change the spawner by right klick on it
    mod and admin can do that
    whats wrong ?

config
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    system:
      opsChangeSpawnTypeOnly: false
      SpawnersRespondToRedstone: true
      allowDroppedSpawners: true
      debugLogs: false
      SuperPerms: false
      ignorePermissions: false
      maxNumberOfEntsNearSpawner: 6
      spawnerEntCheckRadius: 6
      redstoneForcesSpawn: true
    spawner:
      allowChicken: true
      allowWolf: true
      allowSheep: true
      allowCow: true
      allowSquid: true
      allowPig: true
      allowEnderman: true
      allowCaveSpider: true
      allowSpider: true
      allowCreeper: true
      allowSkeleton: true
      allowZombie: true
      allowSilverfish: true
      allowSlime: true
      allowGhast: true
      allowPigZombie: true
      allowGiant: true

my GroupManager permissions
    Show Spoiler

Code:
        - SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.Neutral.*
        - SpawnerAdjuster.BreakSpawners
        - SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.Neutral.Pig
        - SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.Neutral.Wolf
        - SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.Neutral.Enderman
        - SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.Neutral.Sheep
        - SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.Neutral.Cow
        - SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.Neutral.Squid

/edit
    change : permissions deleted
    and ignore permissions : true
    and spawner disapper again

mayber there is a loading error somewhere with the permission or config "sometimes" ?
    i dont understand that

4. Offline

DaEgo

somebody else who can fix that ?
    just waiting for that to use this addon :(

5. Offline

Tux2

CraftBukkit still doesn't have a recommended release out yet for MC 1.0.1 so things being broken is not a surprise. My advice to you is to wait until a recommended build of Craftbukkit is out and these problems should resolve themselves.

6. Offline

DaEgo

sry but my server runs on #1510 with all plugins very fine
    only the spawner disappear....

7. Offline

Choelian

Your settings look fine.
    What Permissions Plugin do you use?
    I need both the name and version of it.

Edit: And Tux2 is right, I wont release a new version for bukkit 1337 as my source has already been updated for 1.0.1, but until there is a new Recommended Build of bukkit, I can't really release a 1.0.1 version either. That said, I have a theory on what your problem is.

8. Offline

DaEgo

Essentials GroupManager actualy 2.6.5
    CB #1523 now

if u wont, (if u trust me) u can send me a test version and i tell u what happen
    i did not give it away of course

9. Offline

Choelian

I've never tested with Essentials GroupManager, but assuming it works the way I think it does, set SuperPerms to true in your SpawnerAdjuster config file. The rest of your settings should be the way they are in your first post. That might just do the trick.

DaEgo likes this.
  10. Offline

DaEgo

sry

with ur info :
    spawner is not adjustable but it drops when breaking it
    SuperPerms: true
    groupmanager :
    - SpawnerAdjuster.*

i use now
    SuperPerms: false
    user can change spawn but it dissaper when break it

[CB] #1529
    so there is maybe a missing part in ur code to support different permissions handler ?

11. Offline

Choelian

Oh hell, there is a permission node that I totally left out of all my documentation (and its missing from plugin.yml, so superperms are fucked until the next version)

@DaEgo add the permission node "SpawnerAdjuster.DropSpawners" . That may not fix it, because I think I see a mistake in my code right there, but I want you to test it (and make sure that node is doing things wrong) before I upload a fixed version.

12. Offline

DaEgo

i tested it but did not work
    its always the same, drop YES adjust NO "or" drop NO adjust YES

and this is confusing, user cant adjust spawner but i give permission
    - SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.Neutral.* # no adjust for user
    - SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.* # work and grab the config setting wich mob is set to "true"

and i test this, i give user
    - SpawnerAdjuster.*
    which include ur
    - SpawnerAdjuster.DropSpawners
    - SpawnerAdjuster.BreakSpawners
    - SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.*
    that makes again : drop NO adjust YES

i hope u understand my englisch :rolleyes:

13. Offline

Choelian

I believe there is a bug in my code. I will upload a test build for you shortly.

Try these settings with this build: http://mc.sadmean.com/bukkitMods/SpawnerAdjuster/SpawnerAdjuster-1.2.0_RC1.zip

edit: oh, and be careful, Back up your world first. I have no idea how 1.0.0 mobs are going to react to being force-spawned. Its pretty untested. Maybe you should not give your users access to "SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.Boss.* or SpawnerAdjuster.SetMobs.Utility.*"

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  14. Offline

DaEgo

i use ur jar and config and it works [CB] #1531 , config is grabbed, spawn only mobs on true
    i give groupmanager no permissions and it works for users (they cant change it with /spawner creeper)

BUT server crash
    when spawner is set to Snowman the snowman didnt spawn, but if u break the spawner it crash the server
    maybe u use a wrong name for him caus they change many things about NPC names ?
    and check the rest of mob names also

and plz sort the mobs like this (friendly-neutral-enemy-boss)
    (enderman is double)

/edit
    - villager is not in rotation list by right cklick it
    - about snowman didnt spawn, maybe im just in wrong biome ? idk

15. Offline

Choelian

Thanks for the help, I'm glad to see the permissions worked better this time. I don't use /commands (yet, maybe someday soon, but I want to improve redstone response first)
    The snowman bug may be bukkit related, but villager not being in the rotation list is a bug on my end. I'll work on those. For now, I would set allowSnowGolem to false in the config to prevent server crashes.

16. Offline

DaEgo

fix:
    allowSnowGolem: false
    allowSnowman: true
    and :
    allowSnowMan: true
    adjuster did not find SnowMan with "M"

jar rewrite SnowGolem so i let it with false in config now
    tested and no server crash but Client got error and kicked from server

/edit
    after restart , spawner did not find snowman in rotation
    maybe cause there ae 2 snow*
    allowSnowGolem: false
    allowSnowman: true

17. Offline

Choelian

These kinds of bugs are expected, and should go away with future bukkit updates/spawneradjuster updates. I'll post updated builds here for you to try out, but that's probably the last build for today. I'm REALLY hungry, and I want a sandwich.

18. Offline

DaEgo

SpawnerAdjuster-1.2.0_RC1

/update
    looks like the only one who makes a crash is snowgolem

plugin is online and works fine on #1531

THX !

[diamond][diamond][diamond]

19. Offline

DaEgo

*push*
    come on, fix the snowman plz
    *throwingasandwichovertheocean*

20. Offline

Choelian

Fine fine. This doesn't have much in as far as fixes for snowman, but I did reorder the mobs. Make sure they are all there.

Also, if/when your server crashes, if you could post the log (if anything actually gets printed out about the crash) here, that would be awesome.

http://mc.sadmean.com/bukkitMods/SpawnerAdjuster/SpawnerAdjuster-1.2.0_RC2.zip
    be aware that this was built for CraftBukkit 1561

21. Im sorry im such a noob but i cant get it to work. I downloaded it and put it in the plugins folder but it doesnt work. :p help please?

22. Offline

Choelian

We need to figure out what specifically is wrong. What is it that is happening (or not happening) and what do you think should be happening.
    Also:
    1. Post your config (Plugins/SpawnerAdjuseter/config.yml)
    2. Post your server's startup log (server.log in the same folder as craftbukkit.jar)

23. sorry to bother you... i got my friend to help me out :D great plugin tho :D

24. Offline

erdrickk

Anyway to use the force spawn option just to delete naturally spawning entities? I installed MonsterBox and now people have built these huge mob grinders with 1000000000 spawners in one small area. It would be nice to control the spawning rates

25. Offline

DaEgo

spawner did not spawn "snowgolem"
    if its set to snowgolem he spawn "pig`s"

26. Offline

Choelian

Dammit really? Aight, I'll fix it.

DaEgo likes this.
  27. Offline

hanneswartel

You sir are awesome. thsi is the best spawner plugin so far, finaly i can get my beloved redcows!!

28. Offline

jinS

wow.. redstone...spawnmob..

29. Offline

Bakuhatsu

I am not sure it works properly... I have got a config setup so XP farms and such shall not be doable in the same way as atm but my limit somehow doesn't work.

maxNumberOfEntsNearSpawner: 10
    spawnerEntCheckRadius: 40

Even though with a 40 large radius it still keeps pumping out more and more mobs, and yet the mobs is within that radius. In this case being a skeletonspawner.

30. Offline

DaEgo

ähm,
    i placed a spawner in higher level ( ~5 bevore sky ) and he spawns snowgolems
    but around ~10 the last was, there came pigs out
    im confused

31. Offline

Choelian

Oh, that explains a lot. Spawners still have to follow the rules of vanilla minecraft's mob spawning (unless force-spawning with redstone is active). There must be some rule about how snowgolems can spawn.

if there are more then 10 entities within 40 blocks with these settings, it should stop spawning. If its not, that's a bug and I'll look into it.

Man, why is it that so many bugs pop up at Christmas time?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016