Inactive [MECH/FUN/RPG] EffectiveArrows v2.5.3 - Arrows are now Effective![SPOUT] [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by skeletonofchaos, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Offline

skeletonofchaos

EffectiveArrows -the bow is now an effective weapon!
    PluginVersion 2.5.3
    ServerVersion /version: git-Bukkit-0.0.0-905-g9277096-b1000jnks (MC: 1.7.2)
    Download EffectiveArrowsv2.5.3

Requirements:
    • Spout

Features:
    • Toggle between arrow types by left clicking or if you are using the SpoutCraft launcher you can use the , and . keys to cycle forward and backwards through arrow types.
    • GUI for users using the SpoutCraft launcher.
    • Seven unique arrow types:
    1. Normal: Just the standard arrow, uses one arrow per shot.​
    2. TNT: Explodes on contact, by default uses one arrow and one tnt per shot.​
    3. Lightning: Strikes area with lightning on contact, by default uses one arrow and one diamond per shot.​
    4. Fire: Lights hit area on fire, by default uses one arrow and one wool per shot. Now emits smoke when flying!
    5. Iron: does four damage instead of two, by default uses one iron ingot and one arrow per shot.​
    6. Diamond A.K.A Razor: does six damage, by default uses one diamond and one arrow per shot. They are razor sharp!​
    7. Smoke: Releases a cloud of smoke upon hitting something, by default uses one gunpowder.​

Permissions (These are super perms):
    The use of permissions can be toggled on/off in the config file if off it will allow players to use allowed arrow types (specified in config) while ops can use all. If permissions are enabled the use of arrows is based on the following nodes, note these are the Bukkit-integrated super perms so you cannot use third party permission plugins like permissions:​
    EffectiveArrow.use.explosive
    EffectiveArrow.use.lightning
    EffectiveArrow.use.flaming
    EffectiveArrow.use.iron
    EffectiveArrow.use.razor
    EffectiveArrow.use.smoke
    Or use EffectiveArrow.use.* to use all arrows!
    I highly recommend using bpermissions for managing super perms.​

Notes:
    1. The arrow effect works both on contact with entity and blocks; however with blocks there is a small delay.
    2. I would be more than happy to implement new features/arrow types if they are well balanced and the requests are well thought out and politely phrased.
    Upcoming features! (open)
    Eventually custom arrow looks for each arrow type A.K.A. You will be able to see the wool on the fire arrow, the tnt on the explosive arrow and so on. Exciting stuff!

Features/Tutorial (open)

Before reporting that you can't switch arrows while using permissions look here:
    Installation (open)

Remember this plugin uses super-perms which are built into Bukkit not third party applications such as Permissions. To use this you must use a permission handler that directly effects Bukkit permissions (I recommend bPermissions). I understand this is a little hard to grasp seeing that they both do the same thing.

Changelog:
    v2.5.3:
    Fixed for Spout update! Sorry guys.​
    v2.5.2:
    Fixed for RB 1060!​

Previous Versions (open)

v2.5.1:
    Explosive arrows can now be effected by world guard and other such plugins that effect explosions.​
    v2.5:
    Gave the ability to toggle whether or not to use the old method of banning individual arrows while ops can use all. The banned arrows and whether or not to use permissions can all be found and changed in the config file. Rewrote some sections of code. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v2.4:
    You no longer have to give permission for normal arrows. Stopped the plugin from crashing the server if setup incorrectly :). Removed old code. Improved efficiency due to removal of repeated checks of the same condition. Added hidden feature.​
    v2.3:
    Completely implemented the * node. Explosive arrows remove themselves now so no more lag in blown up areas. Fixed a bug where you could switch arrow types in chat. Fixed a bug do to two Runnables conflicting (resulting in an ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception). Improved code efficiency. Removed the timer setting in the config file due to the new changes. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v2.2:
    GUI now only shows when a player is interacting with a bow and arrow (note: this means it enables and disables on left and right clicks, the item held change event cannot handle scrolling well). Customizable GUI location! Removed redundant code.Added EffectiveArrow.use.* permission node. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v2.1:
    Added smoke arrows! PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v2.0:
    Added the ability to customize the size of the explosion for the explosive arrow. Added config file to change the item needed to shoot the arrow. Added GUI for users running the SpoutCraft launcher. Added the ability to cycle through the arrows if using the SpoutCraft launcher using the , and . keys. Fire arrows now emit smoke while flying. Made some code more efficient. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!

v1.7:
    You can now customize the blast radius of the ExplosiveArrow and we now have Bukkit integrated permission support. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v1.6:
    Emergency fix for a weird bug. You can now adjust how long it takes arrows to activate after hitting blocks. Ops can still use banned arrows so if you want this to be op only just set all arrows to banned. PLEASE DELETE CONFIG FILE UPON UPDATING!
    v1.5:
    Added config file now you can have only the arrows you want to have! Added two new​
    arrow types iron tipped and diamond tipped which do 4 and 6 damage respectively.​
    v1.4:
    Did a rewrite of code. Each arrow type is now it's own class! What does this mean for you? Config file will be coming shortly and more arrows will be added! Also players now can only switch to arrows they have materials for.​
    v1.3:
    released plugin!​

2. Offline

skeletonofchaos

No Spout does a lot of neat things but it does not effect gameplay. I recommend you put it on for you would notice no difference besides the fact that you could use more plugins.

3. Offline

Slyvr

The couple times that I've tried to use it on my server, it was throwing errors and lagging badly. Also many plugins require SpoutCraft for clients and I don't want my users to have that requirement. However, I shall try it a third time later with your mod. If it causes issues, I'll let you know

4. Offline

skeletonofchaos

K I'm more than willing to help with whatever errors spout gives you.

5. Offline

Slyvr

It was conflicting with my infiniarrows mod and doesn't seem to work with usePermissions: true while I have Pex

And it doesn't require spoutcraft, right?

6. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Does not require spoutcraft and you must be using a super permission handler. not Permissions or groupManager or something of the like.

7. Offline

Slyvr

I thought PermissionsEx was a super perms plugin?

8. Offline

Tanite

Yes PEX does superperms. I couldn't get this to work with it either and I'm more technical than the average user probably. I didn't get any response whatsoever when I posted the problem so I uninstalled it.

9. Offline

Allen Buckman

how long before its compatible with the latest version of spout?

10. Offline

skeletonofchaos

It's compatible with the latest version right now. Look at the changelog.

Allen Buckman likes this.
  11. Offline

Allen Buckman

oh, i didn't notice, thanks

12. Offline

MuttsNuts

Nice looking plugin but I sadly wont be using this as it doesn't support Phoenix Permissions 2.7.3. Yes I am still using Phoenix permissions as it still works fine. Does all I need it to do (control permissions) with ease and simplicity and is still really compatible with tons of other plugins.
    The plugin works 100% fine though, just without any permission protection for non SuperPerm users.

13. Offline

PsychicDragonST

The link to the download still points to version 2.5.2.

14. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Forgot to update the plugin.yml it's the right one.

15. Offline

PsychicDragonST

Oh, sorry about that then.

16. Offline

Asterdom

the GUI-X and GUI-Y dont seem to be functioning, and changing the values dont seem to make any difference but everything else works great!

Thank you for making such a bamf plugin!

17. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Hmm did not test those with the new Spout build... I will look into this. Does it give you any errors?

18. Offline

gameswereus

I totally missed this, sounds really cool. Do you know when Spout will support custom items?

19. Offline

xsolar66

I run PEX and this plugin works fine, you just can't use the * node.

20. Offline

Huene

could I request a Torch arrow? there are other plugins available for torch arrows, however I prefer the method you chose for toggling the arrows, Ideal function would be shooting a torch arrow to place a torch at a distance, bonus points for light that paths with the arrow.

21. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Could you read my previous reactions to torch arrows?

Also never ever set explosive arrow size to 320... Kinda destroys blocks in a 100 some chunk radius...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  22. Offline

Huene

Absolutely could you give me a general starting point in the thread?

23. Offline

gameswereus

I guess you can't update this until Spout updates there own launcher and plugin?

24. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Correct and until there is a new RB. If I start supporting half-builds I end up doing a lot more work than I should. As soon as Bukkit has a rb for 1.8 there will be a new version of this.

25. Offline

gameswereus

Ok cool :p

26. Offline

xsolar66

27. Offline

skeletonofchaos

I know working on it.

28. Offline

xsolar66

the day 1.8 bukkit RB gets release, the 1.9 pre-release hits.

that's just... lol.. anyway.. =)

29. Offline

Kalvirox

Do you think you could do this for bukkit 1185?

30. Offline

skeletonofchaos

It should work with the current one but im working on updating it.

gameswereus likes this.
  31. Offline

xsolar66

Hi skeleton =) It works, although the arrow fires long before the charge. I assume there is / will be some sort of event for the charged shot - as a suggestion, when/if this event exists, to allow effective arrows only to work when the bow is fully charged.

Also, as i think you'd probably already know, the materials to use effective arrows (diamond for lightning or whatever) work properly now, without glitching, and properly remove themselves from your inventory after each arrow!