Inactive [MECH/FUN/RPG] DarkBrotherhood v1.5.1 - climb walls, assassinate players, and more![1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by skeletonofchaos, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Offline

skeletonofchaos

I would like to point out I am no longer supporting this plugin. If a reputable developer would like to take this over I will gladly let them assuming they contact me first.

DarkBrotherhood: climb walls, throw shuriken, assassinate players, and more!
    Plugin Version: 1.5.1
    Server Version: /version: git-Bukkit-0.0.0-905-g9277096-b1000jnks (MC: 1.7.2)
    Download: DarkBrotherhood

Thanks to Lyiin for the idea of climbing walls!

Features:
    • Climb up walls!
    • Assassinate other players/mobs!
    • Throw shuriken!
    • Perform leaps of faith!
    • Poison weapons!
    • Pick locks!
    climbing (open)
    To climb right-click any block that is considered climbable(you can change this list in the config) while not holding anything. You must be holding shift to stay on the wall, upon releasing shift you fall to the ground.

assassinating (open)
    To assassinate any mob simply attack them while you sneaking and you are behind them.

shuriken (open)
    To throw a shuriken left click with a piece of flint in hand. Each shuriken does 1 heart of damage; however on a successful assassination it will do up to 4.5 hearts of damage.

Leaps of Faith (open)
    Hold shift upon landing and it will negate fall damage, assuming you have the proper permission nodes

Lock-picking (open)
    Right click any chest with the lock-pick tool (configurable, by default string) if the chest is locked you have a configurable chance of opening it if you fail you take a configurable amount of damage.

Poison (open)
    To poison your weapon simply right click with the poison item in hand (configurable, by default red mushroom) The next entity you hit will be poisoned. The poison then lasts for a configurable amount of seconds each second doing a configurable amount of damage.

Video Tutorial (open)
    A little outdated not much though:

A neat combination (open)
    Combine this plugin with EffectiveArrows! this will yield the ability for varying arrow types allowing your players to perform neat combinations. Such as using smoke arrows to cover their escape! Or maybe do a little flaming arrow ambush.

Permissions (these are Super Perms!):
    These permissions are only used if the usePermissions value in the config is set to true otherwise it is op only.
    • DarkBrotherhood.climb-allows the player to climb.
    • DarkBrotherhood.assassinate-allows the layer to perform assassinations.
    • DarkBrotherhood.use.shuriken-allows players to throw shuriken.
    • DarkBrotherhood.roll-allows players to perform leaps of faith.
    • DarkBrotherhood.use.poison-allows players to use poison.
    • DarkBrotherhood.use.lockpick-allows players to use lock-picks.
    Todo;
    • Add an assassin guild style thing. With rewards for murdering players.
    • Add Spout support and corresponding dash ability (thinking it will activate when some button is pressed). (done not sure if I want to implement it though)
    Changelog:
    v1.5.1:
    Fixed for RB 1060.​
    v1.5:
    Added poison and lock-picking.​

Previous changes (open)

v1.4:
    Added shuriken, and leaps of faith!​
    v1.3:
    Released plugin!​

2. Offline

FuturaEX

ChunkyM0nk3y likes this.
  3. Offline

skeletonofchaos

The same thing still applies we are trying to convert to the Bukkit-integrated permissions and not use third-party solutions such as Permissions 3.x. I already have support for Bukkit-integrated permissions though.

4. Offline

Augutus_Longeye

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but your plugin isn't initiating for some reason. It's in the right place and I restart the server and reload plugins but I get the following error:
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    2011-08-14 09:46:21 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/Darkbrotherhood.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:99)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:60)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:207)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:130)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:97)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Is this something I havent' done right? Thanks for your help,
    ~Longeye~

5. Offline

skeletonofchaos

According to the error log it is zipped... Seeing that I nor anyone but you has reported this problem I'm assuming you did something wrong. No clue what though. Download latest version and move it to the plugin directory replacing whatever you have there. Hopefully that will fix it.

6. Offline

Augutus_Longeye

That's exactly what I thought; it can't be zipped because it's just a jar file :confused:
    But it's doing it on a redownload as well... Well this is obviously something wrong at my end (something really strange), so I'll see what I can do. Thanks anyway, I didn't think you would know what was wrong (the whole zip thing) but I thought it worth a shot ;)
    Regardless it looks like a great plugin so if I can get it up I'll let you know how it plays!
    Thanks,
    ~Longeye~

7. Offline

skeletonofchaos

I know that zip and jar archives are remarkably similar in structure did you try unarchiving it using say winrar and then re-compressing it to a jar?

8. Offline

harrisonduell

Emm download link does not seem to work...

9. Offline

FuturaEX

i tried it just as i read you're commment, works fine for me...

10. Offline

harrisonduell

Lol sorry, just realized its called 'darkbrotherhood' not brotherhood... Looking in wrong section :(

11. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Lol np. I mess that up all the time too.

12. Offline

Boltblaster

Integrating this on my server :) Thanks! I also have a question for you. I'm going to start developing sometime soon (I hope!) and would like to know how your plugin knows when it's a hit from behind. Does it have to do with the camera or hitboxes? Thanks :)

13. Offline

skeletonofchaos

No problem! Nice feel free to ask me any questions for the plugin your developing and for this plugin I use the vectors that the players are facing.

14. Offline

Boltblaster

Hmm. Never thought of that, thought it was much harder xD How do you get the vectors btw? Something to do with the camera?
    Thanks again :)

15. Offline

skeletonofchaos

It would be entity.getLocation().getDirection();
    What are you making? P.S. If you use any code or anything I give you (assuming it's more than a few trivial snippets) please add a shout-out to me on the plugin thread :)

16. Offline

Boltblaster

Not making anything right now, as I have to get a 64 bit PC or better :(. Java SDK is no longer supported (or available, far as I can see) for 32 bit systems. I plan on starting off with a simple MC plugin to grab a feel for Java. Then, I'll scan the forums for requests and see what I can do :). Thanks for the help thus far, I'll ask if I bump into something ;)

17. Offline

skeletonofchaos

Hmm really I swear there is a 32 bit version out there.... P.S. if you ever write Java code I recommend doing it in NetBeans (google it).

18. Offline

Boltblaster

There was... they took it down :( Googling NetBeans now.

EDIT:
    Mhm... Java programming, with a twist :) Seems really nice, gonna give it a shot when I start programming. Thanks :)

19. Offline

Shivanous

Thinking I might have a look at this Netbeans myself, been a while since I've done any JAVA, actually miss it...

20. Offline

excalibr23

Most my server plugs depend on Permissions 3.x. I'd really like to use this plugin, but I can't unless it's for that permissions system. Please support it!

I can understand wanting a lot of people to switch to Bukkit default permissions, but at this time, there are SO many other plugins that depends on Permissions 3.x. I'm sure it would help a lot of people if you supported both.

21. Offline

Shivanous

Yeah, that's why I just made it OP only on my server. When more plugins switch over to Bukkit's permission system, I'll switch over, but at least 90% of my server's plugins still run on Permissions 3.x, though I frankly wouldn't mind all...Four...people on my server being able to use it without being OPs, lol.

22. Offline

Comrade

Won't be using until it supports Permissions 3.x. Nice concept I suppose.

23. Offline

skeletonofchaos

I know personally I would love to support permissions 3.x but I feel that Bukkit as a whole needs to migrate to super perms. Permissions is the beginning but super perms seem to be the direction that Bukkit is headed in.

24. Offline

excalibr23

I completely agree, but in the interm don't you think it would benefit to have both? I run Heroes and it only supports Perm 3.x. Heroes is the backbone of my server so I have to use perm 3.x

Also, thanks for responding ;)

25. Offline

Augutus_Longeye

But if everybody supports both and some people only support perm3 then what's the point of moving to the Bukkit version?
    ~Longeye~

26. Offline

skeletonofchaos

As my sig says I'm trying to push Bukkit plugins forward with things such as innovative features and seeing that I believe Bukkit is headed toward super perms only I will continue to only support super perms. However; my solution to the problem is use both some to manage this some to manage the others seeing that super perms and permissions dont conflict it's what I do.

27. Offline

excalibr23

If everyone supported bperms it would be fine. But they don't. I'm just saying, theres no way I can use this plugin unless theres perm 3.x support. And I'd love to use it. That's all.

I had no idea this was possible. Is there a messenger you use that I can talk to you with? I'd appreciate it and promise not to be too bothersome ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  28. Offline

Comrade

Until it gets there I won't be using it, because right now I and a lot of others use Permissions 3.x. We aren't running servers in the future, we're in the present.

29. Offline

Shivanous

I had no idea they didn't conflict either...So, I could use this plugin with Bukkit perms and not mess up everything running on 3.x? Just to clarify.

30. Offline

excalibr23

Kinda agree with this. But it's your plugin, so I guess your the boss ;)

Please reconsider supporting Perm 3.x though.

31. Offline

Boltblaster

There's no reason why they would conflict. They both load at the start of the server, and if bpermissions is empty, it's ignored, however most plugins support 3.x, so they will be unaffected by bpermissions. I believe that it's possible to have both without them conflicting, as pointed out above by skeletonofchaos. I'm using the OP system because I have no other use for OPs, but if you want I can test if it works with bpermissions (when having perm 3.x)