[MECH/FUN] Guns+ v1.8 - Guns, Guns, Guns Galore![SPOUT][1.4.7-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by atlan1, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Offline

Adkos

Weird.
    I know that the site that host my files can be a bit slow. Maybe you have download the 1.5 version instead of the 1.6, due to my host.
    Try to re-download it tomorrow, it should be fix.

You can be sure of that by openning the "general.yml" file. If you have some "HUD" options, it is the 1.6
    If not, you have the 1.5

2. Offline

TheFluffey

1. I love you - as said I am away but will have some official bug reports soon.
    2. ONE MAJOR bug report that I think (Or thought, why I delayed putting this), is sound cutting out completely... Before reading, note if I restart spoutcraft sound is back - I don't need to restart the server... Not all sound cuts out, just reloading and shooting. Sounds such as walking and hitting blocks still play, although I don't no about music... Nothing about it in the command prompt.
    3. For spread factor to work decently, wouldn't you need multiple shots? PLEASE add that, so we can define the number of bullets a shotgun shoots at once. I just can see one bullet with a spread factor missing very commonly... I want inaccuracy, but only for some of the bullets.
    4. Can you convert fire rate to RPM? I know your fire rate is the fastest method currently possible, but if you enabled RPM, we could be more specific with HOW fast guns shoot... EX: instead of 1,2, and 3 for fast guns, we could have 700RPM, 650 RPM, 550 RPM. More specific, even if it is just a couple miliseconds difference.
    5. Other mods do this, but they don't do it to my liking: add C4, Motion Mines, and grenades.
    6. Critical hits - (Although I haven't even skimmed the config) looks cool, but headshots basically already do it... I will find some use though - Can you set critical hit damage?
    7. Potion particles gone - I LOVE YOU.
    8. HUD - still to see, pumped. Really nice idea. Maybe config for position? hudposition: TopLeft, TopRight, BottomLeft, BottomRight?
    9. Accuracy if zoomed out or not - I LOVE You... Still haven't seen config as I am out of town, but is lower more accurate or higher?
    10. Notifications - AWESOME! But are they using the chatbox? adding a SpoutEssentials notification type would be cool.
    11. Headshot damage - still to test, but very nice anyways.

THANK YOU!

3. Offline

Meteo

Can you send me a link? I used a dev build and it saids theres a even newer one... i dont get it.

4. Offline

atlan1

TheFluffey
    1. :)
    2. I think this is a spout bug, but anyways I will try to remove it by precaching the sound and textures aswell.
    3. The method I use right now is to calculate around the haircross of the player, in the given radius in degrees and hit every mob/player that is within the radius. I don't know really what you mean by "I want inaccuracy, but only for some of the bullets."
    4. Yes I can resize the firerate, will do for 1.7
    5. I am working on the 'GrenadesPack' which will be released hopefully within the next week.
    6. You set basicly the probability of a critical hit, which means the mob/player target will die instantly. (100 means every shoot is a critical hit)
    7. It was hard to do so, but now finally they are gone.
    8. You can already set the X/Y position of the HUD.
    9. Lower is more accurate than higher. For example: 40->0 (40 is zoomed out , 0 zoomed in)
    10. They are already in the achievment-style.

Thank you, as every time, for your report. I am looking forward to see the bugs you will find in this version :p

5. Offline

Meteo

atlan1 Yo, i wanted to ask, is there a way to fix the error for NoLagg or PTweaks? Cause i really need those plugins =/

6. I dont get how the projectile is supposed to work... I set it to fireball for the sniper, but when i shoot it flies in a random direction very slowly and explodes on contact with blocks and sometimes it disappears in midair. When i aim at a mob it damages the mob before the fireball hits anything even if the fireball is flying in a totally different direction! PLEASE HELP

7. Offline

TheFluffey

2. Thank you.
    3. That is exactly what I need, thanks for clarifying!
    4. YES! Pretty nice :D
    5. That is very exciting, hopefully you can make it as customizable as this (Early suggestions:
    C4, Motion mines, Grenades (Define explosion, grenades can role).. Semtex (Define explosion, stick to target or ground). C4 blows up all c4 at once when using a detonator, don't need to aim detonator at c4. Motion mines have configurable reach of motion, from one block (Have to hit it), to the surrounding blocks...
    6. Very cool, probably will use it.
    7. <3
    8. Really cool, once again sorry for the bother I haven't seen the new config.
    9. Thank you!
    10. Awesome.

GunPack - The most refined gun experience for bukkit,

atlan1 likes this.
  8. Offline

xavious

How does the accuracy work? Please explain

9. Offline

dta1

you must get the newest version of mobarena located on their irc channel

10. Offline

Darealasianhero

11. Offline

kahlilnc

Hey could you add a version to the title? Would help us a bit by knowing of a update.

12. Offline

atlan1

Sorry about this, it's this fucking fireball! Those fireballs don't want to do what I tell them. They go in the direction, they want and just explode if the want or not -.- | I am working on that right now, but I think the other projectiles shoult work better.
    I will look into NoLagg to find what causes this problem, for now you can bypass the error by disableing the hud.
    You have to put two values witch a pointer separator between, like that: 50->0
    The first value is if you zoomed out, in this case the gun will hit probably every second time.
    The second value is if you zoomed in, in this case the gun will hit every shot, 0 is lowest value.
    Usually you should hear them, but perhaps you also got this weird spout bug, that I am working on to fix.
    Done.

kahlilnc likes this.
  13. Offline

TheFluffey

Did you see the new post about bukkit's code rework? Please update to that at 1.2 asap, I am sure you will :D

14. Offline

zzbolt

hey sorry 4 being a noob i installed spout and spoutcraft but when i try to craft th items they show up as flint?

15. Offline

TheFluffey

atlan1 ,
    Is there anyway that you could implement this feature (Still not home yet, haven't seen new configs... Sorry if it is in place already):
    1. For spreadfactor, can you make it so that it automatically creates a circular crosshair to display the area that the bullet will hit? This will help loads for seeing where you can hit in-game with a higher spreadfactor.

16. Offline

Darealasianhero

You have to have spout installed on both the server and the client (Player)

17. Offline

atlan1

Yeah, could be possible, however I don't get the sense behind. We tried around with the new spread factor on my own server and I think the high spread is a good compensation for not to see where you can hit an entity.
    Anyway it's very easy to estimate where the bullets will hit. For example for a spread factor of 90° it would look like this:
    [​IMG]
    But the idea for custom crosshairs is good. for example you could hide the crosshair of a sniper to force to zoom...
    Btw, you can already see the config files if you go to the first post.

18. Offline

Adkos

Or simply add an URL for the crosshair for each gun. Or maybe two URLs per gun : zoom in (already done), and zoom out.
    I guess it's pretty easy to do :)

19. Offline

xavious

Thanks for the info :)

20. atlan1 - I have a huge recommendation:
    Combine Accuracy and Bullet Spread: Make it so bullet spread randomly fires the bullet within the circle of degree, instead of shooting a bullet the size of the whole circle (I think that is how it is now). This makes it so guns are more accurate the closer they are to the target! This would be perfect for machine guns and shotguns. Look at this image below:
    [​IMG]Then add a # of bullets shot with one fire option, so shotguns can shoot like 8 bullets at once. You could add an option where the bullet spread circle decreases by a certain percent when you are zoomed in. Please consider this as this would help very much with the gameplay! :)

Edit: Uploaded the picture

Attached Files:

21. Offline

TheSimogames

I create my GunPack, i try on the server, but the weapons do not shoot. help me please! D:

22. Offline

atlan1

Ok thank you for this suggestion, but I can't see the picture you refered to.
    So you mean if you are zoomed out, the bullets automatically will spread and if you zoom in the spread decreases.
    Ok it's on my to-do list.
    I can't help you if you don't give me information about your server and your config.

23. Offline

MicahCB

i did some thing wrong on those 3 guns because there are the only ones i changed can you plz help me?

Attached Files:

24. Offline

Adkos

atlan1 : another thing to add to your to do list (not so difficult, I guess), is "ranged damages".

A simple example, for a simple gun :
    - between 0 and 10 cubes, makes 8 damages
    - between 11 and 15 cubes, makes 4 damages
    - between 16 and 20 cubes, makes 2 damages
    - over 21 cubes : 0 damages

So we can have terrible shotguns at short range, that have nearly no effect at mid / long range.
    Sniper could be powerfull at mid/high range, and useless at close combat and so on...

25. Offline

TheFluffey

Now I am so confused, isn't that already in place with the accuracy if zoomed out or not? Also, if you are too combine the two, please keep spreadfactor.

26. Sorry, the picture wouldn't upload, here is the url:
    "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39270834/BulletSpread.jpg"

So yeah it would be great if you can make it so the bullets actually spread around the cross-hair, but make it configurable. Example: the sniper would hit right were you aim when bullet spread degrees is set to 0, but the shotgun would hit like in the picture when bullet spread degrees is set to a high number. This is like accuracy because the higher the spread the less chance you have of hitting them. So if you try to shoot someone with a shotgun from a far distance, most of the bullets would miss, but if you shot from a close distance, most would hit. This might be hard to program though, because the bullets would have to hit at a totally random spot within the circle. It would be great if you can make it work like that though! :D

Also, this is not that important, but you could make it so there are 2 bullet spread degree configurations:
    one for when you are zoomed in, and one when you are not zoomed in. :) Thank you for considering this!

27. Offline

xavious

I totally agree!!! That would make things a lot simpler. Can you make it like this in 1.7?

28. Offline

tsuna25

I cant see the gun picture for the sniper and i just got it which version of spout is this for can you give me a link?

29. Offline

TheFluffey

Thank you for that awesome answer :D

BUG REPORT:
    1. The Acheivement/Notification for "reloading" comes up if you press 'r' and have a full magazine... very minor.

30. Offline

fuzyfeet

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the 'fireball' projectile flies in a random direction.