Inactive [MECH/ECON] Showcase v0.8.1 - Create visual shops by spawning drops on slabs [1.1-R5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by narrowtux, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

narrowtux

[​IMG]
    Version 0.8.1​
    As supposed in this thread, I created a plugin that lets you put items into glass blocks (now steps, it's notchs fault) to showcase them. This is useable for shops, to show what's for sale there, or to make clear what type of farm you built.
    Features
    • Showcase all items in a half-step Block
    • Block protection (you can't break the step block and the block below it to prevent that the item falls down)
    • Multiworld
    • Items in a showcase can't be picked up
    • Only the player who created a showcase can remove it
    • Prevents despawning of items (Normally, drops disappear after 5 minutes)
    • You can setup finite and infinite shops
    • DropChest support (disables DropChest for absorbing the showcased items)
    • WorldGuard support (works out of the box)
    • Can show custom item names through BukkitContrib
    • Economy support:
      • iConomy 4 & 5
      • BOSEconomy
      • Essentials Economy
    Download & Source-Code
    Download Showcase.jar
    Browse Source-Code on Github
    You will need an economy system if you want shops.
    This will install NarrowtuxLib automatically!
    Please donate, if you really like this ;)
    Videos
    Show Videos (open)

When you have got issues, please read this:
    Issue Report (open)

1. Please, first check if you have got the most recent version of Showcase and the most recent recommended build of Bukkit.
    2. Then, check if the bug is already listed in the "Known Bugs" section.
    3. After doing step 1+2, report the bug with at least this information:
      • Version of Showcase
      • Version of Bukkit
      • If possible, a step-by-step explanation of the bug
      • If possible, console errors
      • When you think that this has got to do with another plugin, please list all your plugins like this:
        • PluginA, PluginB, PluginC ...
    This will be incredible helpful for me to fix it faster.

You don't actually have to retype everything I typed here, but if you'd take it as a guideline which content you should include in your issue report, it's more helpful ;)

Please, don't come here just to say "This doesn't work.". This says nothing.

Usage
    Adding a showcase
    1. Start sneaking!
    2. Right-click a half-step block with the item in your hand you want to showcase
    3. An assistant will ask you which type of Showcase you want to add. Type the text before the colon :))
    4. Depending on the type you chose, the assistant will ask some extra questions, follow the assistant to finish showcase creation.
    Removing a showcase

1. Sneak
    2. Right-click on a showcase. If this was a finite showcase or an exchange showcase, you will get your items back.
    Permissions

ActionPermission-NodeWithout Permissions
    Create a basic Showcase.showcase.basicPlayer
    Create a infinite shop Showcase.showcase.infiniteOperator
    Create a finite shop Showcase.showcase.finitePlayer
    Create an exchange Showcase.showcase.exchangePlayer
    Buy from a finite shop showcase.showcase.buy.finitePlayer
    Buy from an infinite shop showcase.showcase.buy.infinitePlayer
    Removing a showcase of other players.showcase.adminOperator

The column "Without Permissions" explains which user-type can use this permission when no Permissions system is installed.
    What are shop showcases?
    A shop showcase can be used to sell items to your players. There are 2 types of shops now:
    1. Infinite shop. This one has an infinite amount of items. The money that the players give to buy an item will go to nirvana
    2. Finite shop. This one has that number of items which the owner has set up. The owner will get the money from which the items were bought.
    How can a Player buy items from a shop showcase?

1. Click on the Showcase. The price per item and the available amount will be displayed.
    2. Type in the number of items you want and hit enter. A message will show you the success of the checkout.
      • Type 0 to abort checkout
    How can you refill a finite shop showcase?

1. Click on it
    2. Type in the amount of items to refill. Negative values will remove that amount from the showcase.
    3. Walk away or type 0.
    Commands

The showcase command handles manual saving and loading
    /showcase save
    Saves the items to showcases.csv
    /showcase load
    Loads the configuration, translation and items without saving (Use with caution)
    /showcase reload
    Saves and loads everything after that. Useful when some items aren't in place and you want to quick-fix that.

Configuration
    The configuration file is auto-generated and is called showcase.cfg
    Here are the configuration possibilities:
    • basicmode : this decides if the plugin should operate like in version 0.2 or before (Just the basics)
    • priceforbasic : this adds a price to the basic showcases
    • priceforfinite : this adds a price to the finite showcases
    • priceforexchange: this adds a price to the exchange showcases
    • removewhenempty: when set to true, a finite showcase will be removed when it's amount hits 0
    • showcaseprotection : turn this to false to be able to remove showcases from other players (griefers) (you should now use WorldGuard instead of this one ;) )
    • locale: standard is en-US. The german translation which is included in the jar-file is de-DE. If you type that in, it will copy the german file from the jar to your plugins folder
      • You can change the translation very easily by editing the existing locale.
      • Colors are supported, just add something like [GREEN] or [DARK_RED] to the text.
      • You can add newlines with \n
    • autosaveinterval: the time between two auto-saves in seconds. Standard is 60 secs. Use -1 to disable autosave.
    Translations

Currently available translations:
    Changelog

Version 0.8.1
    See the whole changelog

Todo
    • Spawn multiple items in the same glass block (up to 4, would be aligned nicely)
    • Verify that there is no free space below the glass block before adding a showcase
    • Maybe let the showcase glow when you placed torches, glowstone or lava in it
    • Custom messages (aka localisation)
    • Sell-Showcases
    • DropChest support (so the items inside the glass won't be absorbed by a Dropchest)
    • Limit the amount of Showcases per player
    • Add a price that the creator of a showcase has to pay (there would be an independent price for each basic, infinite and finite showcases)
    • Linking infinite shops to banks (money spent for items goes there)
    • Rent a showcase for money/day
    • Autosave with configureable interval
    • Commands for save, load and reload
    Crossed items are already done!

Known bugs
    • This plugin conflicts with some chat-altering plugins (i.e. bColoredChat) this is because the authors don't know how to correctly set up the priority of events.
    • Normal players (the ones that aren't operators) can't use showcases that are in the spawn-protection area. Either disable the spawn protection or place the showcases to an other location (Disable spawnprotection by setting "spawn-protection-size=0" in the server.properties file)
    • With the latest dev preview (not the recommended build), you're able to make slabs to double steps. I've got to investigate until they propose it as RB.
    • ATM, Showcases won't save enchantments. So please just don't try to sell yours because that wouldn't work either.

2. Offline

Sphax

@narrowtux : Very very nice mod !

Please, would it be possible to:
    - Add a parameter in the config file to completely disable "Infinite shop" (for players as well as operators)
    - Support some defined items as money instead of virtual dollars ? I would like the players buy items with diamonds (100$), gold ingots (as 50$), iron ingots (as 10$) and cookies (as 1$). Then, the shop owner would automatically get his money back in his inventory or - more difficult - in a specific chest with a sign to identify it... Only one defined item as 1$ to simplify would also be great. :D

The chest thing would allow other players to steal money from other players and maybe some banks could be created then. :p

Thanks a lot for your great work ! :)

(Note: There is no worldguard or money mod on my server. I want it as a real world where everything "could" be destroyed, theft or anything else. Thanks to that all the players must create some traps and/or hide there treasures to protect them. Of course, I trust my players, they are not griefers. :) )

3. Offline

narrowtux

Disabling the Infinite shop is possible via Permissions, do you have permissions? Just deny the node "showcase.infinite" and they can't use it.

4. Offline

ddubois89

@narrowtux

Thanks for the quick fix!

Hate to bring this up but a user also was complaining saying all his stuff after an update became switched to sold out for no reason. They were all finite shops. I will look into this further later today to see if that is still the case and how to help pinpoint/recreate the bug for you if needed.

also plugin breaking update comes today :(

5. Offline

narrowtux

Ooops forgot a ! :D
    Update in a few seconds.

Release v0.5.10
    • Fixed shop sold out.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  6. Offline

ddubois89

@narrowtux

thanks again. your definitely one of the on the ball plugin devs

7. Offline

diadem

How often is the save file written? I had shops that were up for about 12 hours that were lost after a reboot. Do I have to do something special to force the file to save to disk?

8. Offline

narrowtux

It's written when the server shuts down. You have to correctly shut the server down with the "stop" command.

9. Offline

diadem

Is there any other way to force a save or do I have to modify the source code to do that?

(thanks for the fast reply and great mod!)

10. Offline

narrowtux

Currently there is no other way to do it. When you want to modify the source, the method which saves is ShowcaseMain.save()

11. Offline

Sphax

No, I don't have permissions and I don't want it (because to much configurations with other mods :( )
    Do you think that would be possible ?

And/or maybe add a configuration file to automatically set a default price per item (via ID in a conf file) ?

12. Offline

Jan Tojnar

@narrowtux You probably forgot to change topic title.
    This is job for permissions not plugin config. If you are too lazy to use permissions you will have to leave it as it is.

13. Offline

narrowtux

How do you restart the server?

Are you having some other plugins like Stackable installed?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  14. Offline

Sphax

Could you add an autosave when a player who is an owner of a shop disconnects ?

Also, what do you think of my ideas:
    - Support one or more items as money instead of virtual dollars ?
    I would like the players buy items with diamonds (100$), gold ingots (as 50$), iron ingots (as 10$) and cookies (as 1$). Then, the shop owner would automatically get his money back in his inventory or - more difficult but better - in a specific chest with a sign to identify it... Only one defined item as 1$ to simplify would also be great.
    - Add some parameters in configuration file to automatically set a default price per item (via ID) ?

Thanks again for your patience and your work :)

15. Offline

narrowtux

The first thing will come, though in another way, like every 2 minutes a backup is being saved.
    For the second idea:
    It easier to implement a whole new economy plugin which does exactly this because then other plugins could also use it and maybe nijikokun adds it to his Register API I'm using.

Sphax likes this.
  16. Offline

Sphax

OK, I'll ask him then. :)

And the third one ? :p

EDIT: Ho no... iConomy needs MySQL... I wanted to keep my server as simple as possible without any MySQL DB :'(

17. Offline

d00ba

Nope, current plugins: BigBrother, Citizens, DailyBonus, HeroicDeath, iChat, iConomy, LoginMessage, LWC, MyHome, Permissions, RegexFilter, Showcase, WolfPound, WorldEdit and WorldGuard

18. Offline

narrowtux

No don't ask nijikokun :D
    This plugin has first to be done and it's a huge project because you've got to handle some sort of account when the user is not online and so on.

19. Offline

ledhead900

Tbh Mysql setup is only a 4 step process that alivates uneccessry HDD usage with large databases that if in flat file would otherwise be a freaking nightmare to manage. I day Ico support all the way and for the record Iconomy also uses H2 bukkits SQL replacment and requires zero setup and no MYSQL yet yeilds better results then SQlite.

20. Offline

SilverstarX

I get the following message wenn I try to place a glass block into air while sneaking, to avoid falling down off the edge I want to place the glass block at.
    Code:
    This is not a safe place for your item. It will fall down.
    The edge looks like this:
    [stone][glass]
    [air][air]
    and I want to add another glass block to the right while sneaking.
    Maybe there is another way of creating a showcase instead of sneaking+rightclick?

21. Offline

narrowtux

Not at the moment ;)

22. Offline

SulimirCular

Im running latest version of your plugin...
    its working great so far, except finite shops are always sold out...
    any ideas?

23. Offline

SilverstarX

Okey, so I'll look for a way 'round it. Would like to continue using this plugin.

24. Offline

Tarnacki

just press restart. I use brohoster because running it by mylef made my laptop over heat haha

The PC Tech Guy likes this.
  25. Offline

ddubois89

double check your version number because i had a user that reported the same thing and it was "fixed" in a recent version. i say "fixed" because i havent verified it myself yet. will do right now

UPDATE: looks fixed to me. so just double check your version. cant hurt to redownload, replace jar and restart server.

26. Offline

Lightwave

Hello, first off, I'd like to say that I love this plugin so far.
    Second, I'd like to make a suggestion: The ability for the owner of a finite sell showcase to check the remaining stock

27. Offline

narrowtux

I will implement an assistant which can do that. It will display the current amount of items and you can then restock it by typing in the amount you want to add from your inventory. Also, you can simply drop the items like it's possible at the moment.

28. Offline

powback

everything is based on that bug, yes?
    do you think it will this work in 1.6 ?

29. Offline

narrowtux

good conclusion:D
    I will try to workaround his fix, or switch to another block type.

30. Offline

Stahlklang

Hi narrowtux very nice Plugin !!!

But i have a Problem....

i set up a finite shop... my items who i used dont eject out of my inventar afer the item amount setup...
    i can also clone the items .... by closing the shop and reopening
    any ideas ?

thx for help

31. Offline

narrowtux

Which bukkit version do you have got?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.