Inactive [MECH] CrowdControl v0.0.3 - The creature control plugin [1.1R3]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by WinSock, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Offline

WinSock

CrowdControl - The creature control plugin.
    Version 0.0.3

New Rewrite is out! Get it at:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/crowdcontrol/
    Temp Download Link Below

Yes it's back, the two plugins MobControl and CrowdControl have been merged now and I present to you on the behalf of the elBukkit team the new and improved CrowdControl! Features are still being added from both of the old plugins but i have decided that enough basic functionality is here to release it to the general public!

If you're not familiar with JSON i recommend this online editor:
    http://jsoneditoronline.org/

Todo/Issues

Download

Source

Milestones

Full Changelog

11RJB and NathanWolf like this.
  2. Offline

WinSock

No, just remove the jar and the folder. I'm not hiding anything lol

3. Offline

Asianator

I have done that, but the crowd control folder continues to generate for some reason even though there is no jar.

4. Offline

WinSock

I have no clue why it's doing it. Do you see it enable in the console output?

5. Offline

Asianator

Ok, I have no idea what happened, but after deleting continually deleting the crowdcontrol folder it left permanently, sorry if i caused any inconvenience and thanks for your help.

6. Offline

WinSock

No problem and i hope some day you will use my plugin again :D

7. Offline

WinSock

cb935

Version 0.26.07!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  8. Offline

o0AzzA0o

WinSock or someone can you paste a generic config that you have for your server so people can start using this plugin or should i say so the thick ones like me can start using it.

9. Offline

spunkiie

Just tested this on my 300+ server.

Wiki says no mobs will spam till you enable it. Well, no. With 1.7.2 even if I don't touch this plugin mobs are spawning in every place.

10. Offline

Neo_Bahamut_19

Put it on my server and had to take it right back off, despite setting mobs to passive, the slimes were always aggressive. Commands I used were:

/crowd set world SLIME NatureDay Passive
    /crowd set world SLIME NatureNight Passive
    /crowd set world SLIME enabled true

Yet for some reason they would still attack... Also, the command for making them burn during day light did not work either.

/crowd set world SLIME BurnDay true

Also, the wiki page needs updated with the commands that are missing, such as the command that sets the max height that a mob can spawn.

Honestly, this plugin could really benefit from a configuration file. I saw you were going to make a, from what I could understand, plugin that gives you a GUI to edit the settings. Honestly, if I may make a recommendation, simpler is better. It's much easier and more efficient to just put in a configuration file that is well laid out.

11. Offline

WinSock

How do people like this UI?
    [​IMG]
    p.s. The mustache is from http://moustach-io.appspot.com lol

Hmm, slimes do not have the target events.... @EvilSeph @Dinnerbone Is there a reason for this?

And the burning code i will look at.

And i'm considering YAML. I will make the GUI but make it work with YAML instead. I'm tired with SQLite limitations so I will probably go the YAML route.

How do people like this for the YAML files?
    base.yml:
    Code:YAML
    2. # File name will be base.yml
    3. # The file will be the same as the mobs node in the world yml files
    4. # But this will set what the defaults will be for the creatures when making the world config
    5. mobs:
    6. "mob name":
    7. enabled:false
    8. burnDay:false
    9. damage:
    10. misc:0
    11. collision:0
    12. nature:
    13. day:passive
    14. night:Aggressive
    15. health:10
    16. targetDistance:24
    17. spawnChance:0.9

"world name".yml
    Code:YAML
    2. # File name will match world name
    3. rules:
    4. "creature type":
    5. "class name":
    6. "name": # name of the rule you made
    7. # Rule specific nodes
    8. mobs:
    9. "mob name":
    10. enabled:false
    11. burnDay:false
    12. damage:
    13. misc:0
    14. collision:0
    15. nature:
    16. day:passive
    17. night:Aggressive
    18. health:10
    19. targetDistance:24
    20. spawnChance:0.9

@Neo_Bahamut_19

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

rmrector

Happy days! A YAML configuration file!

I've had my eye on this plugin for a while now, but never got around to actually implementing it because it seems like it would be a bear to try to configure with only commands. Some plugins do benefit from configuration by in-game commands, but not one as in depth as this, as long as we can reload the config from file with an in-game command.

I like the YAML layout, but I'm not sure how much that counts for since I haven't actually used the plugin at all yet. Would you consider including a base.default.yaml or something similar that is configured to act the same way as the stock server? That way if someone only wanted to tweak the stock mobs a bit they could, without recreating everything else that they just want to work as normal.

13. Offline

WinSock

Well by default base.yml will contain all default normal minecraft mob settings and it will use that file for making new "world name".yml files where you could tweak it more. You can also edit the base.yml if you always want a monster to act a certain way in every new world.

14. Offline

Parflagush

I had all sorts of issues with mobs spawning in odd places...animals in water, and squids on land. Not sure if that's a bug or if I configured something incorrectly. I also welcome the YAML configuration, and with a GUI even better. Just need mobs to behave themselves and spawn in their appropriate environments.

15. Offline

WinSock

You have to make a SpawnMaterialRule to block creature types from spawning on certain materials. Look at the instructions at the wiki for an example. I left it up to the player to make those rules because you never know what crazy things people want :D

16. Offline

Neo_Bahamut_19

I'm loving it, simple and to the point, just have to figure out how to get it to work properly on my server. Once I get this and Creeper Repair up and running I'll be set. XD

17. Offline

Parflagush

Ahh, okay. Really all I want to do is reduce the creeper population a bit and leave everything else as default Minecraft behavior. If you don't mind, could you suggest the best way of accomplishing that? Is there an easy way to configure each creature as "default" and then just tweak creeper spawns?

Thanks for providing this plugin and for your assistance.

18. Offline

WinSock

Best way is to wait for version 0.27 :D Then there will be a default settings that sets everything to minecraft default.

19. Offline

intelnavi

That would be excellent. Monsters spawning in torchlight is a real pain :)

20. Offline

Parflagush

Perfect! Thank you!

21. Offline

Astrum

Heh, this is one of the main reasons we are using it.
    Winsock is there a ETA on v 0.27? Its a real pain to configure. Some how (even after i set collisiondamage to 6) Zombies didnt do anything. I tested a bunch of things but couldn't get it to work. Any idea's? (It might be another plugin but i dont think so)

22. Offline

WinSock

ETA Is some time today :D I already finished most of the YAML generation. Now i'm just working on writing all of the default minecraft values.

And did you set them to aggressive?

23. Offline

Astrum

Yay, that will make this so much simpler (and easier to ask for help =3).

I am quite sure I did, I know i set target distance to 28 and day nature to aggressive...
    Thanks for the fast reply & keep up the good work - mostly i was worried that I wouldnt beable to work out the problem just with the ingame commands.

24. Offline

WinSock

I'll make sure to test that out before releasing 0.27 :)

VERSION 0.27!

25. Offline

intelnavi

I'm getting a "could not load elRegions!" error with 953, and it disables crowdcontrol. No config folder or anything was created either. Any ideas?

26. Offline

WinSock

Do you have elRegions installed? It is listed as a dependency.

27. Offline

intelnavi

I had it in the wrong folder for some reason, my apologies, trying again.

28. Offline

Astrum

Yay, you update fast =D! I will give it a test later when i have access to my test server.

29. Offline

intelnavi

Seems to enable fall dmg and turns off godmode (invulnerability) on my server. With both plugins removed, it works fine. Let me know if there is any info I can provide.

Also, I'm not seeing permissions nodes on the wiki. Mobs are not attacking me, but I'm thinking that's a permissions issue (ie i have a permission that has them ignore me).

30. Offline

WinSock

There is no permissions with this plugin. There is a rule that allows you to set people to ignore though. The god mode thing is however an incompatibility. I will try to find a work around though. And this shouldn't effect fall damage at all.

31. Offline

intelnavi

Hm, odd I am using your new default config. I haven't configured any rules. I love that it sees my other worlds, but no mobs attack me in any of them.

I'm not sure why I'm taking fall dmg when I enable this mod, I use the latest Essentials to disable it. I also use Essentials for godmode if that helps.