[MECH] CraftBook - Redstone bridges, gates, minecarts, ICs, more [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by sk89q, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Offline

sk89q

CraftBook adds a number of original gameplay elements to Minecraft from switchable bridges to elevators to gates (including flood gates)! It also has redstone support, allowing you to wire up pumpkins and use integrated circuits!

Some cool stuff people made last year:

Features:
    • Mechanisms
      • Bridges
      • Doors *not yet ported*
      • Gates
      • Elevators
      • Cauldrons
      • Light switches
      • Readable bookshelves
      • Toggle areas (advanced toggle doors and bridges)
      • Hidden switches
      • Custom block drops
      • Apple tree drops
      • Bookshelf drops
      • MORE!
    • Redstone
      • Integrated circuits
      • Programmable logic chips
      • Redstone pumpkins
      • Redstone netherstone
      • Ammeter
      • MORE!
    • Minecart features
      • Booster blocks
      • Brake blocks
      • Reverse blocks
      • Ejector blocks
      • Chest-storage minecart transfer blocks
      • Station blocks
      • Sort blocks
      • Message announcer block
      • Minecart dispensers
      • Change minecart behavior
      • MORE!
    Download

CraftBook is being developed again, although by someone else. Get the latest downloads here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/craftbook/

[​IMG] (CraftBook is open source!)

kazeen, dragon8510, Jaein and 45 others like this.
  2. Offline

Bashoogers

Code:
    2011-07-10 17:16:33 [SEVERE] Could not pass event VEHICLE_MOVE to CraftBookVehicles
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sk89q.worldedit.bukkit.BukkitUtil.center(Lorg/bukkit/Location;)Lorg/bukkit/Location;
        at com.sk89q.craftbook.cart.CartEjector.impact(CartEjector.java:42)
        at com.sk89q.craftbook.cart.MinecartManager.impact(MinecartManager.java:50)
        at com.sk89q.craftbook.bukkit.VehiclesPlugin$CraftBookVehicleListener.onVehicleMove(VehiclesPlugin.java:105)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$78.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:790)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityMinecart.m_(EntityMinecart.java:564)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1190)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.vehicleEnteredWorld(WorldServer.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:235)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

3. Offline

AxelBrito

It is updated for 1.7?

4. Offline

brnr72

Well My server is 1.7 and I saw one of my friends on it make the gates and bridges work.

5. Offline

Xemnas33

Yes

6. Offline

Tylerjd

Yea, I'm etting those kinds of errors too...
    And I don't know how to solve them. There is a line in the error "com.sk89q.worldedit.bukkit.BukkitUtil.center" that make it look like it could be failing because of worldedit, but my guess is that it just share a few of the same classes.

I have no clue why this happens though, all of my plugins are up to date (as far as they can be). I had to disable all of the CraftBook stuff for now though.

I know that sk89q has been having computer issues, but if a member off the community would like to help me, Bashoogers, and other that are having this issue that would be great.

In my case, here is some more information about the system that I am running this plugin on...
    CentOS 5.6
    CB 953

java -version output:
    java version "1.6.0_25"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_25-b06)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)

I don't think that this info is really relative but everything helps!

7. Offline

V4Vendetta

Hi, I was trying to make an itemspawner with Craftbook, using MC1201. Problem is, I'm trying to make a colored wool spawner, and I don't know what ids, or names, I have to use. Anyone have a list or something? I checked the wikia and it talks about hmod's item list, but I can't find it anywhere

8. Offline

Xemnas33

Type Data Values into google :p

9. Offline

V4Vendetta

I already tried it, can you make a practical example? Let's say that I have to spawn orange wool, how do I do it? Colored wool doesn't have individual IDs and I don't know how to type the second "part"

10. To spawn black wool, you do /i 35:15 1
    So basically the "second part" is the "block damage" which deals with color for wool.
    Valid values are /i 35:1-15
    I can't remember what orange is atm.

11. Offline

sk89q

So since I haven't been around much in the past 1 or 2 weeks, there are like 50 pages of posts with questions.

I don't have time to reply to that, so if you still have a question, please ask me on Twitter. It is very convenient for me and you get replies much quicker. If you don't want to use Twitter, then ask again after this message and hope I get around to replying.

You can also ask on http://forum.sk89q.com as well.

Please don't PM me. My inbox currently has 44 unread messages.

12. Offline

Techykid3

Hello sk89q, I wanted to let you know I'm getting an error (but if you don't have time, don't even bother with me!) So, if you wanted to look into this, everything loads successfully, including craftbook. Here is the error:

Code:
    2011-07-15 12:42:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event VEHICLE_MOVE to CraftBookVehicles
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sk89q.worldedit.bukkit.BukkitUtil.center(Lorg/bukkit/Location;)Lorg/bukkit/Location;
    	at com.sk89q.craftbook.cart.CartEjector.impact(CartEjector.java:42)
    	at com.sk89q.craftbook.cart.MinecartManager.impact(MinecartManager.java:50)
    	at com.sk89q.craftbook.bukkit.VehiclesPlugin$CraftBookVehicleListener.onVehicleMove(VehiclesPlugin.java:105)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$77.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:783)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    	at net.minecraft.server.EntityMinecart.m_(EntityMinecart.java:564)
    	at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1190)
    	at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.vehicleEnteredWorld(WorldServer.java:53)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:235)
    	at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)

If possible, when you get the chance, I would like to know what is causing the problem here. Craftbukkit build #953, about 26 plugins, I can PM you the plugin list from excel if you want.

Thanks!

13. Offline

Pixelzz

Everything is good about this plugin except ICs becuase noob can spawn items with them

14. Offline

co boner

Permission for bridges isnt working, I can create them but can't use them unless I op myself.

15. Offline

mattekure

Is there any way to use worldguard to stop natural monster spawning in an area, but still allow craftbook IC's to spawn monsters?

xPosted in WorldGuards forum as well.

16. Offline

Schlumpf

So the Plugin isn't developed anymore?
    Hmm thats bad I like this Plugin -.-

17. Offline

Snowy007

He is still working on it. Just give him some time.
    He has a life, some other big complicated plugins and also helps out with craftbukkit itself.
    And he likes to actually have some time to play the game.

Perhaps the mods and admins here don't want to flag his plugins inactive - active - inactive - active - inactive - etc..
    every few months...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  18. Offline

Techykid3

I hope sk89q gets some helpers to get craftbook updated :(

19. Offline

MonkRX

I agree with you asking for fair treatment. However, I do not agree that this plugin is inactive. Against the rules, this plugin is marked as 860+.

And it does work with the latest build (1000 as of this post). This tends to be true for all of his popular plug-ins. (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Commandbook, CraftBook). They almost always work with the latest build, despite the first post not being updated to say so.

Whenever there is an update that breaks compatibility, SK updates the first post in a timely manner, discussing the issue. Otherwise, its generally left alone. Is it confusing for users? Yep. But the plugin isn't inactive and generally always works with the latest build unless the topic post specifically says it doesn't.

Improvements in communication can be made (since this plugin, as well as his others, aren't updated to say they work with 1000), but I have no current issues since I'm used to how SK announces updates/build incompatibilties.

20. Offline

wattywahwah

dont bother if this was already stated, but for me, toggling areas won't work anymore. was that fixed? i recently switched to falsebook for this reason, but other than that, i like craftbook much better. just hope this was fixed.

21. Offline

alex4108

Does CB have a stop cart for x seconds function, and a lock cart function, like Minecart Mania? I would really love to switch over if those worked, because CraftBook already has everything else I need

22. Offline

andrewkm

@sk89q
    Anyone can make lifts using craftbook. They do not have permissions craftbook.mech.evelator they only use craftbook.mech.elevator.use
    Any ideas?
    Permissions 3.1.6

23. Offline

THEK

I have a bug with CraftBookMechanisms. It is writing it's config file to my WorldEdit folder and consequently WorldEdit's config is being overwritten. I have the latest version of all plugins and running CB RB 1000. I've tried deleting all the folders but it does the same thing.

Anyone else encountered this problem?

24. Offline

cartoongeorge95

What are the permission nodes to use the features?

Cheers

25. Offline

Ratchet

is there any way to change what a cauldron has to be made of? i'd rather if they had to be made of obsidian or something like that

26. Offline

Magnet_man16

i Cant get netherrack to set on fire?

27. Offline

RugRats

People with the permission to use bridges cannot use bridges. CB 1000 and yes my permissions is 100% correct. No need to ask for it just get straight to the helping thanks.

28. Offline

imaxorz

Is there any way maybe even manually change what blocks can be used for bridges?

Dirt bridges + redstone = easy spleef arenas without additional plugins. :D

29. Offline

Devoldo

Code:
    2011-08-01 08:09:26 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to CraftBookMechanisms
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.appendCodePoint(AbstractStringBuilder.java:728)
        at java.lang.StringBuilder.appendCodePoint(StringBuilder.java:264)
        at com.sk89q.craftbook.mech.Bookcase.getBookLine(Bookcase.java:122)
        at com.sk89q.craftbook.mech.Bookcase.read(Bookcase.java:77)
        at com.sk89q.craftbook.mech.Bookcase.onRightClick(Bookcase.java:145)
        at com.sk89q.craftbook.MechanicManager.dispatchBlockRightClick(MechanicManager.java:168)
        at com.sk89q.craftbook.bukkit.MechanicListenerAdapter$MechanicPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(MechanicListenerAdapter.java:103)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:307)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:210)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:553)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    This is with the 2.0 dev. I do not want a "developmental" version of worldedit running.[/CODE]

30. Offline

WDV

I would like to make a suggestion

Would you concider adding a certain feature to bridges, Redstone linking?
    I want to use bridges to cross a rather large gap but without having to use several MANUAL enable/disable points along the way.

Imagine having two functional bridges, then add a Redstone line between two of the (almost connecting) [Bridge] signs. Link as many times as desired to create a multi segment bridge that works like a single bridge.

Let me know what you think of this idea!

31. Offline

wlwhs321

omg i was waiting for this and i love to burn pigs !!!!!!!!!!!! love <3