Inactive [MECH] CommandSigns v0.9 - Issue commands using signs [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Fluff, May 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Fluff

CommandSigns v0.9

Tired of having to type out the same commands again and again? Want to allow your players to use commands only at certain places? Help is at hand!

Feature Summary
    • Allows chat commands and chat messages to be send on right-clicking a sign.
    • Allows commands to be run on signs that players wouldn't be able to use through chat.
    • Sign usage can be limited to specific players or groups.
    • Supports 'variables' for player name and x,y,z position.
    • Won't allow users to gain access to forbidden commands without permission (secure).
    • Add a cost to use a sign, or a reward for clicking the sign!
    • Limit the number of times a sign can be used.
    • Enable and disable signs without destroying them.
    • Permissions-friendly
    • Developer API available
    User's Guide

About The Developers

Want to ensure your bug or suggestion isn't lost in the thread? Post it on our issue tracker.

Command Summary (open)

• /commandsign enable - Enables the next command sign you right-click on.
    • /commandsign enable <x> <y> <z> - Enables the command sign at x,y,z in the current world.
    • /commandsign enable <x> <y> <z> [w:]<world> - Enables the command sign in world <world> at x,y,z.
    • /commandsign enable [a:]<alias> - Enables the command sign at the alias.
    • /commandsign enable <uses> - Enables the next command sign you right-click on with a number of uses.
    • /commandsign enable <uses> <x> <y> <z> - Enables the command sign at x,y,z in the current world with a number of uses.
    • /commandsign enable <uses> <x> <y> <z> [w:]<world> - Enables the command sign in world <world> at x,y,z with a number of uses.
    • /commandsign enable <uses> [a:]<alias> - Enables the command sign at the alias with a number of uses.
    • /commandsign disable - Disables the next command sign you right-click on.
    • /commandsign disable <x> <y> <z> - Disables the command sign at x,y,z in the current world.
    • /commandsign disable <x> <y> <z> [w:]<world> - Disables the command sign at x,y,z in world <world>.
    • /commandsign disable [a:]<alias> - Disables the command sign at the alias.
    • /commandsign alias - Right-click on a block to get the alias of its location.
    • /commandsign alias <x> <y> <z> - Get the alias of the location x,y,z in the current world.
    • /commandsign alias <x> <y> <z> w:<world> - Get the alias of the location x,y,z in world <world>.
    • /commandsign alias [a:]<name> - Right-click on a block to set the alias of its location.
    • /commandsign alias <x> <y> <z> [a:]<name> - Set the alias of the location x,y,z in the current world.
    • /commandsign alias <x> <y> <z> w:<world> [a:]<name> - Set the alias of the location x,y,z in world <world>.
    • /commandsign alias remove - Right-click on a block to remove the alias of its location.
    • /commandsign alias remove [a:]<name> - Removes the alias.
    • /commandsign alias remove <x> <y> <z> - Remove the alias at location x,y,z in the current world.
    • /commandsign alias remove <x> <y> <z> w:<world> - Remove the alias at location x,y,z in world <world>.
    • /commandsign alias [a:]<name> [a:]<newname> - Set the alias of the location at <name> to <newname>.
    • /commandsign config - Lists all the configuration nodes.
    • /commandsign config <node> - Lists the configuration node.
    • /commandsign config <node> <value> - Sets the configuration node to the value.
    • /commandsign exec [a:]<alias> - Executes the command sign at the location pointed to by the alias.
    • /commandsign exec <x> <y> <z> - Executes the command sign at location x,y,z in the current world.
    • /commandsign exec <x> <y> <z> [w:]<world> - Executes the command sign at location x,y,z in world <world>.
    Syntax Summary (open)

• [command] - use on the first line of a sign to define a command sign.
    • **[title] - use on the first line in place of [command] to customise the title of the sign
    • /command - runs a command as the player using the sign
    • /*command - runs a command as the fictional user &CommandSigns
    • /@command - elevates the player's permissions (using the permissions assigned to &CommandSigns) if necessary to run the command
    • @player/group - commands following (up to the next @) are limited to that player/group.
    • \message - prints the message to chat
    • \\message - prints the message to the player
    • <NAME> / <X> / <Y> / <Z> / <I> - replaced with the using players name/x/y/z-coord/current held item id on running.
    • $;<cost1>[;<costN>] where cost is <item id>,<item number> or <item id>:<item data>,<item number> - adds a cost to the sign
    • $$ - break evaluation of a command sign
    Permission Nodes (open)

• commandSigns.use - Use a command sign.
    • commandSigns.create - Create, enable, or disable a command sign.
    • commandSigns.super - Create, enable, or disable a command sign using /*command, /@command, @player/group, or $.
    • commandSigns.super.cost - Create, enable, or disable a command sign using $.
    • commandSigns.super.elevated - Create, enable, or disable a command sign using /@command.
    • commandSigns.super.fakeuser - Create, enable, or disable a command sign using /*command.
    • commandSigns.super.restricted - Create, enable, or disable a command sign using @player/group.
    • commandSigns.default.<default group name> - A flag stating that the group is the default group.
    • commandSigns.config - Allows a user to manage the configuration.
    • commandSigns.alias - Allows a user to manage aliases.
    • commandSigns.exec - Allows a user to remotely trigger command signs.
    Reporting a Problem (open)
    The following bits of information are helpful to include when reporting a problem:
    1. Bukkit and plugin version.
    2. Excerpt from server log of the failed command usage, preferably with the debug configuration option set to true.
    3. Complete command sign text.
    4. Command sign configuration file.
    5. Name of plugin that the failed command comes from, preferably with a link to the plugin's forum thread.

Recommended Plugins
    • With Annotate, you can have CommandSigns on practically any block with an almost unlimited amount of room for commands! They can even activate when pressing a button or a pressure plate!
    • With ScrollingMenuSign, your signs can look even nicer while allowing your users to scroll through a menu of commands!

Download Latest Version
    MD5: 7f4076eea7198f2c0f17cde3f62f7c1f
    Download 0.8.1i - RB 803 and previous
    MD5: 72a60e16bfd775b3d15a03aca70e86e0

Source

To Everyone Asking For Redstone Support (open)

Yes, I also think redstone support would be very cool. Unfortunately, there are some major limitations on what you can do with a redstone-controlled sign. You can read about those limitations in this post, and you can read a rationale about why those limitations exist in this post. Given those two limitations, I don't think redstone support is currently a useful feature to add, especially given what Annotate can do for you. (If you disagree, please post on the issue tracker on how you would use redstone support.) In the (not too distant) future, redstone support may will be added in a separate plugin due to the different nature of redstone command signs.

Change Log
    version 0.9 - See Post
    • If PEX permissions work, this plugin supports it.
    • Economy redone; added Essentials Economy.
    • Localization support added.
    • Added new command: /commandsign exec
    • Events properly unregistered when plugin is disabled.
    version 0.8.13
    • Default groups should work for real.
    Older Entries (open)

version 0.8.12
    • Added handling for default groups.
    • Added support for command aliases.
    • Added /commandsign config.
    version 0.8.11
    • Fixed @ directive.
    • Fixed '/commandsign disable' bug.
    • Added aliases.
    version 0.8.10
    • Fixed /@ permissions error.
    • Added exception handling for removing permissions from users.
    version 0.8.9
    • Added PEX and Permissions 3.0 support.
    • Added new placeholders: <N> and <I>
    • Fixed bug with regular / commands.
    • Added new directives: $$ and \\
    • Added additional debug messages.
    version 0.8.8
    • Fixed /* and /@ working without permissions support.
    • Fixed Permissions creating new users with the wrong casing.
    version 0.8.7
    • Fixed command sign creation permissions.
    • Added debug configuration option.
    version 0.8.6
    • Added Permissions checks to developer API.
    • Fixed enabling bug with /* and /@.
    • Updated to work with GroupManager and fake Permission plugins.
    version 0.8.5 - See Post
    • Fixed multi-world Permissions bug.
    • Changed @ group directive
    version 0.8.4
    • Removed support for Permissions 3.x
    • Updated to 818
    version 0.8.3
    • Fixed API bug
    version 0.8.2
    • Updated for Permissions 3.x
    version 0.8.1
    • Fixed GroupManager integration
    version 0.8
    • Added /@ to temporarily elevate a user's permissions.
    • Added developer API.
    version 0.7.1
    • Fixed item data bug - for real, this time.
    version 0.7 - See Post
    • Removed SignReadMore support.
    • Added Annotate support.
    • Added more granular permissions for advanced sign creation.
    • Removed a debug message that looked like an error.
    version 0.6.2
    • Fixed enable bug on sign creation.
    • Fixed item data bug.
    version 0.6.1
    • Fixed berating of users who can't create command signs but were just innocently putting up a sign.
    version 0.6
    • Added SignReadMore support.
    version 0.5.1
    • Can no longer place blocks directly on enabled command signs.
    • Fixed @ directive.
    • Changed fake user network code.
    version 0.5 - See Post
    • Added /commandsign commands.
    • Added finite-use signs.
    version 0.4.10
    • Fixed BOSEconomy support
    version 0.4.9
    • Supports BOSEconomy
    version 0.4.8
    • Trimming commands in hopes it fixes some problems.
    version 0.4.7 - See Post
    • Added cost signs.
    version 0.4.6
    • Hackish solution to 'items not showing up in inventory' bug.
    version 0.4.5 - See Post
    • Updated support for GroupManager.
    • Added configuration option to change the display name of the fake user.
    • Added configuration option to allow command parser to understand // commands.
    version 0.4.4
    • Fixed numerous bugs when not using Permissions.
    • Beginnings of an API for other plugin devs.
    version 0.4.3
    • Added configuration file.
    • Fixed chat command bugs.
    • Rearranged code for simpler maintenance.
    version 0.4.2 - See Post
    • BREAKING CHANGE - The fake user is now named &CommandSigns.
    version 0.4.1
    • Fixed for 740
    version 0.4
    • Bukkit team trying to break everything again
    version 0.35
    • Fixed conflict when using <NAME> in commands overriding permissions.
    version 0.3
    • Added NAME, X, Y and Z variables
    • Added permission filter
    • Allowed creation of signs that call commands user would not usually have access to
    • Allowed customisation of [command] to other text.
    version 0.15
    • Bugfix ("Insufficient Permissions" annoyance bug)
    version 0.1
    • Plugin Released

Dimochka, c_dric, Flipp and 5 others like this.
  2. Offline

JesterB

@Fluff
    Supremely awesome duo of plugins (using Annotate as well), they work great!

One feature that would make commandsigns even more powerful as a tool would be the ability to check for a certain permission node, like the @playername check.

This would be super handy in any situation where someone wants to provide a different command to players of different permissions, and would like something more fine-grained than groups (and/or to avoid having to define numerous extra groups).

Just a thought! Thanks for giving it any consideration

3. Offline

craftopia.net

I skimmed thru 19 pages of this thread, but I didnt see it mentioned. And I cant figure out how to pull it off.

What I need to do is create a sign with a command that costs money to use. Is there anyway to make commands cost money? Everything I am reading only shows itemID for money. I want my Builders to be able to /time day but I want it to cost them some coin.

Ok I finally found the answer to my question. However, this IS NOT documented well in the Wiki or the User guide.
    Maybe for Items, but its confusing to figure out for commands.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  4. Offline

minecraft124_

Very nice plugin! I'll use this along with annotations.

5. Offline

Bharel

the &CommandSigns user does not work... Only the /CommandSigns with the old config. When I use &CommandSigns it bugs the permissions plugin.

6. Offline

JesterB

If you're having problems with permissions, could be that you aren't putting the name in single quotes (I had this problem one page back).

it should be:
    '&CommandSigns'
    not:
    &CommandSigns

7. Offline

panade

if i wanna make something for cost and ppl have not enough money it says you have not enough money but still uses the command

also its issuing server freezes when i warp somewhere and then go back... :-(
    (using multiverse)

8. Offline

niugnip

Put the payment on a higher line then the command2execute.
    If it fails to pay, it will ignore all commands under the $-line

9. Offline

Celeixen

Very nice plugin, very helpful. one thing i would like to see is user-input.This would be great to use with permissionsplus (verylong commands), so then you right click on a sign to promote the user-inputed player name.
    Thanks

10. Offline

panade

i has the same idea but sadly it doesnt work for me with permissionsplus. :-(
    it just says the "[P2] you do not have permissions to complete this command" message
    i someone has an idea for an workaround or what im doing wrong i would welcome it.
    i tryed it with annotate like this:
    [command]
    /@greoupset <NAME> Builder *

just no buy set or similiar because i wanna test if it works at all

EDIT: if i rank myself to admin i can rank me down btw

EDIT2: lol XD my last hopeless try -> use op &CommandSigns in console
    works can rank now hahahha XD

11. Offline

Joannou1

@Fluff Hey, I REALLY LOVE this plugin! It's saved my server, but there's been an issue... I'm using annotations so I can write more commands, and one day I clicked on the block and it just said all the commands out loud... Then I went to /commandsign enable it and it just said "Command sign not clicked" and just failed. :( One file does work 100%, but for example, I copy the contents of the file to a new one, and just says "Command sign not clicked"
    This just happened randomly, I really need this mod! (No errors in console, no new plugins)

INFO:
    Show Spoiler

1. Bukkit version #1000
    2. Command sign not clicked
    3. Below is file named "as.txt"
    §2[command]
    /home /@broadcast §9Cobalt§a has defeated §2Emerald 2!§a Congrats!
    /@broadcast §4DO NOT ATTACK §2EMERALD 2 §4FOR 1 HOUR - YOU WILL BE PENALIZED!
    /@broadcast Cobalt has been rewarded §91250 Lightstones!
    /@money grant Cobalt 1250 /@money grant Emerald -1000
    /@region flag E2_e1 entry deny
    /@region flag E2_e2 entry deny
    /@region flag E2 greeting Emerald 2 is in a 1 hour NO PVP LOCKDOWN. DO NOT DISTURB!
    /@region flag E2 pvp deny "
    All of the above worked before. I have an IDENTICAL file named CobWin2.txt and that works right now!
    1. Config file:
      • features:
      • fakeUserDisplayName: CommandSigns
      • debug:
      • writeDebugMessages: false
      • legacy:
      • allowEmptyCommandAsMessage: false
      • useOldGroupDirective: false
      • useOldCommandSignsUser: false
      • ignoreSpacesAtEndOfLine: false
      • allowRunOnCommands: false

1. Annotate, iConomy, WorldGuard...

12. Hello,

i write on the sign :

[command]
    /@pr <USER>
    parents add
    Magier

If I´m Admin it works, but when im the default user -> permission say: you dont have permission,

But when i add to the Permissons of the Default user : permissions.perms.add
    It works but then every default user can make itself admin!!!

I use Permissions 3.1.6

Kind regards​

13. Offline

Joannou1

Hey, you have to set the user "&CommandSigns" to the group "Admins". The @ in the command means it will run that command as "&CommandSigns".

PS: @Fluff No matter what block I click, it says "Command sign not clicked"

14. @ Joannou1

Thanks a lot!

But you have to add '&CommandSigns' to permissons as Admin, then it works ;)

15. Offline

ArmEagle

I'd recommend giving &CommandSigns only the actually used (in signs) permissions. Especially since, looking at the changelog, the issue of anyone being able to create command signs through a loophole hasn't been fixed yet.

16. Offline

chickenmove

he wirtes me commandsign not clicked when i rightclick a sign with a command :I

17. Offline

niugnip

How is the sign configured? Keep in mind that [Command] does not work, but [command] does.
    Or just try the **[Test] in the 1st line ;)

18. Offline

chickenmove

can i make it that normal players can use the signs ?? players who are not op

yep thx
    but now i have the problem that only op can use it ?
    can i make it that normal players can use the sign ???

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  19. Offline

niugnip

When you have permissions installed, give them the "commandSigns.use"-node

20. Offline

FroyoShark

It would be great if you could add multiworld support, I would like to use command signs to tp players from 1 world to another. The command signs only work in the default world.

21. Offline

niugnip

They actually do work multiworlds (please show your permissions)

You shouldnt use signs in combination with /mvtp. For some odd reason, the players keep the elevated permissions when leaving the world, for this specific world. (Had to restore server by 2 days when i saw like 12 other admins running around >.<

For teleport, use "Creative Gates" (very easy) or "Stargate" (highly customisable)

22. Offline

S4h4rk

Awesome plugin!

I see on the issue tracker that "/commandsign enable <uses>" is fixed in verson 0.9.1. When will a build of version 0.9.1 be made available?

[Update] I fetched the sources, set up a build environment for it under Eclipse, but it was no go because I'm either doing something wrong or the source needs updating to build against latest Bukkit release build.

Best regards,
    S4h4rk

23. Offline

Sonorpearl

Update it to Bukkit 1000, please.

24. Offline

niugnip

Works just fine for me at CB1k

25. Offline

HadrienM

Hello, i've an improvement idea :

Can you add a function to allow the use of a commandsign without seeing it ?

I explain my idea :

Schema :

T c[]|
    (side-viewed)

T= the person who push the button
    c = The button
    [] = a bloc
    | = The sign with the command written on it

When you push the button, the sign behind the button's bloc executes the command.

I hope i explained it correctly...

26. Offline

niugnip

Use annotate instead:

27. Offline

HadrienM

Oops, i'm sooo sorry :/ haven't seen that i've scrolled too fast...

So, if i annotate a command in a bloc and rightclic it it executes the command "inside" the bloc ? And if i power the written bloc via redstone, it works too, is it that ? If that's not, explain. :D

28. Offline

S4h4rk

It works fine for me too with CB1000. The only issue I have is it not being able to set the number of times a CommandSign can be used. That will most likely be fixed in next CommandSigns release build based on what I read in the issue tracker.

Basically RegionMarket seems to dead/dying and I would like to use CommandSigns to allow property sales for WorldGuard regions. I only want the sign to be able to be executed once for each region sale.

Best regards,
    S4h4rk

29. Offline

niugnip

With Anotate, you can make any block to a "sign". Usually, you can place text on it and see it with a rightclick. When you have a [command] or **[anything] in the first line (/ann line1 [command]), then it can be used as a commandsign. Use /commandsign enable and rightclick the block to enable the commandsign. Now you can rightclick the block and commandsign will be executed. Buttons and levers are special: Their Annotations/commands will be executet when a player pushes/walks on them. The commands are executed as like as a player clicked a sign, not a block. That's why there is NO redstonesupport. Its hard to find out who enabled the redstone, so the sign doesnt know how to execute it ;)

30. Offline

mmboy

i dont quite know what im doing wrong, i added a user in permissions as
    &CommandSigns:
    groups:
    - Admins
    permissions:
    and when i mike a sign i use this format
    [command]
    /@time day

but users that dont have that permission still cant use the sign

31. Offline