[MECH] Cabinet v1.7.1 - Get rid of arbitrary chest restrictions [1597]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MiracleM4n, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Offline

MiracleM4n

Version: 1.7.1 (Versioning = MC Version 1.7 Release 1)

Features:
    • Open any chest, any time!
    • Stack chests on top of each other (while still being able to use them!)
    • LWC, Lockette.... support. -Fixed For Sure Now.
    • Place chests beside double chests.
    • Permissions node "cabinet.adjchest" for ability to place adjacent chests.
    • Permissions node "cabinet.covered" for ability to open covered chests.
    • Permissions node "cabinet.abovechest" for ability to place covered chests.
    Download
    Source

Other Stuff:
    [​IMG] Please donate to help support me :D

It's pretty simple :) Solid blocks on top of chests (including chests on top of chests) no longer restrict you from opening the chests underneath. This works with both large and small chests, it opens chests in the same way the game does (mainly in regards to large chests, which chest is "top" in the inventory screen). For adjacent chests although it gets a little glitchy in the inventory window test it out and you'll see. -Fixed Thanks Afforess!!

Many thanks to Edward Hand, he gave the code that actually opens the inventory screen.

To-Do:
    • Suggest something?
    Changelog:
    Version 1.7.1
    • Updated to superperms, Added Permissions 2/3 redundancy and added GroupManager support.
    Old ChangeLogs (open)

Version 1.5.2
    • Added Permissions node for placing chests that this mod allows you to open.
    Version 1.5.1
    • Added Permissions node to open covered chests.
    • Changed versioning.
    Version 1.3
    • Remove Colors class and cleaned a bit of code.
    Version 1.2
    • Fixed spam of no permissions error.
    Version 1.1
    • Fixed UI. (Thanks Afforess!!!)
    • Made it so that chests over 3 long are all double chests
    Version 1.0
    • Yes I did skip 0.9 that is because this release is the first actual release of the plugin as I see it to be. (Unless people ask for more features)
    • Readded the Adjacent Chests feature.(Fixed crashing of MC error)
    • So I then readded the permissions node cabinet.adjchest
    • Still has LWC, Lockette,.... support.
    Version 0.8
    • Fixed LWC, Lockette,... support... I hope for good.
    Version 0.7
    • Removed Adjacent Chests part until I can fix it (No permissions node anymore) and added LWC, Lockette,... support.
    Version 0.6
    • Added permission node cabinet.adjchest so only mods can add adjacent (Glitchy) chests.
    Version 0.5
    • Now supports chests beside double chests.
    Version 0.4
    • Updated to latest RB.
    • Fixed errors.

Lextao, Kain888, woodzy and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

Hjelmansson

whenever anyone places chests adjacent to eachother.. the chests become invisible! :eek: any one else have this problem ever?

3. Offline

Rellac

I wish there were an update for this :c

4. Offline

Choelian

This is a vanilla minecraft "bug".

I'd bet you money there will be one soonish, check out this latest commit in the source. https://github.com/MiracleM4n/Cabinet/commit/6a078b6cf1d0d5708c0631c09c4fcd35a3c960c3

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  5. Offline

Hjelmansson

Getting this when opening a covered double chest... still functional, just really trippy
    Really looking forward to a update/new plugin

CraftBukkit 1.2.3-R0.3, Build #2070
    w/ Cabinet v1.7.1
    [​IMG]

gameswereus likes this.
  6. Offline

Hjelmansson

not to be that guy, but any ETA for an update? :) (this question is asked in the nicest, most non-rushing, and the least impatient way possible.)

7. Yeah I´m with stup... ehh the nice guy above! :D

8. Offline

NEILoRFCo

Hey I just found this plugin and would really like it to be available for 1.2.5 r4.0, it would be ideal for my server.

Hope you update this soon :)

9. Offline

MiracleM4n

NEILoRFCo What is currently wrong with it?

Ah, I see a few things. Working on it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  10. Offline

NEILoRFCo

Any updates MiracleM4n? Really looking forward to running this bug free on my server :)

11. Yes please update!
    Cabinet-1.2.5-R1_1 - works but has "dubble inv." (covered chest)
    Cabinet-1.2.5-R1_3 - does not work at all, not for me anyway...
    would be nice if you fixed it :)

12. Offline

Hjelmansson

stoked for an update ^_^

13. Offline

foxwillow

MiracleM4n

This is broken as hell, :(

Cabinet-1.3.1-R0.1.jar and Cabinet-1.3.1-R0.2.jar have been tried.

In both cases, covered chests cannot be opened by the players, only admins (I get the "you are opening a blocked chest") message. Is that another plugin or bukkit (anyone know?)

Even worse -- players can't take things out of chests or put them in. They can open a normal chest and see the contents, but the items will go right back into the chest when they try and do anything with the item they removed from it.

I've used this for like 4+ months so I hope it can be fixed!

14. Offline

Butkicker12

Hey, MiracleM4n I have moved your plugin to the inactive plugin subforum. You have not updated your plugin in awhile. If you choose to update in the future, make sure you've updated and tested your plugin with the latest RB. Then you can report your plugin (report button on the bottom of your post) saying that it has been updated. The plugin will get moved back ASAP as long as it matches the submission guidelines.

15. Offline

Rellac

I hope this gets picked back up or another similar plugin that allows players to open blocked chests is developed (if it hasn't already?)

16. Offline

triarry