Inactive [MECH] BetterSnow V1.5 - Snow that piles up - CUSTOM BLOCKS WITHOUT A CUSTOM CLIENT [1.0.0-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tster, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Tster

BetterSnow - The plugin for snow that piles up!
    Version: v1.5

This plugin piles up snow layers into blocks, to run, place the jar in your plugins folder, and run your server to generate a config file, configure and use away!
    Read more at my blog!

Video:

Copyright (open)

[*** COPYRIGHT NOTICE ***]
    This document is Copyright ©(2011) and is the intellectual property of the author. It may not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission.

Note: I will share source code, when messaged, but decompiling this is going to get you into some deep, deep shit.
    [************************]

Features:
    • My plugin makes snow layers into blocks
    • The minimum time is configurable
    • You can choose the max height for a pile of snow
    • It has a configurable property so you can add a random amount of time on to the minimum
    • Hretsam - General help
    • Bleachisback - Helped with config
    • jimbo8 - Requested Plugin
    To do:
    • Configurable height limit - Added in V1.1
    • Redo configuration method - Added in V1.4
    • New snow system (MAJOR UPDATE)
      • Custom heights for snow (W/O CLIENT MOD!!!) - Added in V1.5
      • Snow that gets trampled down
      • Snow that regenerates
    • Your suggestion here!
    Download

Source Code - Please PM me and ask rather then going and decompiling my work, I haven't released my work as it isn't neat, if you want it, I will,

Changelog:
    Version 1.5
    • Updated to Minecraft 1.0
    Version 1.4
    • Switched to Bukkit's standard configurtion
    Earlier Versions (open)

Version 1.3
    • Renamed plugin to BetterSnow
    Version 1.2
    • Added new property so you can configure the random time added on to the lowerbound(was 10)
    Version 1.1
    • Added maximum height
    Version 1.0
    • Plugin Release

[​IMG]

2. Offline

Tster

Sorry for the lack of updates, I have some problems with the new hooks

3. Offline

rawringlemon

np.
    Know when we could expect an update? This looks amazing! :D
    - rawr

4. Offline

Tster

I don't know, I'm frustrated that bukkit plugin forums haven't been phased out yet. Half the people are on bukkit.dev and the rest on the forums. No one has replied to the problem that this plugin has, so all I can do is wait. I will have a look at the latest bukkit build, and try slap something together for you guys.

Its also annoying that it never snows. If anyone by any chance finds a snow map can they please tell me?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  5. Offline

bu3ouf91

Not work with me !

6. Offline

Tster

Its broken ATM, I have nowhere to test cause I can't find sow

7. Offline

rawringlemon

This is a huge tundra biome seed, I personally love it:
    Let's Build!

NOTE: That includes all the capital letters and punctuation and apostrophes.
    Hope this helps!
    - rawr D:

8. Offline

Tster

Guys if just one person can donate two dollars it would really give me the motivation to continue. I don't wan't to sound like a dick but, I don't know if people like my work. So please, If you can spare only two dollars I promise you can have access to the latest news, and developmental builds. With the added bonus of also being the first person to have a stable release on their server.

Thanks,
    Your right honourable friend,
    Tster

9. Offline

Zapk

I would love to donate, but PayPal hates my card. Sorry :'(

10. Offline

Neils

Unfortunately I can't give you money without a bankcard and my parents wont let me use theirs ;(

Greetings from Europe, Neils

11. Offline

Chrisknyfe

I want this on my server, mc.flyingislands.beastnode.org.

Tips for being cool:
    1. Buy yourself something awesome, like some expensive drank or a deck of those magic card thingies.
    2. Update to CB 1597 (1.0.1-R1).
    3. Implement the varied snow heights.

Merry Christmas Tster,
    Zach B.

12. Offline

Tster

OMG, thanks ever so much for donating :D
    I am going to update to build 1597 ASAP, I can't believe people support me this much with a plugin.
    I will definitely take advantage of varied snow heights in the update after I fix it up for 1597

Thank you ever so much sir.
    Merry Christmas,
    Tster.

I am trying to update it, but I need to know something. Have you ever seen falling snow on your server? I am not sure if it is temporarily broken or what, but please let me know if you find some :D
    Thanks again for donating :D.
    Merry Xmas
    Tster

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

Kloporte

You should have receive some motivation from me ;)
    And yes i've seen snow falling (my spawn is in a giant snow biome, here is the seed : 3713886195492510292)

14. Offline

Tster

Thaank you sir/ma'am and kind of you to also give me a seed :D

15. Offline

Kloporte

Is it possible to stack snow patch to form a snow block instead of having a snow patch - wait - spawn a snow block ?
    here is what i mean :

[​IMG]

This would be epic ^^

16. Offline

Tster

That is what I am trying to do! :D

17. Offline

Obsidianos

dont work omg fail plugin

18. Offline

jimbo8

Your a fail! L2R wich means learn to read. He have said 1 billion times that it is outdated!

19. Offline

Tster

I hate people like you. I am trying my best to finish the plugin, and the people above have given me ever so much support and even donated. You have came here, told me it doesn't work without any debug information. People like you should simply fuck off.

20. Offline

FlyJ4ck

You fk off Tster. Your working on this plugin for weeks. Your rude and want money from people. Maybe first make plugin work, then wait for some donations from sattisfied people.
    I was counting on you, i wanted to give people on my server real christmas, but your too lazy.
    This plugin was allready working, so you just need to change few things to adjust it to 1.0 and it will work again.
    Fk any updates like snow pilling up into a snow block.
    Just make this one work.
    Why is it still in released plugin, if it worked last time on 1.6 ! FGS!

21. Offline

Tster

And what experience do you have?
    Maybe you have realised for the last month I couldn't find snow. Now finally someone has provided me with a seed so I can actually start programming.

Ok, it is a snowy world, can you provide the co-ords for the falling snow?

22. Offline

FlyJ4ck

Seriously u couldnt find snow for month?
    type minecraft seed in google kid

thats lamest excuse ever

23. Offline

Tster

I'm working on the plugin right now.

EUSTON WE HAVE LIFT OFF! I will release a stable build tomorrow morning, for christmas!

Now fixed up for 1.0 with new download link. Merry Christmas guys, and does anyone know how to change the post's name?

Don't worry guys, I worked out how to change the post's name!

24. Offline

FlyJ4ck

Well it works great, but only on blocks without snow.
    So i mean, in snowbiome where everything is covered allready with thin layer of snow, plugin doesnt work.
    But it works great on grass ect.

25. Offline

Tster

26. Offline

FlyJ4ck

i used world edit :p
    works great :p
    Can you do, that it makes snow also in other biomes? When it rains?

27. Offline

Tster

Just find a plugin to change biomes, thats what I do :D

28. Offline

YoshiGenius

Would I be able to get the source code for this? I'm thinking of furthering this (maybe) on my server... Maybe adding rain to water and adding multi-world support for my server, to make a water fun world... XD where the world will get covered in snow.. :p

29. Offline

Tster

You may de-compile away, but my only condition is that I will get credit and you will not release it as 'yours'. Please mention me in the edited plugin.. And make sure to share the finished source with me :D

30. Offline

FlyJ4ck

i did settings time to 1 :D whole server started drowning in snow ;D
    few people died :D

31. Offline

Tster

Haha, was that intentional?