Inactive [MECH/ADMN] ModDamage - Change damage mechanics on the fly!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by KoryuObihiro, May 20, 2011.

1. Offline

KoryuObihiro

ModDamage
    We've moved to BukkitDev!

2. Offline

KoryuObihiro

:D Hai! Tonsa stuff has changed since you poofed - be sure to check out the new wiki, which will tell you how to use MD 0.9.5+!

I apologize for making you guys wait...college has been crazy, and continues to be. I've stabilized most thing, and renamed PigZombie back to ZombiePigman for compatibility. I hope to at least push another RC today, with the limited time I have this morning - then I can focus on the new features for 0.9.7.

Terra-Network.org likes this.
  3. Sounds good, waiting for it :)

4. Offline

Brvtvs

Yeah, the new stuff is craaazy. I tried to go in there to just increase arrow damage and I was stunned.

5. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Pff, easy.
    Code:
    Damage:
        - 'if attacker.type.player and event.rangedelement.arrow': '2'

6. Offline

Brvtvs

I just started to redo my config, and I like the new system so far, the aliases are very helpful and the syntax seems like something I could get the hang of.

EDIT: I am looking through this stuff, and I am as wet as ever... some of these variables like light level, what block someone is standing on, what they are wielding, coordinates, biome, world time, and possibly my favorite: player count are just insane.

KoryuObihiro likes this.
  7. Offline

KoryuObihiro

ModDamage 0.9.6 RC2 is out for testing - please let me know if anybody finds bugs! There shouldn't be any breaks, so all you need to do as the server owner is move/delete MD 0.9.5 and drop the beta JAR in. The only thing I've got left to do at this point is complete the McMMO routines and generate documentation for everything.

Terra-Network.org likes this.
  8. I will test it today!

@KoryuObihiro

Same versions as last time ^^

RB 1185
    MD 0.9.6b
    PermissionEx 1.14
    Spout 1.0.6

Steps to reproduce:

- Start the Server -> everything fine
    - Login, spawn a creature -> everything fine
    - Hit the Creature (pig) with Diamond Sword -> one hit (it's ok so, cause of dmg)
    - Spam at server-console, saying [first error log]

Code:
    2011-10-03 11:30:54 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to ModDamage
    java.lang.ClassCastException: ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx cannot be cast to com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler
        at com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.ExternalPluginManager$PermissionsManager.getGroups(ExternalPluginManager.java:198)
        at com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.Backend.AttackerEventInfo.<init>(AttackerEventInfo.java:35)
        at com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.ModDamageEntityListener.getDamageEventInfo(ModDamageEntityListener.java:151)
        at com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.ModDamageEntityListener.onEntityDamage(ModDamageEntityListener.java:39)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$61.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:670)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.d(EntityHuman.java:710)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:915)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet7UseEntity.a(SourceFile:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:500)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  9. Offline

KoryuObihiro

D'oh. PermsEx error. **goes to fix his Perms library**

EDIT: Fixed, uploading to Github after class (about three hours)

10. Du you already uploaded the fix?

11. Offline

Nordic42

I'm using PermissionsBukkit but I also use their SuperpermsBridge so that I still can utilize permissions for the old plugins I still run. So, does this plugin stop working, as soon as there is a bridge? Or does that just mean, that permissions won't work when set up via bridge.

12. Offline

KoryuObihiro

That means I don't even look for legacy Perms API anymore, so if you have PermissionsBukkit you should be fine. MD informs you of the plugin dependencies it finds and uses upon complete reload, so just check that if you have any doubts.

I actually had a few silly bugs I also squashed. Sorry, I meant to communicate that... ;_; Cursed college work. As far as I can tell things are operating normally with my current build, so I'll be pushing another RC right now.

Grr. This is why I want to set up a CI server. :p

EDIT: RC3 released. Be sure to test the McMMO conditionals, which I'll have docced and ready to go in a bit. I also changed the load-failure behavior a bit, so if you're interested in testing please see if any errors in config aren't getting caught by /md c and in console.

13. Hmm :(

Code:
    2011-10-05 21:08:19 [SEVERE] [ModDamage] Error: Class "class com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.RoutineObjects.CalculationRoutine" does not have a getNew() method!
    2011-10-05 21:08:19 [INFO] [ModDamage] 0.9.6 RC2 enabled [PermissionsEx v1.14 active]
    2011-10-05 21:08:19 [INFO] [ModDamage] "Quiet" mode active - suppressing noncritical debug messages and warnings.
    2011-10-05 21:08:20 [INFO] [ModDamage] Finished loading configuration.

2011-10-05 21:09:52 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to ModDamage
    java.lang.ClassCastException: ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx cannot be cast to ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager
        at com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.ExternalPluginManager$PermissionsManager.getGroups(ExternalPluginManager.java:194)
        at com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.Backend.AttackerEventInfo.<init>(AttackerEventInfo.java:35)
        at com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.ModDamageEntityListener.getDamageEventInfo(ModDamageEntityListener.java:151)
        at com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.ModDamageEntityListener.onEntityDamage(ModDamageEntityListener.java:39)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$63.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:684)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.d(EntityHuman.java:711)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:916)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
    2011-10-05 21:09:57 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to ModDamage
    java.lang.ClassCastException: ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx cannot be cast to ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager
        at com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.ExternalPluginManager$PermissionsManager.getGroups(ExternalPluginManager.java:194)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$63.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:684)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
    2011-10-05 21:09:57 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DEATH to ModDamage
        at com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.ModDamageEntityListener.onEntityDeath(ModDamageEntityListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$64.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:691)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callEntityDeathEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:288)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.a(EntityLiving.java:545)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.die(EntityLiving.java:528)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.damageEntity(EntityLiving.java:469)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityAnimal.damageEntity(SourceFile:20)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.d(EntityHuman.java:721)
    CB 1240
    Spout 1.0.6 #403
    PEX 1.14

14. Offline

MuttsNuts

Evening. Is permissions 2 still broken? Thats the only thing I'm waiting for now so I create group based interactions
    Thank you. :)

15. Offline

KoryuObihiro

You're still using Perms 2? o_o Err...I currently don't support legacy Perms plugins...wanna PM me about your server setup?

16. Offline

MuttsNuts

May need to change that then :)
    My server currently has to run in a lame way using permissions to create my rpg classes as I've currently not found an RPG class plugin I actually like for a number of reasons. I have a dev that has just joined my team but looking for more to create a dev team to create all the plugins we need then we can be rid of Perms 2 sadly as its been good to me all this time.
    I have 27 different groups used as classes setup in Permissions 2 you see and not many RPG plugins either have this many or they cannot be customised enough. Don't worry yourself on my behalf.
    This has so much potential and I wouldn't have my team create anything similar to it but instead create other small plugins that do many of the things your plugin can do to create rpg class options if you get me? :)
    Anyway thanks for the reply.
    Much appreciated.
    If you are ever looking to join a dev team and know of any others that may be interested visit my WIP forum.

17. Ever tried it with PermissionsEX ?

18. Offline

MuttsNuts

Problem is with all the different permissions systems these days, there is no one standard for permissions and like atm I got over 50 plugins and I know that at least 10 of them dont support PermissionsEX or this permissions or the next but all support Permissions 2 atm but as you suggested it I better had take a look anyway. The past fades away eventually.
    Thanks. :)

19. Oh most of my plugins don't support PEX, but the most support Permissions and PEX supports Permissions, so all of my plugins are supported by PEX :)
    If you're able to, test it!

diannetea and MuttsNuts like this.
  20. Offline

cr0ss

Build 1185 & 1240 (tried both)
    PEX 1.14
    MD - RC3
    Code:
    15:43:53 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to ModDamage
    15:43:53 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DEATH to ModDamage
            at com.KoryuObihiro.bukkit.ModDamage.ModDamageEntityListener.onEntityDeath(ModDamageEntityListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$64.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:691)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callEntityDeathEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:288)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityCow.a(EntityCow.java:65)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.die(EntityLiving.java:528)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.damageEntity(EntityLiving.java:469)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityAnimal.damageEntity(SourceFile:20)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.d(EntityHuman.java:721)

21. Seems to be a problem with the PEX-API he is using, we will work on it!
    I've got the same problems :)

22. Offline

Nordic42

Thanks, I'm currently testing it out. Looks very powerful. :)
    Btw your "Latest download" link seems to be broken.
    I got the last stable version from the arch, but maybe others wont look that far.
    See here:

23. Offline

KoryuObihiro

The pull request has been made and can be found here. :)

EDIT: Pulled! Awesome. You probably want to bug Winsock about releasing it now. :p

Fffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, you're right. **fixes**

EDIT: Done. Thanks for the heads-up. ;_;

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

24. Offline

cr0ss

This is such a great plugin and you have done so much work on it. Thank you Koryu! Hope you get a chance to work on the PEX support soon :)

25. Offline

KoryuObihiro

It's been finished, but I'm also refactoring some stuff - I've deprecated the old comparison routines and the hardcoded $entityeffect.set$property routines in favor of dynamic ones, and I gotta stabilize it.

In short, I'm trying to get stuff done, but IRL is making work on this plugin scarce. RC4 will be coming along soon, I just don't know when.

Also, thanks to @p000ision for actually using the MD IRC - it's the fastest way to get support, if I'm there. If you guys don't want to download an IRC client, just use Mibbit to get ahold of me.

Alright! Squashed a bunch of bugs today (hopefully including the PEX API), and added color support to messages! :D That's all for development today.

In other news, MD's first donation was generously given today by @cr0ss on behalf of his server. Much obliged! Glad that you, among others, could find this plugin useful.

EDIT: Posted link and updated info for RC4. @Terra-Network.org @MuttsNuts

26. Woho great, will test it later :)

27. Offline

MuttsNuts

@KoryuObihiro I had upgraded to PEX but man has it given me a headache so I thank you for this. Shall test it out and let you know how it goes :D

@KoryuObihiro The download link has the RC2 version not RC4 :p

28. Offline

KoryuObihiro

o_0 Oh. Crap. Forgot to change the plugin.yml. I assure you it's RC4, but it just...doesn't say it. :p

29. Offline

MuttsNuts

LOL

@KoryuObihiro So am I correct in understanding you have made it compatible with Permissions 2 or is it compatible with PEX and other permissisons plugins that support Permissions 2? The reason I ask is, when ModDamage loads up it says [ModDamage] 0.9.6 RC2 enabled [Permissions plugin not found] and I occasionally recieve a [SEVERE] [ModDamage] Error! Unhandled death event. Is Bukkit and ModDamage up-to-date?
    Also cannot access any in-game commands, assuming because no permissions plugin has been found.

I have gone back to Permissions 2.7.3 due to PermissionsEx causing terrible lag when players login/logout/die/teleport.

Anyway thanks for all the hard work.

30. Offline

cr0ss

I am running PEX on CB#1240 and the Mod Damage 0.9.6 RC4 works fantastic.

KoryuObihiro likes this.
  31. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Well, I don't mind slapping Perms 2/3 support back in for this release, but...meh. SuperPerms plugins really need to get a move on. :\

MuttsNuts likes this.