[MECH] AcidRain v1.2.7 - Create damaging acid rain [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by escape, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Offline

escape

AcidRain - Create damaging acid rain
    Version: v1.2.7 - Download
    Created by request, AcidRain allows you to set a chance that normal rain could become acid rain. Watch players flee as it burns skin and withers plants!

Features:
    • Adds a chance that rain will become acid rain
    • Damages players when exposed
    • Armor slows the damage based on its strength
    • Multiworld enabled
    • Superperms support
    • Pail support for settings
    • Affects blocks exposed to the rain
      • Grass, Farmland -> Dirt
      • Crops, Tall grass, Flowers -> Dead shrubs
      • Leaves -> Air
    Commands:

• /acidrain (world) (duration)
    Default world is the same as the command sender with a duration of 12000 ticks.

Permissions:
    • acidrain.immune - Player is immune from acid rain damage (Default = false)
    Settings:

Code:
    Chance to dissolve block (0-100): 5         # Percent chance for a particular block to be dissolved
    Acid rain chance (0-100): 25      # Percent chance rain will become acid rain
    Broadcast message text: Acid rain has begun in <world>    #Message broadcast when acid rain starts (<world> will be replaced with the world name; to change color add the code to the end)
    Broadcast message: false         # Broadcasts a message to the world when acid rain begins
    Rain dissolves blocks: true       # True if acid rain will affect exposed blocks
    Acid rain damage: 1       # Damage exposure causes to players
    Damage interval: 1        # The interval (in seconds) between player damage
    Worlds enabled (separate with comma): world   # Worlds in which acid rain is enabled

Settings Interface:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Download:
    Jar
    Github (Bug Reports | Wiki)

TODO:
    • Disrupt redstone current on contact
    • Destroy trees after their leaves are gone
    Changelog:
    Version 1.2.7
    • Pail support for settings
    Version 1.2.6
    • Superperms support
    Version 1.2.5_1
    • Worlds in config are now separated by commas
    Show Spoiler

Version 1.2.5
    • Crops are farmland turn to dead shrubs and dirt, respectively.
    • Some refactoring
    Version 1.2.4
    • Added multiworld support
    • Rewrote config (settings.yml can be deleted)
    • Fixed startup NPE
    Version 1.2.3

• Enabled color support in message
    Version 1.2.2

• Added the ability to customize the broadcast message
    • NOTE: Please delete your config file when updating
    Version 1.2.1

• Leaves and plants are affected by rain
    • Performance tweaks
    Version 1.2

• Added the ability to kill grass.
    Version 1.1

• Added commands
    Version 1.0

• Release

kahlilnc likes this.
  2. Offline

rikell

Hello
    more update?
    £`/@]

3. Offline

elexier909

I set the chance to disslve blocks to 100 and it seems to be very slow.

4. Offline

escape

If by slow you mean lag, there shouldn't be any significant difference based on how high the percentage is. If you mean that it takes blocks a while to dissolve this is because it only goes over 8% of the loaded chunks every minute to dissolve the blocks in them. This is to prevent lag, especially on large servers.

5. Offline

escape

Version 1.2.5
    • Crops are farmland turn to dead shrubs and dirt, respectively.
    • Some refactoring

6. Offline

funstein

Bug : I have a house that is 2 story and fully closed by a roof and walls all round, and I am still getting damage inside. It is made out of wood and it has an open terrace that is accessible by a door. Please fix this, I dunno why but this keeps happening at my house and my house only.

7. Offline

escape

What is the roof made of, and can you see the rain inside? Any errors? Does it happen to everyone inside?

8. Offline

funstein

The roof is fully covered with wood and there is absolutely no rain inside.

9. Offline

escape

@funstein
    I can't seem to reproduce this. I'm not taking any damage underneath a 2-story wood roof. The only thing I can think of is try logging back in.

10. Offline

funstein

If you have logmein hamachi, I'd love to show you what happens.

cos' I really love the plugin and all my players also do, but when it rains I have to sleep over at a friends house, which is really a shame for an admin :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  11. Offline

escape

I don't have logmein but I could take a look if you want to give me the server ip or show me over VNC

12. Offline

TheLimaBeanman

Does this have Permissions (by TheYeti) Support?

13. Offline

escape

No, but in the future I plan on adding permissionsbukkit support. In the meantime you could use a godmode plugin if you don't want to take damage from it.

14. Offline

TheLimaBeanman

Thank you for your Support.

15. Offline

colin8696909

very usefull for maps that replicate the end of the world.

16. "Acid rain is not enabled for this world"
    WTF!?
    My worlds name is "Flache Welt" and in the config i set the worlds name to "Flache Welt" but it wasn working.
    So I tried Flache_Welt and Flache Welt but nothing is working.
    Thats sad

17. Offline

escape

I wasn't accounting for world names with spaces, but I'll put out a fix momentarily.

@Leonard1122334455
    1.2.5_1 should fix your issue

18. Offline

TelephoneKiosk

Whenever it acid rains, after a few minutes people start randomly crashing.

19. Offline

escape

As in they get disconnected from the server? If so, what is the error message they get?

20. Offline

TelephoneKiosk

They get disconnected from the server and it shows a very long EndOfStream error.

21. Offline

escape

Do you have a very large world?

22. Offline

TelephoneKiosk

No, it's only two days old. I also disabled block dissolving so it only causes damage.

23. Offline

escape

I can't think of anything that should be causing lag in that case. I've tested it on a medium sized world running on a low-spec server and didn't have problems. You're sure it only happens when it's raining?

24. Offline

TelephoneKiosk

Yeah, almost everyone would crash at the same time and they would all get the same error. There's no lag when it happens though.

25. Offline

escape

That's strange, I've never seen that. Only other thing you could try is deleting the config and letting it regenerate with the defaults. If you could submit a bug report on github it'll help keep it on my mind.

26. Offline

TelephoneKiosk

I think i got it to work, but could you make a permission to protect from damage done by acidrain?

27. Offline

dbizzzle

It would be great if after the leaves are dissolved completely on a tree, the next time it rains the tree falls over so it is laying on the ground and like 5 rains later it dissapears

28. Offline

escape

Version 1.2.6
    • Added superperms (PermissionsBukkit) support

29. Offline

Asphodan

@escape: AcidRain does not respect godmode.

30. Offline

escape

@Asphodan If the godmode plugin is checking for damage at the same priority as this (normal) it's possible that the rain does the damage after the check so it cannot cancel it. I would advise using the 'acidrain.immune' permission if you don't want to take damage.

31. Offline

Djrowling

Could you make an option so that it is also enabled for snow? In my post-apocalyptic world it only snows for the most part which means i can't use this plugin :(
    Rain = Acid Rain, Snow = Ash