MCStats / PluginMetrics

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by NathanWolf, May 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NathanWolf

It seems like a lot of us use @Hidendra's PluginMetrics lib and the mcstats service. Because it's awesome!

However, as a data nerd, I've been really sad that none of my custom graphs show up. Especially since other plugins' graphs do.

Trolling in #metrics, it seems like this happens to anyone who's tried to create custom graphs recently. Older plugins are somehow "grandfathered in" with functional graphs. (and also get some cool map view)

The API also seems to be in a state of flux- none of the static image links work, either from the web, or via the specific API urls.

I'm not trying to complain here, more just wondering if anyone knows what's up. The mcstats repo hasn't had a commit in 6 months, Hidendra doesn't respond to PR's, PM's or emails. Is this something we could help out with? Is there another point of contact?

I've gone as far as to set up a local mcstats backend to debug the issue (which resulted in a PR for an NPE on metrics submission, though I'm not sure this accounts for the custom graph issues since I don't have the db schema to fully test).

I also set the following page up for myself (anyone is welcome to use or copy it), since I like to be able to check my Rank graph from my phone:

http://mine.elmakers.com/metrics.php?plugin=mythicmobs

Jhtzb and Smerfa like this.
  2. Offline

Bammerbom

NathanWolf It seems like Hidendra is away since I could not contact him too for months. I need to contact him for the ownership of my plugin UltimateCore. Since MCstats is getting ruined because there are no updates I think we need to contact Hidendra on somehow or make a replacement for MCstats

NathanWolf likes this.
  3. Offline

NathanWolf

I think it's an amazing service, it has a huge userbase, it would be a shame to try and replace it.

I really hope if Hidendra has had to abandon the project for some reason, that he'd find a team to replace him. I'm a little shocked if there isn't a team already, at least someone to handle support while he's away.

I'd certainly be willing to help out, if I had the schema (considering reverse engineering from model classes) I think I could do some serious debugging... but at some point somebody official has to be there to at least click "deploy" :)

4. Offline

NathanWolf

Random bump in case anyone's spotted Hidendra .. I hope he/she is, like, ok. Seems weird to just evaporate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.