Web Mcrcon, remote console

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by The__Doct0r, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

The__Doct0r

Hello, Do you need a easy and simple way to control your minecraft server for free? Well I just finished the Public Release of my site MCRCON!

What is MCRCON?
    MCRCON is a free online tool Server Owners or Trusted Admins can Control Console from there Phone,Tablet,Computer, Or Pager.

How to access mcrcon? In any Web Browser (Including Mobile) go to http://mcrcon.com .

How do I know MCRCON really works??
    Well you can try the demo: http://mcrcon.com/demo
    (The demo has very limited use but its great to see if it actually works)!

What can MCRCON do?
    Well Everything that Console can do.

Check out what it looks like to control your server.

How do I setup MCRCON?
    Step one: Don't Download ANYTHING . Its built into all minecraft servers from 1.5+

Acctual Steps:
    1. Determine the location of your Minecraft server folder. you should be able to locate your minecraft_server.jar (craftbukkit.jar , spigot.jar ). If you don't the server folder yet you can download it here: Vanilla , Craftbukkit , Spigot
    2. In your Minecraft server directory. there should be a file called "server.properties". This is the file we'll be editing - So if it doesn't exist, make sure you've started your Minecraft server at least once. Make sure to stop your server before continuing as well.
    3. Edit "server.properties" with the editor of your choice. If you are on Windows MCRCON recommends NotePad++, MAC: Brackets.
    4. Find the line where the property "enable-rcon" is set. If it doesn't exist, create it. Make sure it is set to "true": "enable-rcon=true".
    5. Set a property called "rcon.password" to the password of your choice, for example "rcon.password=AwesomePassword".
    6. Set a property called "rcon.port" to a port number you wish to use. The default port is 25575, so you should use this if you're unsure, for example "rcon.port=25575". Make sure that this port is open on your firewall, either for all applications or at least the Minecraft server. How to open a Port.
    7. Stat your Minecraft server, and look for the lines "Starting remote control listener" and "RCON running on 0.0.0.0:25575" - These determine that RCON is working and running.

Questions???
    Concerns???
    Ask below.. Please Please ASK below . I had alot of Fun making this and id love to see people use it!

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@The__Doct0r What will the logging in provide? How secure is it?

3. Offline

The__Doct0r

It uses SHA-512 Encryption for passwords and when it Requires a Password to Login into your Server it saves it to Local Data on your browser Not MCRCON.

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Then why do we need to register? As it saves it locally anyways.

5. Offline

The__Doct0r

I was going to make a Feature where you can just type in a Server Address, RCON port and Password , and your in but after testing it for a while. People I talked to said they didn't like having to remember there port and IP. so I made it Save the IP + Port and the password gets saved for 1 hour in your browser. Also i completely forgot the LOG from the Console can't be saved locally because of how much data comes in so I have to save it to a Database which requires a Account...

I Can remake the feature if I get enough people saying they would like it.

Once i hit 50 Users I will also be adding a SSL Certificate

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  6. Offline

tcwolf12

@The__Doct0r Is there a way you could add a no account version for at least I trial? I'd like to see if it would work or not as some of the r-con settings disappeared when I updated my server to 1.9.

7. Offline

The__Doct0r

It 100% works with 1.9 still . If you want to test it out I recommend you make a account it's free . Once I hit 50 users I will make a way to RCON connect through a url maybe like a Connection API.???

So 2 people asked for a DEMO so i just finished a REALLY simple ( Not all features i made included) Demo... http://mcrcon.com/demo

{{Merged by moderator: Please use the Edit button next time}}

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  8. Offline

tcwolf12

Thanks for that demo.

9. The url doesnt work..

10. Offline

Fleynaro

the demo video is not working... i would see it

11. Offline

r0bis

Hi, I installed mcrcon and it connects just fine, but in the terminal I have some sort of encoding problem. My terminal is set to use UTF-8 (gnome 3/arch linux), but up-arrow gives instead of command history output you can see on the bottom line and ? gives this output with strange characters. Could you help with this please?

�--------- �Help: Index (1/23) �--------------------
    �Use /help [n] to get page n of help.
    �Aliases: �Lists command aliases
    �Bukkit: �All commands for Bukkit
    �Essentials: �All commands for Essentials
    �EssentialsSpawn: �All commands for EssentialsSpawn
    �Minecraft: �All commands for Minecraft
    �/achievement: �A Mojang provided command.
    �/afk: �Marks you as away-from-keyboard.
    �/antioch: �A little surprise for operators.
    > ^[[A

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  12. Offline

kamill0202

What if i have 4 servers on same ip? on different ports? With the rcon i can only connect to one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.