mcMMO Permissions Not Working

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by gameswereus, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

gameswereus

Hello,

I need help with my mcMMO configuration.

My users have access to every skill and ability, despite not giving them permissions. As of now I give them permission to use woodcutting and mining skills and abilities. They still have access to the rest of the skills and abilities as well.

I am certain I have my permissions correct. I ran it through this. Also I my users are not OP or have permissions that would give them the skills.
    I use bPermissions. I am running craftbukkit 1597 I believe, I tried it on the bukkit recommended built as well. I don't have any start up errors, and the plugin works perfectly other then the permissions not working.

Please help me :) Thanks!

2. Offline

gameswereus

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

3. Offline

Phinary

I have had this issue with bPermissions and a few other plugins. I dont know whether its bPermissions' fault or mcMMO, but anyway...

The way to solve this was a simple fix for me.

Add the permission node - ^mcmmo.* to your default group.
    This will remove all mcmmo permissions from the default group.

Now after you do that, you can just assign the permissions normally. Not a wonderful fix, but it works.

4. Offline

gameswereus

Very smart! Thank you so much! If you ever need anything I am in your debt!

5. Offline

Slipswhitley

I have the exact same problem and it has made me so frustrated and stressed since i spent hours developing a way to buy mcmmo permissions to find that mcmmo permissions dont work :mad: im using group manager but ^mcmmo.* doesnt work for me can someone please help me

6. Offline

mindless728

my guess is that the mcmmo plugin's plugin.yml file has default permissions for people so that everyone can use each skill

7. Offline

FastArk

Hey so im having the same issue but im using Permissionsex. I then went onto my other server which is using groupmanager and its having the same issue. That node you gave the other player doesnt work for me. In fact if gives them all the permissions. Do you have any other suggestions on what to do?

8. Offline

Phinary

Try giving them "-mcmmo.*"

9. Offline

FastArk

Yes iv done that. Giving them that node gives them all the commands. I fixed the problem that was giving them all the perms but they still have access to skills and abilities. '- ^mcmmo.*' just gives them all the abilities also. So I'm not really sure what to do here.

10. Offline

Switch0r

Are you sure because it worked on my server with groupmanager.
    Try this for every group node then:

- -mcmmo.*
    - -mcmmo.skills.*
    - -mcmmo.ability.*

Lolpin likes this.
  11. Offline

Lolpin

Switch0r, thanks alot for the help, I tried everything else but it didn't work. I tried your nodes and they worked instantly after the reload.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.