MCBlock.it - 3 Days and counting!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by captainnana, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

captainnana

[​IMG]

For those of you that don't already know mcblock.it is a new network banning solution that will allow server owners to protect their servers from attacks by allowing them to issue global bans that affect the player's reputation this allows them to share these bans with fellow server owners. We will be aiming to make a fair system for both servers and players with as much transparency as we can give without compromising confidentiality, security or integrity. Come and have a look so you can see what it is all about now at: https://mcblock.it/

We allow players to protest against their bans and servers to show proof to our admins to justify the ban, if the server fails to provide sufficient proof the ban will not be held against the player, ensuring that no player is unfairly banned from a server. Each time a player gets a global ban they will lose reputation if a player reaches 0% rep they will be banned from the system until that ban degrades enough for them to rejoin. However, a server can opt out of this system and use as little or as much of our system as they want, for example a server could opt out of the reputation system and only take notice of bans from selected servers via the network system* If a server wins a protest the server will win reputation, this will be shown as a value of 0-2 if a server gets to 0 reputation they will lose the ability to global ban, this will ensure that players will not be unfairly banned, servers can gain reputation when they win protests, however bans are worth the same regardless of the servers reputation, they will just take longer to degrade on a higher rep server. When a ban has degraded to 0 the player will have the same reputation as before the ban, but the ban will still show to admins of other servers, the player will not be able to join the server they were banned from.

On the 25th of May 2012 we will be releasing mcblock.it to the public! One day before that the server registrations will open to the public, this will allow all you server owners to get everything setup before the release!

We would also like to stress that despite being a public release the setup will not be 100% bug free so I would like to take this opportunity to introduce to our support desk where you can report bugs or issues you have with the system and one of our staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

Support desk: http://desk.mcblock.it/

*Not implemented in the initial release but will be added soon!

B3NW, KaitouKite and gaz492 like this.
  2. Offline

Sayshal

Can I post my complaints/thoughts here?

Ads in inconvenient placed, on the side and bottom especially. This makes my eyes sore, and is sort of malicious for people who use the scrolling effects to scroll down.

Where'd you get that counter..? I WANT THAT COUNTER!

3. Offline

captainnana

Sure go for it!

4. Offline

B3NW

Good work, site looks well designed and you've taken a different approach to mcbans(especially this) and mcbouncer(less so this).

Looking forward to seeing the final product :)

KaitouKite likes this.
  5. Offline

captainnana

Thoughts taken on board and passed to the design team! The ads at the side are a good point, I think that will be changed, the one at the bottom will not normally be that close to the top its just because there isnt any content on that page :) (I have no idea where they got the counter from)

Thanks for the support!

B3NW and KaitouKite like this.
  6. Offline

B3NW

https://mcblock.it/js/jquery.lwtCountdown-1.0.js

KaitouKite likes this.
  7. Offline

chaseoes

8. Offline

KaitouKite

Hey! Thanks for the feedback. I've updated the site accordingly from the above picture (and with any luck fixed the AdBlock notice).

As for the logo, as far as I'm aware that is the correct logo for the header bar, but I can ask the graphics artist to take a look and see what he can do to try and reduce the stretched look!

gaz492 likes this.
  9. Offline

TTSDA

Yay, mcblock.it is now up and running!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.