Massive CPU usage, fighting for TPS

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Pr4w, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Pr4w

Hey,

I've been trying all sorts of things the last two days, but can't seem to get any decent result, and am running out of ideas on what could be causing my issues. I never had these problems pre-1.3.1.

With currently 8 users online, I'm running at ~120% CPU, and it goes up to 160~460% when we reach around 20 players online. I have no idea what is causing this, and it is causing TPS to go as low as 8, making the game not so enjoyable at all. Which plugin/what could be causing this ? (Running CB1.3.1 R1)

Plugins:
    Code:
    AlphaChest v1.13.0,
    BorderGuard v4.31,
    ChatManager v1.19,
    Citizens v1.2.1,
    CommandBook v2.2-SNAPSHOT,
    CommandHelper v817-7c8e34a,
    CompatNoCheatPlus v5.1.0,
    ConsoleFilter v1.1.0,
    DAC v2.0.0.beta3,
    DisguiseCraft v3.2,
    DragonTravel v1.5.3,
    dynmap v0.70.1-1276,
    EndlessEnchant v1.0,
    FailAnnounce v1.0,
    FirstJoinPlus v1.4.2,
    FleetingDisguises v0.3,
    FoundDiamonds v3.5.2,
    HatMe v2.0.0,
    HawkEye v1.0.7b,
    HeroSpawn v2.0,
    HowManyUsage v1.0,
    iConomy v5.01,
    iGates v0.5,
    JSONAPI v3.9.9,
    LagMeter v1.9.0,
    Lockette v1.7.4,
    MCDocs v14.1,
    mcMMO v1.3.11-b1030,
    MobDisguisePVPControl v0.4,
    Modifyworld v1.19,
    MultiInv v3.1.0,
    Multiverse-Core v2.5-b563, (5 worlds loaded. Main world on Ramdisk)
    NoCheatPlus v3.7-b20,
    NoFarm v0.4.1,
    NoVoidDamage v0.1.0,
    OKLogger v1.1.6,
    OpenInv v1.8.7,
    Permissions v2.7.7,
    PermissionsEx v1.19.1,
    PluginsBaker v0.3,
    PlugMan v1.7.2,
    ProperTime v2.2,
    ShowCaseStandalone v1.16,
    SignColours v1.3,
    SimpleFly v1.4.5,
    Skript v1.4.2,
    Vault v1.2.17-b224,
    WeatherRestrictions v2.6.2,
    WorldEdit v1208-fe445a7,
    WorldGuard v637-684214f,
    XBP v1.8.0,
    ZavAutoMessager v1.8.4

Since I tried so many different java flags and none of them actually improved the situation, I'm launching Minecraft with the most basic setup possible :
    Code:
    # screen -dmS minecraft java -server -Xmx6G -Xms2G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=3 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    screen -dmS minecraft java -jar -server -Xmx6G -Xms3G craftbukkit.jar nogui
    Could JSONAPI be a problem ? My site calls the API loads of times for many different things.

Any ideas ? Help would be really appreciated, I'm starting to go mad with this...

Mark

2. Offline

McLuke500

:confused: over 100 cpu?

3. Offline

Pr4w

[​IMG]

100% is one core :)

4. Offline

McLuke500

oh ;( my computer sucks

5. Offline

Kalas2626

he misstated that.100% would be both cores at 100% 1 core at 100% and the other at 0 would be 50%.UNLESS its a duel/quad core machine the has more then 1 "physical" core

6. Offline

bastion

Hello, first on a linux machine cores are shown as 100% per core so if you have 4 cores your machine can run to 400%. so 117% is the combined percentage of all the cores so if you have 4 they would be averaging just less than 30% each.

second, dynmap uses massive amounts of processing when rendering so depending on what is going on with your map and the way you have dynmap set up you could be running 150 to 200% quite easily if dynmap is active. you also have not updated your plugins to the latest versions, dynmap is currently at 70.2. you are also running 2 different permission plugins permissions 2.7.7 and pex remove permissions 2.7.7 it is outdated not supported and hasn't worked for quite sometime. Update pex and modifyworld to 1.19.3

third, a good number of your versions have updates available, nocheatplus is at build 30 which has some performance changes. update all the plugins you have.

hawkeye uses threads to write data to mysql, and is no longer supported it has not been updated since 1.1, so if you are running 1.3.1 it could be causing you some trouble, try switching to logblock 1.58 it is up to date for 1.3.1.

The best thing you could do for your server is to remove all your plugins and see where the cpu usage is, then add the neccessary plugins back in one at a time until you find the ones that start using your cpu. I have had trouble in the past with maps being corrupted and causing cpu usage, so it may not be your plugins at all it could be your world file.

Update your java to 7.05 and use the following start up if you would like:

java -server -Xmx2G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui

but only use this if you have updated to java 7. I have personally found this to do quite well with keeping my memory usage low. it really has nothing to do with cpu usage though. I only allocate 2gb's of ram for my machine but if you have more and want to allow it to be used, just change the xmx number to whatever you want to allocate.

7. Offline

Pr4w

Okay, I removed Dynmap, I'll see how that goes. As for Permissions, I'll remove it, but I think it came as part of the PermissionsEx package. (Which I just updated also.

Yeah I actually updated it as soon as I posted this, along with most plugins (except Pex).

Yeah... I was assuming the dev would update it. If there's an importer for logblock I'll have a look at converting.

I'll try, but I have quite a few players on it at whole different times, and I never am the one to feel the lag, I also get notified by players about it, so I can't judge that much. :/
    How would I know if I had a problem with my world-map ? Doesn't seem to be any corrupt chunks, looking on the Dynmap there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.

I'm running 7.0, I'll update, and I'll try, we'll see how it goes. :)

Thanks a lot for the reply mate, I'll keep you posted on how this goes ! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.