Map is getting corrupted...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Shining_KoW210, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Shining_KoW210

Hey we're running a Bukkit 617 and for some reason the map keeps getting currupted and it's filling the log file with these errors.

The log is filled with this, and eventually the map is unplayable because none of the chunks load.

Here is the plugin list.

AntiGrief

BordorGuard Lite (Square)

CommandBook

FakeMessage

Permissions

GroupManager

Help

HeroicDeath

iChat

iConomy

Lockette

LWC

mcMMO

Minecart Mania Core

Multiverse

MyHome

MyWarp

NoCheat

WorldEdit

WorldGuard

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  2. Offline

AgentKid

3. Offline

Shining_KoW210

I will try this and post back, thanks.

4. Offline

bastion

you might want to pick either permissions or group manager, they don't really work well with each other. if your map keeps getting corrupted, you should disable the map plugins you are running, like borderguard, world guard, no cheat, and anti grief, then add them back in until you find the culprit, more than likely it is one of your plugins.

5. Offline

Shining_KoW210

Oh I didn't even realize that, I thought I had deleted Permissions...

For some reason in game when you do /plugins it says that it has Permissions even though Permissions isn't even in the plugin folder or any where on the server.

6. Offline

bastion

it may be fake permissions from groupmanager which is needed to run group manager so check the actual names in your plugin folder.

7. Offline

TuRmoiLxx

Try backing up your world once in a while. I do that every 3-4 hours just to make sure.

8. Offline

bastion

I back my worlds up every 15 minutes and then keep an hourly zip copy for 3 days.

9. Offline

Shining_KoW210

We back up the map every 12 hours, mainly because it's huge, right now it's over 1GB.

10. Offline

bastion

so is the error still showing up? we got off on backups, my maps are between 450 mb and 6 mb but I run them all on ram disk which is one reason i back up every 15mins, but enough about that.

I am assuming you have run chunkster on your map to fix the problems and then it gets corrupted again?

11. Offline

Shining_KoW210

I just ran it through Chunkster and so far there are no more chunk errors. Thank you so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.