Making the beacon effect

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Jnorr44, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jnorr44

I was wondering if there is any way to trick the client into making the beacon effect visible to the player. If so, does anyone know how to do this? It would be greatly appreciated not only by me, but probably by the entire Bukkit community.

2. Offline

DarkBladee12

3. The only possible way as far as I'm aware is to send block updates of a beacon block and the pyramid of blocks under it somewhere, otherwise it can't be done I think, as the beacon beam is attatched to the block and will only shine when the block is on top of at least 9 iron/diamond/gold ect. blocks.

4. Offline

Jnorr44

DarkBladee12 Thanks, but I was looking for the actual effect, not the potion effects.
    Tdarnell I believe there is a boolean in the NMS tile entity that allows you to activate the beacon without the blocks. I would be fine with placing just the one block and activating it.

5. If that's possible I haven't seen it anywhere then, must have missed it :p either way you have to send a block update to the player, there's no way to do it without having a beacon somewhere that has transparent blocks above it. I would be interested to see if potion effects could be sent from a beacon without the pyramid below it though. (not that it is really needed since we can set player potion effects :p)

6. Nope it's like Tdarnell said...All client sided...

7. Offline

Jnorr44

I understand everything is client side, however, prettyscarylib is able to activate/deactivate a beacon using the boolean "d" in TileEntityBeacon.

8. Do you have a link to that file/source? I know I saw a lib once that claimed it could achieve this....

9. Offline

Jnorr44

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.