Make console send a command as a player

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by flyingtacoz, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

flyingtacoz

Hello, What I am trying to do is give users worldguard abilities without them having perms.
    So if someone on my server typed a command, I want the console to send a command as a player and it will add a member to their worldguard region. But it isn't working correctly, can anyone give me some more information/help on this? Thanks.
    Code:
              Bukkit.getServer().dispatchCommand(Bukkit.getServer().getConsoleSender(), "region addmember " + blahblahblah

2. Offline

Major_Derp

flyingtacoz
    Try this, its slightly different than your code, havnt tested if it works, but it should:
    Code:
    Bukkit.getServer().dispatchCommand(player.getServer().getConsoleSender(), "region addmember " + blahblahblah
    and the player would be:
    sender.getName();
    and so on.
    And zXCaKeXz
    I think all that would do is output /builtcommand, where built command is the variable.

3. Offline

zXCaKeXz

OH i thought you wanted the player to do a command with a console command :l

4. Offline

flyingtacoz

It says "a player is expected" when it sends.

5. Offline

fireblast709

Then fill in a playername as parameter

6. Offline

flyingtacoz

I don't want only one specific person to be able to do it.

7. Offline

fireblast709

I mean as "blahblahblah"

8. Offline

dark navi

He means that the command is working, you're just using the command incorrectly.

9. Offline

flyingtacoz

Oh I did that, I think this part is not working correctly: "player.getServer().getConsoleSender()"

10. Offline

fireblast709

might be that it is a player-only command

11. Offline

flyingtacoz

Oh.. right. I guess the only way to do this, is op the person, send the command, then deop. However this could probably be easily exploited. Do you happen to know another way to do this?

12. Offline

fireblast709

not really

13. Offline

nugycal

Try adding the permission node, then taking it away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.