Suggestion Make an app for the forums

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by FisheyLP, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That would be cool because the normal forums on the phone browser are very hard to use
    Or a mobile version of this site

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    ChipDev likes this.
  2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to forum feedback

3. @FisheyLP You could use the TapaTalk api.

4. Offline

MrAwellstein

There's no point in making an app. From my understand Bukkit is dead, and it's only a matter of time until the forums are too.

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Everything dies some day, the question is whether it is worth the effort to make something for it. And if not: you had practice.

6. Offline

MrAwellstein

Not everything dies, if it is passed onto a successor(s).

7. Offline

Infuzion

@MrAwellstein
    And this cycle will continue until the successor's don't have their own successors.

jthort likes this.
  8. Offline

teej107

I don't think an app is necessary. I think an actual mobile version (not the XFStop theme) would be better. I haven't used XenForo, but it seems to me that XenForo can let you easily create a mobile version. I don't know why Curse hasn't done this yet. I would be happy to hear why.

FisheyLP likes this.
  9. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@teej107, the fact that there isn't a mobile version has confused me since the beginning. While the site does work fine on android, trying to view it on a mobile Apple device is a living hell. Every time you type something the text box it becomes deselected due ads reloading. It does show android's supremacy though.

ChipDev likes this.
  10. Offline

Bobcat00

Bukkit as a Minecraft server implementation is not dead, it is alive and well. But Bukkit as a site (including these forums) is dying.

Right now, these forums have 18 members online. The Spigot forums have 176 members online. If this site wants to remain relevant, they need to step up and embrace the New CraftBukkit and add new features to the forums, etc.

11. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

As of yesterday it seems, bukkit forums are now compatible with tapatalk. Curse gets it.

EDIT: Can't find the official site.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  12. Offline

mrCookieSlime

It has always been...
    It was just disabled for a few days and just reenabled 10 minutes ago.

13. Its cool that it supports TapaTalk but how do I add the bukkit forums to it? Just installed..

14. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@FisheyLP, I'm trying to figure it out myself. The UI of this app sucks...

15. Offline

quakemaster1209

only thing i see with the mobile app version of forums is the availability depending on network ip.
    ive accessed these forums from a few libraries and been denied access because the ip address for the library has been banned on these forums.

16. Offline

Konovalev

This. There is no purpose in using this forum anymore, hasn't been for some time now. I don't know what hope the people who run the site are clinging to, but I'll have what they're drinking :D

17. Offline

MrAwellstein

An app might be good for people who want to make it a plugin for Xenforo. Although Xenforo as a forum software, however good it may be, is closed sourced and cost a lot so there is a low possibility for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.