Major problem with server

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by djnegative, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

djnegative

Hi, I am looking for a plugin that will allow me to create a server that minecraft will connect to while logging in to minecraft, The reason i ask is, I am trying to setup a minecraft server on a locked down network, i struggle to download emails, minecraft is not an option, my aim is that we can play minecraft on a ad-hoc server which wont connect to the internet, but people need to be able to come in and sit down at the computer and be able to play straight away, the minecraft will not connect to the minecraft server to authenticate the accounts, what i am trying to do is work out a way around minecraft connecting to off site servers, anyway anyone could create a plugin that reroutes the minecraft server authentication to a local server, allowing people to join the local server, this should also stop people connection to external servers which is another issue we have, an is the reason we cant just uncap the internet, any suggestion would be great, i personally use macs to run the client side but server side can be ran on mac or windows (mac would be preferred). Thanks.

2. Offline

Freelix2000

djnegative
    That was by far the largest run-on sentence I have ever seen.

MnMaxon and ZyphiorMC like this.
  3. Offline

ZyphiorMC

This is not even possible... Your computer can not communicate with a computer on another IP without an internet connection. You can host your own server off your computer, but no one else will be able to connect to it unless it is has been port forwarded, or are running hamachi.

4. Offline

Freelix2000

djnegative
    Anyways, I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're trying to ask for, but if you just want players to not have to connect to Minecraft authentication servers when joining, just set "online-mode:" in server.properties to 'false'. The downside to that is it has less security and anyone with a cracked client can log in as anyone.

5. Offline

djnegative

The aim is to have a small amount of computers, all connected to a hub, which will not connect to the external internet. I want the server to allow people to join locally not externally from that router,with the router only being used as a local host and not connected to the outside internet, i need to be able to get minecaft to work and run over an ad-hoc,

6. Offline

eyamaz

Unfortunately, this involves using an offline mode server tmk. Something we don't support/condone, even if its "not connected externally." This thread is now locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.