Mac OS X and Bukkit Instructions

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Astrognome, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Astrognome

I noticed that people are having trouble on OS X. I made a shell script that automatically downloads the latest version of Bukkit, and runs it with one gb of ram. Now you don't have to manually update it every day. To get your server running, do these steps:

Step One: Open TextEdit/Textwrangler (TextEdit, go to Format<Make plain text)

Step Two: Paste in the following code:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    cd "`dirname "$0"`"
    curl -O http://artifacts.lukegb.com/artifactory/plugins-snapshot/org/bukkit/craftbukkit/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    mv craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar craftbukkit.jar
    java -Xmx1G -Xms1G -jar craftbukkit.jar
    and save it as Server.command

Step 3: Go to Terminal

Step 4: type "chmod +x" (no quotes) and then drag the command script into terminal to get the path. It'll look like this

Code:
    chmod +X '/Users/FakeName/Desktop/MinecraftServer/Server.command'
    Step 5: Press enter

Step 6: Run the shell script. It download the latest version of bukkit, and start running it.

Wait for it to finish generating the world and stuff.

FOR PORTFORWARDING: I would recommend the autoportforward plugin. It can be found <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Hope this helped! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Offline

TheSwig

I tried this and it did download the newest version of craftbukkit and started up the server just fine but I am still getting the same error that as soon as i type even / ingame the server stops. Must be something else...

also there is really no reason for the mv craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar craftbukkit.jar

why not just change
    java -Xmx1G -Xms1G -jar craftbukkit.jar to java -Xmx1G -Xms1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

?

3. Offline

Astrognome

the mv command is just so that you can keep a really long filename out. I always hated long filenames.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.