Looking for plugin that offers commands in exchange for items

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by pookshuman, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Offline

pookshuman

Hello :)

I am looking for a plugin that will charge people items for using certain permissions. For instance, if someone wants to teleport or use the /back command, it would cost 3 diamonds (or any item) to use it. It would be nice if I could configure any permission and any item as a cost.

Does anyone know if there are any plugins that already do this?

Thanks a lot for any info

2. I think it's possible... want but are you talking about essentials /back? if yes you have the cost feature on essentials that charges the user per command

3. Offline

youngbawss22

He's asking for a plugin that takes items (not currency) when you use commands.

4. yes, but why items? xD, when i have a little free time i'll try to do this.

5. Offline

william9518

easy to make. which commands would you like me to charge items? i will make config on what it charges, don't worry

6. Offline

youngbawss22

I'm guessing he wants it to link to the essentials commands, like /home, /warp etc.

7. Offline

william9518

hmm.... but if i do that, i would be copyrighting essentials, or if i did just if(cmd.getName().equalsIgnoreCase("warp")) it would override the essentials........ let me think bout it

8. Offline

youngbawss22

The OP should just submit a ticket to essentials, if this is what he is looking for.

9. Offline

william9518

:D:D anyway, got a way to make snowballs/any entity explode on contact? i need it for my GunsPlugin

10. Offline

jacklin213

William u need to use the precommandprocess event (I might have spelt it wrong) but its somewhere along theses lines , u can check the javadocs

11. Offline

pookshuman

William, sorry, had to deal with real life for a few days. I kind of figured there would already be a plugin made for this, but it would be awesome if you could put together a plugin to do it. If possible, I would like it so I can configure it to charge any item for any command. So in a config file I could define "/somecommand = 3 ironingots" or "/anothercommand = 5 diamonds" Does this make sense? Please let me know if this is something you can help with :)

@youngbaws, I did try speaking to the essentials folks and they didn't show any interest

12. Offline

PogoStick29

William, you would use a PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent that would cancel the event (command) if there isn't enough of the item.

13. Offline

LexLaiden

Use VariableTriggers plugin and the new update I am about to upload will give the needed inventory manipulation.

14. Offline

pookshuman

This appears to be a pretty complex plugin and it would take me a long time to figure out. Can you tell me what I would do to get this to work with what I want? I really don't know where to start.

Also, I am not sure what you mean about the "update I am about to upload." I got version 1.2.0 which is the latest build posted.

Thank you

15. Offline

LexLaiden