Looking for coders for server

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by msw1, May 9, 2011.

1. Offline

msw1

Okay, this may be in the wrong section, but I am posting here because this is my best guess.

We need bukkit coders! If any bukkit coder would like to join us, it would be great! If anyone is interested in playing this server and can try to bukkit code, that would be great!

tl;dr my server would like a WizardCraft coding team to join.

still tl;dr Server. Need. Coders. Please.

Because my server is based around magic and there isn't much interesting stuff out here besides left clicking with a stick and going to a spot or shooting a fireball or placing a block etc. Not that that stuff is bad, just that its not very original. If anyone will please join WizardCraft coding, please go Here

Also please post here to keep the thread alive, if you want to join WizardCraft coding, of course.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  2. Offline

msw1

No one wants to join :(.

3. Offline

mindless728

well, there are 2 things that would keep me from doing this
    1) my life is insanely busy ATM and for the next few weeks (through finals)
    2) coding closed plugins is not exactly what i want to do

as for 1, a few weeks of time is all i would need, as for 2 i would be willing to compromise and say there is a 2-4 week period before plugin release so that your server would have something special at least for a while

4. Offline

msw1

Um, I have 1 idea that would suck for all other servers really, but be good with my plugin setup.
    The rest are just small tweaks of plugins to fit the server, like making mcMMO's making Vampires bleed make them lose blood, or a vampire spell that makes you flameproof.

5. Offline

mindless728

well editing a plugin like that shouldn't be too hard, it just seems like it is disrespectful to do so in that way

though on to spells, i do have some thoughts on that which would make it more modular, so making new spells and removing old ones would be very easy. Oooh another thought, maybe release the Spell API and base plugin but keep all of the spells for your server?

6. Offline

msw1

Thats a very very good idea. Good for the community and we get some specialty. Very good idea indeed.

Also, I don't think its against the rules to edit a plugin, but distributing it I think is, another reason I chose for this to be private.

7. Offline

mindless728

thats what i was thinking, i am working on the API right now, it might also have to use one of my plugins for storing information (BlockStorage)

as for editing the plugin, depends on the license and if the author doesn't have one then technically it is fair game, though if he made it event driven so any plugin could catch the events then you wouldn't need to edit it, might be a good thing to look into (the author may already be doing this, but idk as i haven't looked into it)

8. Offline

wizjany

Just wondering - why the exclusivity?

9. Offline

mindless728

wants his server to be unique, which may not be such a horrible thing

10. Offline

msw1

I have seen other servers with their own plugins that no one else has and it really makes the server fun. It really makes the server feel special and not just an average server. BTW I'll test any plugin of yours on my server for server/you need testers.

11. Offline

mindless728

i have seen servers with their own private plugins, mine used to be like that when i was an hMod programmer, and i want to start a new server with some private plugins, have another dev working with me on this and we are going to be working together to create the Spell API

well anything i code i tend to test in my test servers until they are ready to be released to the public (i have 2-5 at any one time to test various plugins/combinations on)

though if you want to test out one i would take a look at RealFluids (link in my sig), though i recommend that you don't put this is an open server to use as it is a WIP

12. Offline

msw1

Sorry, don't get the ram/cpu speed/computers to test out a plugin that could potentially screw some things up. Sorry. I have one big server with lots of people and with big servers come many a griefers, so a water bucket ruining my world just isn't my taste. No offense, sorry.

13. Offline

mindless728

kind of threw it in there jokingly i have a few people testing it already (anymore than a few and it becomes a hassle)

14. Offline

msw1

Oh, okay.

15. Offline

msw1

Okay, can now go public.