Looking for a decent graphics designer to help out with skill icons for an upcoming plugin!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by DrBowe, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DrBowe

Title pretty much says it all. The project itself is rather hush-hush at the moment, but I can assure you that I know what I'm doing.

As for details, I'm looking for someone who can tag along with me and help with any further graphics designing that I may need for skill icons. This plugin is going to be a rather large RPG-featured idea that follows the same basic paths of Guild Wars.

I'm planning on having quite a lot of skills, and it would be ideal (for the betterment of the plugin) if I had someone to whip up some pretty little icons for them. Of course, this plugin will require Spout/SpoutCraft, and it is my goal to prove with this plugin just how amazing Spout really is.

As for progress, I have a lot of internal framework done, and the HUD is looking 'decent' right now. You are not joining a project that is bound to die, but rather one that is quite on track in terms of schedule. While I'm willing to compensate for assistance, ideally you'd be doing this just to be a part of a neat plugin-making experience. Sadly I know not everyone is driven on 'doing things for fun/practice' as I am. ;)

I'll leave you with a WIP shot of the HUD (Yes, this works in game and the Health/Mana update accordingly)
    [​IMG]

Anyways, thanks for reading this. If you're willing to help out, just post any sort of creative message below to apply. Any visible representations of stuff you've done would be neat as well.

2. Offline

TheFieldZy

Good luck with this. I am terrible at graphics design, so I can't help you out though. :)

3. Offline

DrBowe

@TheFieldZy
    Thanks! For the time being, I've been using skill icons from Guild Wars (the game I'm basing this plugin off of), but I'm still waiting for a response from its makers dictating whether I can use the icons themselves.

Really, the HUD layout isn't perfect either. So it'd be nice if anyone wanted to devise a new layout for that as well. I had something in mind, but lack the artistic abilities to accomplish it. Hence this thread :p

4. Offline

user_43347

I could help you out, I could create the icons, layout, whatever you need. Just PM me. I'll have a "possible" design here in a minute or two.

Excuse the rough quality, it was made in haste.
    [​IMG]

5. Offline

DrBowe

@steaks4uce
    While I like the 'HD version' you provided, I've actually been thinking of redesigning the HUD entirely.
    Do you happen to have a Skype that I can reach you with? It'd make communication much easier.

6. Offline

user_43347

I agree, it was just to show you an example of what I can do in a few minutes. PM'ed.

7. Offline

Torrent

Just a small suggestion: If you're re-designing it, don't make it take up a lot of the screen. I was instantly put off of this plugin because the Health / Mana graphic was waaaaay too big and obscuring.

8. Offline

DrBowe

That's my full intent with the redesign. It's very 'in your face', and I have a much different plan that should make it less invasive. It's hard to achieve something that's stylistic without getting in the way of the traditional MC feel, so I'm working on finding a way around that.

Torrent likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.