Looking for a broadcast plugin

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by harakiwi, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

harakiwi

Hi bukkit users!

As the admin of my server i wish myself a plugin that indentify the lag issues.
    Most of the lag on my server is produced by chunk generation, because it's a new map / 1.0.0 seed with all new features.
    After that chunk gen. lags is the dynmap, because i use the HD version.
    Both together = "can't keep up" message spam until everything is rendered propperly.

Is there a plugin that tells in the serverwide chat that the server can't keep up?
    I played on the old hey= server mods and with OP rights i saw that messages.
    It's a lot of spam, i know, but it i think if the server tells my users it lags they stop leaving and only thing i hear is "stupid server lags again, cu bbb"
    Some kind of messages like
    "It lags because player "MadMike" "OrangeCow" and "TangoBravo" exploring the world."
    would be cool so anybody else know WHY the server lags and they know exploring needs ahrdware power, but after the chunks are generated and the map is rendered it stops lagging

Would be cool to hear your ideas or plugins, i triple checked the plugins via search and google but i found only broadcast stuff with our the needed features!

still crafting and building
    your harakiwi

2. Offline

Don Redhorse

i don't know if you can capture the can't keep up message and use it as trigger, but I think I saw the code and it only count's ticks.. so you have no idea why it doesn lag.

you could of course just broadcast a random message in that case..

perhaps it would be better to lock at nolag and the other plugins cutting down on lag introducing issues... if you want to increase the map I can recommend WorldBorder 1.4.4 http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/11309/ borders around worlds to force a worldgen to a certain extend and than also issue a /dynmap fullrender (?) to force creating of the map..

harakiwi likes this.
  3. Offline

cnaude

I ran into a similar issue on my server. Players exploring new land would cause disk IO and server lag. The solution was to pre-generate all of the land ahead of time. Try the Minecraft Land Generator. I created the map ahead of time on my test server and then uploaded it to the primary server. You just tell it what size to generate.

harakiwi likes this.
  4. Offline

Valcorb

There are much AutoAnnouncers out there. Take a look on BukkitDev

5. Offline

harakiwi

Okay thanks guys!

I think i try some options. Minecraft Land Generator looks very simple and functional. Will give this one a try and maybe i get a day w/o users to expand the map and rethink the problem :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.