Login server bypass plugin?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xBlueXFoxx, May 10, 2012.

1. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

Possibly make a plugin that enables your server to detect when [username] joins the server and makes it not have to verify with Minecraft's login server, for online-mode servers, and have a server side password, only for certain names that can be setup in a config file. It would find this useful for testing purposes as I do not own multiple Minecraft accounts and it would be easier to login on a different account, it would simplify testing permissions, plugins etc.

I do not intend to promote piracy, I do not support offline mode servers.

Opinions?

2. Offline

kanda

You can test in offline mode?
    It is partly why it is intended as far as I know.

3. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

I believe it was included because Notch highly supports "trying before buying", as offline mode exists within the vanilla Minecraft, not just bukkit. Also constantly restarting an active server is a major hassle when you could test plugins anonymously within your server. It's just an idea, correct me if I'm going insane because this is truly all I have to use it for.

Even if this plugin was used in intents for piracy acts, it would be much better than what's being done right now - offline mode servers with login plugins.

4. Offline

Superkabii

Forced reliance on the central Minecraft with no alternate isn't cool.

But as to the request, plugins can't really see when these players join, Bukkit essentially "filters" them out earlier on.

5. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

So what you're saying is the connections/verification process is done before bukkit can respond? I've never used them but wouldn't queue plugins be impossible if so?

6. Offline

Superkabii

Plugins can catch player connections at that point, when they're actually beginning to join the game. However, the verification checks are much earlier on, then preventing any plugins from seeing the joins.

7. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

There's no way to fulfill this request with a plugin.

The solution for testing is offline mode. Or buy another account ^_^

8. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

Ah I see, well that's a pain, back to swapping configs back and forth.

9. Event with modifying the server it's impossible as the server tells the client if he's using online or offline mode in the HandShake (the first packet send!) - this is before the name of the player can known by the server. The bad part at this: If the server says he's online but the client is not the client will stop connecting. this is sad but true, I tried to implement the concept of this request into a plugin/mod a few weeks ago and gave up after I realized that it's impossible without a client mod... :(