Login Check

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by jeussa, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jeussa

Hey all,

I've been wondering for some time if it's possible to, and if yes, how to modify a login-check. (when the server checks if the client's session is valid/legitimate)
    It'd give me a huge advantage if, in some conditions, I could for example enable or disable this.

Many thanks for your time!!

2. Offline

Onlineids

jeussa Pretty sure you would have to have onlinemode off

3. Offline

jeussa

Settings are no concern of mine really. I just want to be able to check if a player logged in legitimate or illegitimate. No matter whether the server is in online or offline mode.

4. Offline

Onlineids

jeussa Well considering doesn't support servers with authentication disabled you might want to consider it.

5. Offline

NoLiver92

ou need to go back and have a look at it - in online mode you only have ligitamate players

6. Offline

jeussa

I think you guys don't quite understand me.
    What I want is to do my own login-check rather then the srver doing this for me.

7. Offline

Smerfa

There is plugin Auto-In, it has API so you can check if someone is logged-in from premium or cracked account ;)

8. Offline

jeussa

Ah just what I need!
    Could you link me please? :)

9. Offline

ResultStatic

jeussa he told you the name google it.

10. Offline

mythbusterma

Why would you do this other than an offline mode server, as an online mode server already does this for you.

11. Offline

teej107

My only explanation is that in case the authentication servers are down. However I don't know what Auto-In does to check.

12. Offline

Cirno

In order to do this, you would need to hijack the thread used to validate players. I don't know where this code is, how it works, but I do know that it runs in it's own thread. Depending how it is setup, you might be able to use reflection to set the "target" field in a Thread object, stop the thread, and start it again. I don't see why you would want to do this, unless you're developing a plugin targeted to he offline-mode server audience, in which case, inb4lock.

13. Offline

jeussa

The reason I want to do my own login check is because I want to have players be able to both join using a bungeecord proxy and directly to the bukkit server.
    Gues I'll head over to github then. Thanks for your time though

14. Offline

Necrodoom

jeussa Offline mode servers and unofficial builds are not supported here. Seek support elsewhere.

15. Offline

JaguarJo

Locked. As was already mentioned, we do not support bungeecord servers nor any server with authentication disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.