Solved Localhost doesnt even work.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by DreamCastNetwork, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay so,
    When I start my server on MY computer, it starts perfectly, but when I am trying to connect with the ip: Localhost it doesn't work? A time ago it worked fine and I have no clue why it changed. I looked on some videos and it has nothing to do with my firewall.
    Help me out?

DreamCastNetwork

2. check your server.properties. if the ip-address field is populated, clear it, if the port field isnt 25565, set it as such
    failing that, disable your firewall, if it works then, enable it again and ill try to find a solution for you

3. Server-ip is clear, and I the port was on 25564, is that the problem? ooh and disabling firewall is not the problem.

4. is there an X through the signal bars in the minecraft multiplayer server screen?
    if so, your using the wrong version of minecraft for the server. it should be 1.6.4 (that was the last recommended build)

5. Offline

LandonTheGeek

DreamCastNetwork
    That may be, just make it 25565. It is unintended to make it another port unless you are a hosting company or you need to change it because of spammers.

6. Offline

Gater12

7. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Gater12 You can, is it really needed though? :D

Gater12 likes this.
  8. My craftbukkit version and minecraft version are the same, it just says "can't reach server"

I would check that out!

I will try, thanks for the info

HelpfulBeast likes this.
  9. Offline

xize

I got the same issue but I guess it happends for me because I messed with my hosts file.
    it can be found on c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host as alternative 127.0.0.1 should work.

10. Guys, I already fixed it, thanks for your help though!

fredghostkyle1 likes this.
  11. could you tell us how so that other people who come across this problem can fix it too?

12. Set the server port to 25565 nothing else or it won't work!

13. it would work, if you put 127.0.0.1:<port here> into the connect screen
    it works with 25565 because thats the default port (like port 80 is the default for web browsers)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.