List of commands

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Nideco, Jan 13, 2011.

?

Keeping a log/list of commands used by plugins, a good idea?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nideco

-= If any mod knows a better forum for this thread, please move it there =-

After going through the WorldEdit list of commands, I started thinking about the possibility that new plugins might end up using existing commands that other plugins already use. What I mean is, with all those plugins which are bound to be coming, it might be a good idea to start keeping a log/list which plugins use what commands, so new plugin developers can check if the command they want to use isn't already taken, as to avoid the possibility of two plugins not functioning properly together.

I don't know if it's necessary or not. I've been fairly new to Minecraft, though I have been running my own server for friends on hMod for a month or two now, but only with 3 plugins. Plugin deverlopers might know better if this is a good idea or not.
    I'd like to hear what you guys think.

2. Offline

mindless728

the other option is to have plugin devs create plugins where the commands can be configured by the server owner

3. Offline

Fewmets

or to simply have plugins use commands with a plugin prefix. such as a plugin called Example (abbreviated ex) using "/Ex testcommand parim1 parim2"

4. Offline

Nideco

Yes, but that could make it a bit too elaborate to actually insert commands.
    It's just an idea though, but I think it's not a bad idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.