Plugin Request Limit player's max distance by their rank

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by iRCinfinity, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

iRCinfinity

If this already exists please link me to it, I'd be much appreciative.

If not, I'll explain what I mean. Essentially let's say we have five ranks:

Noob
    Beginner
    Mediocre
    Advanced
    Hardcore

The way I would like it set up is that each rank has a certain number of blocks they are allowed to travel from spawn. E.g.

Noob - 1000 blocks in any direction
    Beginner - 2000
    Mediocre - 5000
    Advanced - 10000
    Hardcore - Unlimited

After the person reaches their block limit they get stopped by a barrier or teleported back or something to that effect. The way I see this working is you can assign them to their own group, and the group has the permission that allows you move a certain number of blocks. Now, the way a player achieves their group is entirely up to the server owner but I'm going to assign my groups based on time. I believe I can use a plugin such as AutoRank to achieve this. This would allow for this situation:

Noob - Log in - 1000 Blocks
    Beginner - Play for 5 hours - 2000 Blocks
    Mediocre - Play for 12 hours - 5000 Blocks
    Advanced - Play for 24 hours - 10000 Blocks
    Hardcore - Play for 48 hours - Unlimited

My thought process behind this is to sort out those who have no interest in the server and those who do. Those who are willing to be banned from a server usually haven't invested much time or effort on said server. So when they try to find someone's house who has a lot so they can grief and steal they simply wouldn't be able to get to their house. The older and wiser players will have gathered the materials for their house within the first five hours instead of trying to grief/steal, and anyone with common sense will avoid making their house as the first thing -- and if they do they won't have invested enough time to even be concerned with leaving it nor will they have enough to even bother stealing.

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to explain what I would like so if such a plugin exists it can be posted, or someone may create it. It doesn't seem to be too incredibly difficult to do. You just need to have the plugin do a looping check on the player's coordinates and cross-reference their rank and their rank's maxy and maxz. I could be entirely wrong though, so that's why I posted this.

Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

spinefan03

One method of doing this would be to make worldguard regions, start smallest around spawn and allow anyone permission to enter, make a larger region around that one and only allow the next group access... continue this for as many layers as you need. Make sure your region priorities are set so that the allowed regions are higher than your denied regions.

I am not any help on the second part of your question.

3. Offline

iRCinfinity

Oh, well I do have WorldGuard, but I'm not too great at working it. Can I get an example of what I'd need to do to accomplish this? I know very little about WorldGuard, including how to assign permissions to access a region defined by it.

4. Offline

spinefan03

I am JUST figuring this out. Start by making your regions. The way I do it is stand in top corner of the area and type "//pos1" then stand in opposite bottom corner and type "//pos2" .. next i type "/region define {whatever}" to give it a name. .

To deny access to the area, "/region flag {whatever} entry deny"

To add member group hardcore, to be able to access your "whatever" area, "/region addmember {whatever} g:hardcore"

I have not had to change any priorities yet, ... I would suggest you work your way out to in and then give permissions, it seems to work well for me, with areas responding the way I would expect. Start with building your hardcore area, give it perms, then work your way towards your spawn location.

I did not test these commands right now, hopefully I gave you no errors. I have been typing them a lot today.

5. Offline

iRCinfinity

Oh this is perfect, thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.