Leveling system with a point.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by rslink, May 24, 2011.

1. Offline

rslink

Some plugins allow you to level up your mining or attack etc, however there is never much of a point to it. Other then giving you a chance to break a block instantly, or have stats higher then x person. Other plugins stop you from going out on the map too far with a solid wall that takes away from the game.
    So why not use both to keep players from wondering, and going solo?

• A leveling system that allows you to break blocks quicker, attack stronger and have more health per level.
    • A block breaking difficulty that multiplies the further you are from spawn.
    • possibly: Blocks drop more ore, and more blocks of that type from spawn. It would need a restriction system to stop people from constantly placing and breaking a block to dupe items.
    • Mobs become stronger further from spawn (more health, more damage, more drops).

This would force players stay together further out and would work well with towny, or other community systems. It would add some more challenge to the game when there is not many resources near spawn. Needing to go further out where it is more dangerous so you can expand. It would stop griefers from joining a server and being able to break anything they want right away.

It would be complex and resource heavy, but its just a few ideas.

2. Offline

jamescosten

Levelcraft...hav you looked at that. It allows dropping of more ores etc. Also have a look at dropedit. You can change what blocks drop what etc.

3. Offline

rslink

@jamescosten
    Yes I was saying that there are plugins that allow leveling, drop editing, and beak difficulty. however they do not have increasing difficulty or increasing difficulty from spawn as i said.

4. Offline

jamescosten

ahh i see perhaps asking in the plugins section would yield more results