Let some things fly (not moving)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Janmm14, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Janmm14

Hello!

Is there a possibility to let dropped items and falling blocks staying at the same position in the air?

2. Offline

Pizza371

Janmm14 I've been wanting this, but I don't think it will be very possible(?) not sure.
    Just thinking that if you do set it at the same position every tick or so, it will bug anyway I think

3. Offline

Janmm14

I got some ideas that could makes it a bit less laggy:
    Put the falling block on a invisible chicken.
    Set the velocity to something that it goes a bit up, then falling and then the velocity is added again.

4. Offline

Pizza371

Janmm14 invisible chicken? Chickens wont stop the item falling though?

5. Offline

Janmm14

Well, you can't let items ride a chicken, but falling blocks ar entities, so that's possible. (Chickens fall much slower, so it looks better)

6. Offline

Axe2760

I guess you could put it on top of an invisible bat with slowness 1000.. x3

Janmm14 and Hoolean like this.
  7. Offline

Janmm14

Slowness 7 is enough because 1 reduces 15%, 2 reduces 30% ... see minecraftwiki

8. Offline

Axe2760

Or if you want to be really sure... Integer.MAX_VALUE

XD

9. Offline

Pizza371

Janmm14
    Uhm.. If u manage to get this working..
    May I get the code? If not that's fine.

10. Offline

Scizzr

There's two problems with giving a bat SLOW and setting it to have a passenger of the falling block.
    1. The bat can still fly
    2. The bat randomly loses its passenger for some reason (the falling block just pops and changes into an item)

I guess the only way to do it would be to set the falling block's velocity every few ticks.

11. Offline

Axe2760

Scizzr If you wanted to use NMS, you could make it so the bat doesn't fly.

12. Offline

Scizzr

True, but some people don't want to mess with NMS and reflection. Also, that still leaves the block breaking randomly mid-air. Maybe you could make the block not change velocity in NMS too... :D

13. Offline

Cirno

Making a bat not fly via NMS is tricky, risky, and has a 100% chance of crashing the server if said code was to encounter any error.

14. Offline

Axe2760

True :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.