"Legendary" armor

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by DrMoose, Jul 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DrMoose

What i would like is a plugin where theres an armor set with a specific potion effects, the armor set needs to be diamond and the enchants and potion effects will be listed below!!! \/\/\/

Helmet:
    Name - &bApollos Crest
    Enchants - Protection 5, Unbreaking 3, Fire Protection 4, Thorns 3
    Lore - &4Glowing
    &4Implants
    Potion effects - Night Vision 3, Saturation 1, water breathing 1

Chestplate:
    Name - &8&lAegis
    Lore - &2Infused with Strength
    Potion Effects - Strength 2

Leggings:
    Name - &8Ethereals
    Lore - &2Infused with Invisibility
    Potion Effects - Invisibility 2

Boots:
    Name - &6Hermes Boots
    Enchants - Protection 5, Unbreaking 3, Fire Protection 4, Feather Falling 4
    Lore - &6Infused with Speed

Sword:
    Name - &4&lD&8&le&4&la&8&lt&4&lh &8&lB&4&lr&8&li&4&ln&8&lg&4&le&8&lr
    Enchants - Sharpness 5, Fire Aspect 2
    Lore - &4Deathbringer
    &4Life Steal
    Effects - Does 2x damage every hit, Can give half a heart back at any moment ( Max hits to get a half a heart back - 5 )

Command to get these items: /LegendKit

I would like the items to be renameable, so i can rename them without losing their effects/powers

When do i need it : As Fast As Possible

I wouldnt really want to pay for this plugin, because the server that i will use it on wont be paid-to-win and i wont get money back anyways.

The items should look like this:

Helmet - http://prntscr.com/bwzv1a
    Chestplate - http://prntscr.com/bwzxsn
    Leggings - http://prntscr.com/bwzvnt
    Boots - http://prntscr.com/bwzw4a ( They need to have Feather Falling 4 )
    Sword - http://prntscr.com/bwzyle

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. Offline

TheStarkPvP

3. Offline

DrMoose

4. @DrMoose So because your lazy you want us to spend a long time programming this. Are you being serious right now...

AlvinB and mine-care like this.
  5. Offline

DrMoose

Well, i dont even know how to code plugins, and ik that theres good people out there, maybe i dont know how to code them, but i know alot more s*it that may not be about plugins.

+ I dont see it as a wery difficult plugin to make. U just basically need to have a effect on an item thats in the items lore. Simple. And tbh, i dont rly need the sword, i just wanted it there because its there on the server that i play on the most, and i cant get the owner to give me the plugin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  6. @DrMoose
    What I think @bwfcwalshy meant was that, why should someone spend time coding a plugin, if there already is one that fits your needs, but you just can't be arsed to configure it?

mine-care and bwfcwalshy like this.
  7. Offline

mine-care

None doughts your knowledge on other areas!

I dont see how these two statements add up to be honnest, on one hand you "dont even know how to code plugins" but you are able to declare them as simple... The bare bones of a plugin may be a piece of cake to make but the bare bones is not what a good dev is covering. They also cover the "what if's" so what if you want to change the helmet and stuff? they need to allow for that configuration. What if the config has a mistake in it, they need to verify input and so on and so forth. So it may not be that simple after all!
    Another example from my personal experience is when i was trying to freeze an entity. I could simply add a slowness potion effect, but that wouldnt satisfy my needs completely and i ended having to create a custom entity just so it doesnt move which involves NMS and reflection :/ (both are not known for their simplicity...)

As @AlvinB said, what @bwfcwalshy tried to say was that since there is already a plugin out there that can do exactly what you ask for, why would someone spend time and effort coding a completely new one? You said above that you where lazy to configure it:
    Well that isnt a good reason for someone to spend hours developing and testing. But ontop of that, if you need help configuring a plugin, then you should seek help in the category "Bukkit Help" of these forums.

bwfcwalshy likes this.
  8. Offline

DrMoose

I said i already have that plugin, but i checked all the items but theres not such enchants/some items as listed above, theres enchants/items doe but theyre not the same, and ive already tested them, deathbringer and lifesteal is like 5 times weaker on custom enchants than i need ( and yes, i had them both on level 5 ) And those hermes boots that are in there arent even working.
    Declaring a plugin as ez to make isnt the same as making it. Its just my thoughts and u cant do nothing about it.

9. @DrMoose I can't wait to see if anyone actually picks this up. I wont, your attitude is just appalling. We are the ones who would be developing, you seem to be treating us as slaves. We don't get paid, we do this out of the kindness of our hearts, we spend our own free time just to help someone. You cannot put a difficulty on a plugin with no knowledge and you shouldn't have a bad attitude to people who could do this. I wont say I hope no one does it but I will be surprised if this is done personally.

ElCreeperHD and mine-care like this.
  10. Offline

mine-care

You are right to say this, if you only read this part of my post:
    Now, the main argument here is, that since you don't know what is involved in making a plugin, how can you know how simple it would be to make it for someone else? Keeping in mind that simplicity is subjective.
    Also reading my post you will see that i am explaining why something may seem simple at first glance but it is not actually. Im also providing a realistic example from personal experience to help you or anyone else reading understand why i argue, but with your response i am not sure if you reached that part of the post.

Ofcourse, none can do anything about them except yourself, and it should stay this way if you ask me. What i can do though, is argue with what you say publicly. You expressed your thought and gave me, and other members the oportunity to object.
    That is exactly what i did. I objected, and provided my arguments to support my objection, and possibly help you understand my point better and be able to consider it the next time. Discussions and arguments help us shape our own arguments and understand things better.

bwfcwalshy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.