Learning to Code

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by IIxUnderWorldxII, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm new to coding plugins and I fairly enjoy doing it. I want to get more advanced, is there any place that can help me do this and quick?

2. Offline

mrCookieSlime

3. Offline

pookeythekid

IIxUnderWorldxII When it comes to learning almost anything, YouTube is your friend. But I do hear a lot of trash about TheBCBroz's tutorials, so stay away from those. There are plenty of other series on how to make Bukkit plugins.

Bukkit API isn't the only thing you should learn if you're going to make plugins, though. Learning Java in general really helps things make a whole lot of sense when using the API, and it takes much more than just API to make your plugins; most of the time you'll have to compose a lot of your own code to make a plugin. But no worries, there are tons of YouTube tutorials on Java, too. :)

4. Offline

EgyptianKing

pookeythekid likes this.
  5. Offline

pookeythekid

EgyptianKing Well, I guess it's good to learn the basics. Sure, you're not going to learn how to become a professional programmer off of YouTube tutorials, but I'm a self-taught Java programmer (although I pretty much only code Bukkit plugins... I still have no idea what else to do) and I've learned everything I know from YouTube, Stack Overflow, making Bukkit plugins, and experimentation.

6. I'm a little stuck on something, when I write it so when they run a command send them a message. I'm getting no errors, I've registered it in the plugin.yml and put the "this, this" in the onEnable but still nothing.

7. Offline

EgyptianKing

IIxUnderWorldxII
    Go to the plugin development section of the forums and post your code over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.