Learning to code Mini-Games

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by IIxUnderWorldxII, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been messing with code for a while now and I want to go further. I want to learn how to code a mini-game. My first attempt being a 1v1 spleef. Just to get used to the whole idea. If anyone has very detailed tutorials. Thanks.

2. Offline

Dsi_Mario

@IIxUnderWorldxII SgtCaze has tutorials (deprecated, he will be making another minigame tutorial in the future)

3. Offline

pookeythekid

@IIxUnderWorldxII I'd guess it's a matter of knowing sufficient Java, then going and learning things about BukkitAPI if you get stuck on something about it that you don't know how to use. When I was mostly learning from experience in my plugins, that strategy worked fairly well, also made learning a bit more fun.

4. Offline

mine-care

@pookeythekid Indeed
    @IIxUnderWorldxII
    As it has been arround and i supose you already know, Java is a requierment for Bukkit.
    What i sugest:
    1. learn some good java, Cover At least the basics, (although i would recomend going a litle further with it)
    2. Practice your java, seems pointless but it is essential, start by making simple programs in java, there are a bilion ideas out there, (Text invertors, Folder cleaners and so on)
    3. Get in touch with bukkit API, create some basic plugins.
    4. After you completed the above, hopefully you are ready to start your Minigame coding attempts :D
    5. If you ever need help/guidance dont hesitate to ask either on forums (recomended) or coders in person.
    Good luck!

ChipDev likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.