Learn Java

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by thatdubstepgamer, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello I was wondering if someone could take me on as a learner please. I really wanna learn java and make amazing plugins and such. Also just to learn a programming language so if you would that would be great.

Kind Regards,

ThatDubstepGamer

2. Offline

ThunderWaffeMC

Watch videos by TheNewBoston and start there. Read a java book. When I started I just picked it up by viewing some starting tutorials with eclipse to know the layout and settings and then I got started and whenever I got stuck I googled it.

3. Ive watched preatty much all his series still not that good...

4. Offline

Dyprex

Buy a Java book and start to programming.

It comes over time, you can't read a tutorial or a book and immediately know the whole language.

5. Offline

werter318

Don't just watch it, DO IT! practice that same subject in 30 different ways, till you understand it.

6. Offline

PropGamer

If you want to learn java.. Bukkit api requries just the basics of java. When your watching the thenewbostons videos Code it in your way not his. Switch the statements and variables around till you get the hang of it.

creepers84 likes this.
  7. Offline

creepers84

Good advice =D That's how I learnt.

8. Offline

Deleted user

TheBCBroz Youtube series

9. I watched Jacek 's tutorials on youtube. I also bought a book (Object orientated programming with Java by Eric Steegmans) The book is good, only problem I bought it for like 60€ so I guess around 80$?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.