Large Lagg Problem

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by KARAMEL, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KARAMEL

I run a Bukkit server with 15 plugins. It is hosted on my computer and has a HUGE problem with lagg. I have tried NoLagg, but nothing happens. When I use Ptweaks, the map does fully load and there are patches of no land and darkness. When I restart the server, everything is black and there is no land. The lagg started to happen when I converted my server from 1.2.5 - 1.3.1/1.3.2

2. Offline

TnT

Moved to the correct forum. Check your plugins (aka, remove them and test) and make sure you're on 1.3.1-R2.0.

3. Offline

KARAMEL

I have already tried checking my plugins and the server is always laggy no matter what. Also, I am on 1.3.1-R2.0.

I forgot to mention this, but when I use Ptweaks, there is no lagg. Not one bit, but of course the empty patches of land are still there.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  4. Offline

Actium Praetor

What kind of computer? And by that I mean processor type/speed, amount of RAM, amount of hard drive space, and what else do you do on it and how often/much? And what kind/speed of Internet connection is this machine using to access the intarwebs?

It wouldn't seem like it, but Minecraft/Bukkit servers are pretty processor-heavy to operate, and I've seen decent machines choke out under the load with only 1-2 people on the server.

5. Offline

KARAMEL

I have an HP laptop. It has about 90-100 GB of RAM. My internet is 27ms.
    It is true that Bukkit servers overload with 1-2 people, but I had 3 people on my server and it was just fine until I switched to from 1.2.5-R5.0 to 1.3.1-R2.0. I'm not too sure how much hard drive space I have though.

6. Offline

TnT

What kind of lag are you experiencing exactly? FPS lag? TPS drops? Chat lag?
    Post your full server.log

Also, for the purpose of troubleshooting, do not use NoLagg or PTweaks.

7. Offline

Necrodoom

wat

i take it thats 90-100GB is your hard disk space?

8. Offline

KARAMEL

I'm having FPS lag. I can't exactly post my server log because it runs on cmd, but when there are lag spikes, the log says: [Username] moved too quickly!

No, I have 90-100GB of RAM, not hard drive space.

9. Offline

Jigsaw

Even if you run your server from cmd, it will still create a server.log. Check the folder that has your world and plugin folders in it and you should see a file named server.log.

Also, you don't have 90-100GB of RAM. On your desktop or start menu right click "Computer", then click properties, and then you should see "Installed memory (RAM)". That is how much RAM you have. Post that here.

10. Umm.. That would cost 10000$+ for that... Idk know if they provide that for non-commercial people. Goto your system properties. Its most likely 90-100 Gb HDD or SSD.

Also running a server then playing on the server on the SAME computer, will sometimes cause lag. I have noticed that the new updates call for more ram and PC power - atleast for the plugins I have.

11. Offline

KARAMEL

Although running the server on the same computer causes lag, I never had lag until I converted to 1.3.1-R2.0 like I said above.
    Sorry about not knowing the server log, I'm still new to running a server. And also, all I remember was a number between 90-100, so it must've been 90-100 MG?

I'm not sure why, but I have 3 server logs and 2 of them are blank. This is what the second log says:
    2012-08-03 16:39:47 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
    2012-08-03 16:39:47 [INFO] Loading properties
    2012-08-03 16:39:47 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 5.253.113.52:25565
    2012-08-03 16:39:47 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    2012-08-03 16:39:47 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
    2012-08-03 16:39:47 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    2012-08-07 14:54:25 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
    2012-08-07 14:54:25 [INFO] Loading properties
    2012-08-07 14:54:25 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 5.253.113.52:25565
    2012-08-07 14:54:25 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    2012-08-07 14:54:25 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
    2012-08-07 14:54:25 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

This was not what was shown up on the cmd. I think this was from the first time I started the server...

12. Offline

Jigsaw

That looks like the wrong log file, then. Are you sure that is the correct folder? The message you are posting usually only shows up when you are already running a server on your computer.

13. Offline

KARAMEL

No, that's the only log that actually has text in it. The strange thing is that the message I posted is always there and does not disappear after I shutdown the server.

14. Offline

Jigsaw

Just look at the date on the message you posted. It is from August 3rd and August 8th. That has to be the wrong log file.

15. Offline

KARAMEL

That's the only one.

16. Offline

TnT

That log is not from CraftBukkit.

Getting the moved to quickly warnings is not lag, its the result of the server stopping the client from moving faster than is allowed.

17. Offline

macguy8

We can still offer to help anyone we want, and it is *possible* to have 90 - 100 GB RAM, but it's expensive.

I said possible, not something a average person would have

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

18. Offline

Lolmewn

Yeah right.

19. Offline

DemonCraft

Why is everyone saying things about him messing up about how much RAM his Laptop holds?
    He could be a newbie to computers and not know that much, helping him instead of going off topic would be a better job...

20. Offline

KARAMEL

[​IMG]This is a photo of what I see in-game when I use pTweaks. The chunks have not loaded and there is nothing.

Please help! Excuse my language, I was pissed off my SOME PEOPLE who like insulting people for fun.

21. Offline

nhadobas

You're supposed to put double spaces in between periods and single spaces in between commas...Talking about acting 10, you sure seem close. There is no need to be a little dick to this kid. So what if he is younger or doesn't understand something, that why he is here!

You don't start a sentence with "and."

Anyway, you really need yo quit your attitude. He may be younger, but that doesn't give you the right to make fun of the kid.

22. Offline

Ha1luciNate

Relax dude,

First off, you do not have 100 gigs of RAM in your laptop, I don't care how much you paid for it, I can't even think of a laptop motherboard that could utilize that much RAM. You are most likely referring to your HDD (hard-disc-drive)

To find out how much ram you have: (If you are on a pc) Do what was said above-> Right click on my computer, go to properties, look under (info)? (I think it might be general) it's in there somewhere, for the RAM.

My guess is that you are running a plugin that is eating up all the server memory.

Post your start.bat file.

It should look something like this:

Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    PAUSE

23. Offline

np98765

If he's here to understand/learn, he's not doing a very good job -- Constantly insisting that he has 90-100 gigabytes of RAM on his computer and disregarding the numerous people that have told him otherwise doesn't constitute as "learning". And then there's the ridiculous amount of caps/cursing.

Personally, I'm not seeing much learning going on here.

Yes, you can. Those are the rules that you learn in second grade to prevent people from writing fragments.

And you don't put the period inside of the quotation.

yttriuszzerbus likes this.
  24. Offline

pyraetos

25. Offline

KARAMEL

Bro, if you're here to complain about other people, get off the thread.

Please stop criticizing me and help me!

26. Offline

np98765

We're trying to. You have had numerous people tell you that your computer does not have 90-100GB of RAM, yet you continued to insist that it does.

The answer to your problem is to listen. We know what we're talking about. You do not have 90-100GB of RAM in your computer. Period.

27. Offline

KARAMEL

Stop complaining and please help bro. I came here to get help, not get insulted by my lack of computer knowledge.

28. Offline

np98765

No one is going to help you if you won't LISTEN. I'm not sure how much clearer I can say this.

You do not have 100GB of RAM.

I'm going to assume that you have 90-100MB of RAM dedicated to the server, and in that case, there is your problem.

Also, I'm not complaining. I'm telling you how annoying you are being by insisting that you have 100GB of RAM, after many people have told you otherwise.

29. Offline

KARAMEL

Bro, I heard enough times that I don't have 100GB of RAM to know I DON'T. You don't need to keep shoving the point at me when I already know. Instead, HELP me or get off the thread please.

30. Offline

np98765

Maybe you should actually read and not stop halfway through.

Your issue is your memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.