large biomes

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by mike8420, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mike8420

my biomes are still small even with server properties at LARGEBIOMES, does bukkit read that file or do i have to make changes somewhere else as well?

2. Offline

lokpique

Are you referring to areas that were already discovered before making that change? If you made the change on an already existing map, only newly generated areas will reflect the world generator change.

3. Offline

mike8420

i made a whole new map but every biome so far ive searched is small, i have level-type in server properties LARGEBIOMES but that doesnt seem to help

4. Offline

lokpique

My live server has stayed 1.2.5 so far, and the only 1.3.1 i've played with has been a vanilla server (mostly just to investigate the map seams this time around before upgrading the live server).

I know it works for a vanilla server, but honestly I haven't tested it in bukkit yet.

Does anybody know if the dev build has this feature yet? It's possible that it hasn't been implemented in bukkit so far, which is the nature of dev builds.

5. Offline

Marc561

It works! I used craftbukkit build #2291 and copied the server.properties from another server and changed level-type=default to level-type=largebiomes. Than I run the server for the first time so I started with a new world. There I spawned into large ice plains and I had to take a long ride to find another biom.
    So its possible to get large bioms.

6. Offline

mike8420

Cool, yeah i used a real early version so its possible they didnt have it implemented. I think im still going to wait for live so i can make sure i get the map being played without issues. Doesnt mean im not tempted to still use dev build haha :). appreciate your input Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.