Large area doesnt load/crashes clients

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by pudd1nG, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pudd1nG

Hello, we have a rather large map on our dev server thats acting up.

One of the main areas is now ceasing to load and getting anywhere near the town itself causes a massive FPS drop to the point where you'll need to end the MC process.

I thought originally it was corrupt chunks, but I've opened the map in MCedit and some other editors and they dont seem to find a problem.

Converting to the new map format didn't help either.

I hope I've provided enough info. Thanks

2. Offline

Jonbas

Can you check in MCedit to see if there is a lot of lava or flowing water in there? My client always chokes on large amounts of lava.

3. Offline

pudd1nG

Doesn't seem to be, the area was fine for a long time. Now it causes ppl to slow down till MC crashes - warping into the zone leaves u falling into the void till crash. Overviewer didn't give me any errors and MC edit seems to load up the chunks just fine.

Help much appreciated!

4. Offline

Jonbas

Hm, looks like I'm having similar problems on my test server since I upgraded to 1.3. Heavily built and mined areas are extremely slow to load and my frame rate is really bad there.

5. Offline

Mohammad

This is old glitch that happened to me
    I call it void glitch just re-login and the huge missing chunk is fixed

6. Offline

pudd1nG

lol Mohammad i bloody wish! it happens to anyone who goes near the area (seems like 70x70 odd). even a way to find out which chunks are causing it would be fine, just so i could make them regenerate, we can rebuild.

7. Offline

Jonbas

doesn't worldedit tell you which chunk you're in?

8. Offline

Mohammad

Well then Im sorry Ill google it and try and help :/

9. Offline

pudd1nG

ok so it loads fine in single player, can run around the affected area no problem.

have also run the world without ANY plugins and same issue as normal.

Seems a bukkit issue :eek:
    --- merged: Feb 27, 2011 6:55 AM ---
    bump!
    --- merged: Feb 28, 2011 12:27 PM ---
    I guess its worth one last bump before we start again LOL

10. Offline

Raphfrk

Have you tried with the standard server, it is possible that it is a MC problem and not a Bukkit one.

11. Offline

pudd1nG

It is fine in single player, however any MP server will give this issue :(

12. Offline

TnT

You mean, even the Vanilla MC server causes this issue? If so it seems like your map is corrupted. Either remove those chunks using some sort of map editor, or try a new map.

13. Offline

pudd1nG

Yes any MC server causes it. But if they were corrupt, I'd get errors in things like renders, MCedit, SSP etc? which i dont.

Confused :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.