Lapis Portals

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Fungreenfox, Jul 23, 2013.

1. I wish someone will make a new version of lapis portals for 1.6.2. Lots of users got used to this portal and it stopped getting updated at 1.4.6 and author is not responding.

2. Offline

stephanvl

I downloaded the latest version of the plugin, and it's working fine for me as far as i tested it. what problems do you have, and how can i reproduce them?

3. CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.5.2-R1.0-27-gdc25312-b2815jnks (MC: 1.6.2) (Implementing API version 1.6.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)

I am just building the lapis portals as intended to, but nothing happens upon slamming the door.

i am also getting the expected messure at startup, for when not up to date.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  4. Offline

stephanvl

try redownloading the plugin. do you use vault for permissions and economy, if so, can you try it without vault?

I'm not using vault, and everything is working fine, and i don't get anything about not up to date.

can you post the stacktrace (i guess you get a stacktrace with the message 'is the plugin up to date?')?
    maybe we will now then what the issue is

EDIT: also tried with vault, still working fine for me.

5. Offline

stephanvl

I was able to reproduce the error, but only by editing the portals.dat or global.dat file.
    it came when there is only the world name, without the other numbers, can you check your portals.dat and global.dat files, if there is a line that has only a worldname, of maybe some missing dots. just opening with notepad++ or so will work.

If you can't find any, can you upload the portals.dat and global.dat files so i can test with your files.
    if you dont want to upload them, you can also make a local test server with lapis portals, and use the portals.dat and global.dat files from your server, and test which one is making this issue.

6. hmm this might be the error. Those files only containes hundreds of inversed "null"'s.

Luckily, with windows 7, its possible to recover a more early file, and i did so. These files are having coords and words giving a meaning etc. so ill try a server restart now. Thanks a lot. ( i did not think this would happen to a SSD - disk, but now i remember, it also happened to GODS plugin a week ago).

When i stop the server, i get a wierd java problem, which just shows and disappears, and the server starts normally.

20:23:12 [INFO] Saving worlds
    >#
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000006ac9f897, pid=3028, tid=4728
    #
    # JRE version: 7.0_17-b02
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (23.7-b01 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
    # Problematic frame:
    # V [jvm.dll+0x5f897]
    #
    # Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
    #
    # An error report file with more information is saved as:
    # X:\mcraft1_2B\hs_err_pid3028.log
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    # http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
    #
    20:23:15 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.6.2

I have submittet this to sun today, so it might be corrected.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  7. Offline

stephanvl

I don't know if you would want to, but you can try deinstalling java 7, and install java 6.
    but, it is possible that some of your plugins do not support java 6.

8. thats a try, but i think it was an accident, when i had to hardreset my pc last week. I have updated java, - somehow i didn't have the latest '25 version but a 23 one. Many of my plugins wont run under version 6.
    The portals are running fine again :)