Lag spikes probem

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Pr07o7yp3, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Pr07o7yp3

Ok, I have a strange problem.
    My server has lag spikes.

I just made a test. I was alone in server and the CPU was load about 5% but sometime it overload about 250-300% and the server lags for a second.
    Is this a plugin problem, bukkit or some hardware issue?
    I made memtest86 and there was no errors.

Bukkit: RB 1.6.4-R2.0

2. Offline

Dr_Bunsen

Is the server a slow core? Is it a vps or a home pc? Was there any form of map rendering?

Elaborate my friend.

3. Offline

Pr07o7yp3

What do you mean by "slow core"?
    It's a home PC.
    Map rendering? Like Dynmap? No, I haven't.

4. Offline

JojoPlaysMC

I think what Dr_Bunsen meant by "slow core" was how fast is your processor speed/CPU. Has your computer been slow in general? It could be a virus that's slowing everything down. Could you list your server specs, RAM, processor, Java version, etc. Also, list try to list your plugins.

5. Offline

Pr07o7yp3

My CPU is AMD Phenom II X4. I know it's not the best but this lag spikes are not something normal.
    What do you mean slow in general? I didn't have this problem before. It's appeared recently.

I made a video to show you what i mean:
    I just tried everything I know. I tried to check what plugin cause it by NoLagg Examine. I tried to remove some of the plugins. Tried with plugin profiling too.
    Also I checked my world for corrupted chunks with Minecraft Region Fixer.
    I thought that the problem is caused by some redstone clock system. So I stopped the redstone for a while but my server still lag spikes.

I decide to check my RAM with memtest86, and no errors was found.
    I just will test my SSD soon, because maybe the problem is there, I don't know but I just bought it, maybe before a year.
    Actually I think this lag spikes stops when there are no players online in the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.