Plugin Request KitChests

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by TheMrJezza, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheMrJezza

Suggested name: KitChests

What I want: I would like a plugin that can place a selected chest with configurable items 2 blocks in front of players.

Ideas for commands: /givekit <kit> <player>

Ideas for permissions: kitchests.command.givekit

When I'd like it by: There is no time limit, I can wait

2. Offline

au2001

@TheMrJezza Would the kits be configurable, or would they be Essentials kits?
    And do you want the items to be randomly placed or well-organized?
    How about if the player is like in a wall or something, and it doesn't have space to spawn the chest, would it return an error?
    And one last question :D the chest just appears, and the the player would have to break it? But if he is at spawn for exemple, then there would be chests everywhere... (I hope you understand the problem)

3. Offline

TheMrJezza

I do understand, but to answer all of the above questions, Yes I would like the kits to be configurable, the items would do better randomly placed in the chest, if the player is in a wall, then an error would be given to tell them that the kit can't be spawned in that area and all of the spawn points are random, there is no spawn.

Thanks for replying

This is also for craftbukkit 1.8.1 so its probably going to be moved to Bukkit Alternatives

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts. And yes, yes it will

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  4. Offline

au2001

@TheMrJezza I got another question ^.^ only people with permission kitchests.command.givekit (or console) can give kits?
    But then, if the kit can't be given, it just doesn't do anything?
    So if, for exemple, it is connected to buycraft (wouldn't respect the EULA but that's just an exemple), the player would lose all their items?

EDIT: I just left it like that for now, if you want it changed, please tell me ;)
    Here is the download link: http://shadowcasted.com/plugins/KitChests.jar
    I made a default config so that you can see how to make kits

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  5. Offline

TheMrJezza

Thankyou so much for this, I will try it now

Can there be 2 more commands added: /getkit and /givekita <kit> <player>

/givekita is the same as /givekit accept /givekita gives the player an option when to spawn it with /getkit

What this does if an admin does /givekita <kit> <player>, the player would have to do /getkit for the kit to spawn.

If the kit has no where to spawn, a message is given to tell them to move and try /getkit again.

If would be great if you can do this, but you don't have to. Thank you again for this plugin

I also can't get steak or pistons to work in kits

I got it working, essentials uses different names steak = cooked_beef and piston = piston_base

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.