Killed Player's Inventory to Mob Inventory

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Liutenantpickle, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Liutenantpickle

Can someone help me out? Im trying to make a plugin that when a Player Kills another Player, this spawns a Mob, the killed player's inventory transfers to the Mob, and when a Player kills the Mob, this drops the inventory. Just need the code :) Thanks!

2. Offline

skore87

Normally an entity wouldn't have an inventory (unless a player) so you will have to create one for it and store it.
    Code:
    Inventory inventory = Bukkit.getServer().createInventory(player,36,entity.getEntityId());
    The entity.getEntityId() bit is the name of the inventory, 36 is the size, and player is the inventory holder. You will then want to hook the event for when entities are killed and then drop each item in the inventory. You should be able to figure the rest out on your own =)

3. Offline

Liutenantpickle

Thanks dude :) But im having troubles with the entitiy event code, can you help me out?

4. Offline

skore87

What part? Spawning it?

Liutenantpickle likes this.
  5. Offline

Liutenantpickle

When the Mob dies lol

6. Offline

skore87

Code:
        @EventHandler
        public void onEntityDeathEvent(EntityDeathEvent e){
                // e.getEntity().getEntityId();
        }
    If that ID is the same as the one you stored earlier, then cycle through the itemstacks in the inventory and drop it. Oh... and on second thought, it might be best that you save the ItemStack[] of the player's inventory instead of creating a new one.

7. Offline

Liutenantpickle

How do I make the entity to a Zombie?

8. Offline

skore87

For the entity death event, you wouldn't need to. Though you could check to see if it were an instanceof Zombie if you so desired.

9. Offline

Liutenantpickle

Okay, Thanks for your help! :)

Having trouble with getEntityId()); Help

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  10. Offline

frozenpoptartmc

11. Offline

amitlin14

so? its a good idea! they arnt copyrighted, they dont own the game, for all i know someone could make an exact copy with the exact code and they cant do anything.

good ideas should be shared

12. Offline

Liutenantpickle

Damn right, and I won't use this plugin just for MineZ this plugin can be useful, so someone help me please lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.