Kick on Death

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DonutzDelicious, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Offline

DonutzDelicious

Request: Kick on Death.

Description;
    I am currently looking for a simple plugin that kicks on death, if possible with a kick message. I am currently using DeathBan, this plugin can be modified into a minified temporary ban. Sadly, this plugin kicks after you hit the 'Respawn' button. I am in need for a plugin that can kick exactly after you have either lost your last health or have died.

Reason;
    I am hosting my own server at the moment and I figured out duping is sadly still in the game. Notch solved most of it, but he added a new possibility. This new-found glitch can be done way too easy again. By having a plugin that kicks before you get to the 'Respawn' or 'Back to Title' menu it would solve it. ( I am not posting this glitch out in the public. )

I would like to thank you for reading this and I hope you could tell me if this is possible.

Yours sincerely,
    DonutZ

2. Offline

Timothy_Riches

3. Offline

DonutzDelicious

Thank you for your quick reply, Timothy.

I know WorldGuard has that option, which sadly does not function anymore. (Take a look at their functionality spreadsheet) I even have tested this myself.

I think you have misunderstood me though. I meant a different type of duping, not the dual log in on. Its difficult for me to explain how it would fix my problem. This is because I do not wish to spread this duping method, I think it could ruin alot of servers/gameplay for people.
    Oddly enough, this dupe glitch has been created as Notch solved the first methods of duping by inventing server side inventories.

Right now, the plugins used to kick/ban you after you hit 'Respawn'. This is likely due to some trigger they are using for it. The plugin I am looking for should kick just before you get that semi-red menu with your score and 'Respawn'. Is it possible to create or use this?

4. Offline

Jigabot

Donutz I updated DeathBan today to ban on deaths instead of respawn, however, I don't think it will help your problem directly.

5. Offline

godhand1942

Perhaps a simpler solution would be perhaps a property that clears your inventory on death. That way if you die, no items are recoverable and thus no items are doubled.

6. Offline

Ryan Carretta

7. Offline

DonutzDelicious

Hey Ryan,

I'd like to thank you for you contribution. The plugin is fully working.
    Yet again, thanks alot!

Edit; I thought it didn't work at first, my fault on that part.

8. Offline

axebyte

Yes it works awesomely, since nocheat plugin wasnt handling this correctly, Its a pain to get kicked, but least i know they wont be duping that way now.

9. Offline

kevinisepic

Cant seem to download can someone give me a link?