Keep Level/XP on die (+ other)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Stroved, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Offline

Stroved

Hey I've been wanting something like this for ages.

Basically, when a user dies, they normally lose their level and XP, but I want it so that they keep their XP AND level. This means that if they are level 5, then die, they will still be level 5. Yeah, thats the simple part (if it can be done ^^).

The next part is something that would be even awesomer:
    There would be a config file that allows you to define the max level and also the XP needed to gain each level. For example, here is the config I was thinking about:

PHP:
    Levels:
        - 

The 1,2,3,4 etc is the level and the number after the : is the amount of XP needed to gain that level, so 1000 XP is needed to gain level 12. Also, this means that level 12 is the highest level people can get too.

This would be awesome if someone could make it -- thanks :D

2. Offline

Don Redhorse

deathtpplus allows you to keep partial or full XP when you die, plus your inventory.

about the rest... that would mean quite some coding... I think heroes is doing something like this..

3. Offline

Stroved

Ahh okay, I'll look into that.

If someone could maybe look into coding it or even give pointers on how it could work, it would be awesome.

4. Offline

Stroved

Anyone else see if this is possible?

5. Offline

kalez

this, or a configurable % would be nice

6. Offline

Stroved

That would be awesome too.

A plugin like this would give more freedom on what people do with XP as atm its kinda unused apart from enchanting.

7. Offline

kalez

Yeah, cause losing all your exp just seems way too harsh, but losing none makes it too easy.

8. Offline

Stroved

I'd like to have it either way, as I am making a server which requires you to "level up" and the higher the level, the more stuff you get.

But the percentage thing would be epic for my Survival server. Is anyone able to do this?

9. Offline

kalez

Interesting idea! Good luck with it

10. Offline

Stroved

Thanks! If only someone could code a plugin like this now :p

11. I don't have time right now, but if no other person picks it up, I might give it a try

12. Offline

Stroved

That would be awesome!

Let me know if you do end up doing this, it would be epic. Thanks :)