JustOneMoreBlock | iConomy MiniDB to MySQL Converter

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by Cory_, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Cory_

I’m a “Server Administrator” for Bukkit Plugins and as an admin – I've known some issues with some plugins, one in particular was iConomy 6. If you’re a small community based server or a large one you’re going to want the database on MySQL or SQLite as the “MiniDB” is just a plain text file format which has a lot of known issues.

For example: We use Votifier on Minecraft Mondays and when using a “MiniDB” and people voted the “accounts.mini” will get purged and I’d have to reload a backup of the accounts.mini file.
    Using a MySQL Database solves this issue; however, after looking into converting “MiniDB” to “MySQL” – I found out this wasn't an option. Now you can convert a iConomy 5 to iConomy 6 that’s what the “Conversion Settings” are in the “Config.yml”.

I've considered switching to another economy plugin – called CraftConomy; but it did have some minor issues awhile back which prevented me from switching. The feature it does have was it converted a “MiniDB” to “MySQL” but after testing on the latest bukkit at the time and on a localhost mysql server – It took over 4 hours to convert. Mind you this was a dedicated box of an i7 running 32 GB of RAM. – Not sure what the issue was, but tested this numerous times.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/craftconomy/

Therefore I've considered of having one of my friends a developer take a look at it and make a converter, but using the iConomy Schema instead of theirs, but didn't get completed as he was unavailable. This however is still possible if someone wants to take on the project.

Although – I’m a PHP Coder and I’d figure I can accomplish the same thing in java as I can in PHP – just a web version of it so there is no database connection settings; Therefore I've created a web based conversion script that does what I need and everyone else may need as it’s a required feature.

Simply – Login to your server and access your “plugins/iConomy” directory and download “accounts.mini” – Visit the link below and upload “accounts.mini” to my website and it will read the file and convert it!

I've added an additional feature where if you have the “Default Balances” where guests join and don’t come back online – You can remove those default balances – This setting is set in your “iConomy”, “Config.yml file. Default: 30.0

http://justonemoreblock.com/pages/converter/

Note: iConomy 6 still works on Bukkit 1.4.6 - Not updated required.

Changelog:
    Code:
    v1.2
    - Changed: Updated links.
    - Style: New Style to match forums.
    - Added: Zip function for downloads.

v1.1
    - Fixed: Added semi-colon ; causing it to fail import.
    - Fixed: Added iConony Table - Issue: If you didn't load the database first then you'll need this, if it already exists then it ignores it.

v1.0 - Release
    - Added: Removal of Default Database
    - Added: Initial Conversion

yupie_123 and Lord_Lewes like this.
  2. Im getting an error when trying to use your converter

[ERROR in query 1] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

3. Offline

Cory_

Yeah using it today and noticed this issue;

Simple Fix:

At the end of the SQL file the "Last Username";

Example:
    Code:
    ('26364','pacman95','1220269.045979446','0'),
    Replace the comma , at the end with a semi-colon:
    Code:
    ('26364','pacman95','1220269.045979446','0');
    I'll fix this shortly, hope this helps!

4. Offline

Lord_Lewes

Right, going to use it now, I'll edit this post to see how it went!

Went perfectly! Thank you so much for this. Repped.

5. Offline

Cory_

Update:
    Code:
    v1.1
    - Fixed: Added semi-colon ; causing it to fail import.
    - Fixed: Added iConony Table - Issue: If you didn't load the database first then you'll need this, if it already exists then it ignores it.

If you have already converted - You don't have to update. This is only people are still on MiniDB using iConomy.

Updated first post.

6. Offline

Cory_

Changelog:
    Code:
    v1.2
    - Changed: Updated links.
    - Style: New Style to match forums.
    - Added: Zip function for downloads.

If you have already converted - You don't have to update. This is only people are still on MiniDB using iConomy.

7. Offline

phillipkdick

your website dont work me!!!

8. Offline

Cory_

Sorry, website was temporarily down. Doesn't happen that often. Try again.

9. Offline

I9hdkill

Hey,

i get a error when i try to upload my miniDB:

EDIT: WORKS FINE, my file [1.44 MB] was too big. i just deleted entrys;)

Code:
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

10. Offline

Cory_

MySQL files can be huge and they can import, I've imported GBs of MySQL data, now of course when doing so, I have SSH (Secured Shell) access, but there are scripts out there that will allow to import big databases and if the server is a shared host than possibly maybe able to use a remote host (your website) to import it, providing remove MySQL is open and usually sometimes is the case.

Another solution is open a support ticket with your host and ask them to import it for you, upload the .sql or (.zip) file to the root directory and ask them to import it, maybe have to provide your MySQL details.

Regards,
    Cory

11. Offline

paulj1x

I just tried this. Uploaded my iConomy 7 accounts.mini file into your web page, set the Remove Default Balance, converted the MiniDB to MySQL, used MySQL workbench to add this to my Database at Beastnode, updated the iConomy plugin to use the Database and everything worked PERFECTLY!!! Many, many thanks for your converter!!!

12. Offline

Cory_

No problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.