Just made a server! only I can open doors and pick up items no-one else can!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by goodoletom, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

goodoletom

Why is this happening the only thing i have on it is default commands

2. Offline

Jeyge

Are you running WorldGuard and if so, did you set up any regions?

3. Offline

goodoletom

I dont use anything only use that 1 plugin. I need help setting things up. Whats WorldGuard?

4. Offline

SneakyToe

Do you got permissions or any other plugin at all?

5. Offline

Jeyge

Did you place a door in the spawn protection area and that is where they can't use it? If so, move further away from the spawn location and they should be able to use them again or turn spawn protection off in your bukkit.yml file.

6. Offline

mrvertigo27

as above stated move away from spawn, if using permissions ensure everything is ok with your yaml in all config files. that swhould fix you up

7. Offline

Cheesus

The easiest way around this is just to "OP players".
    Simply type in the text "/op PlayerName"
    (Put the players name where is says "playerName")
    Then they will be able to open doors etc.

This is the easiest way to do it, but be careful, this gives users a lot of rights on your server so make sure only to give it to the players you want to really give it to!

8. Offline

mrvertigo27

the above will work however it is just bad policy in general. try getting familiar with permissions or reducing the spawn protection in your config files.

goodoletom likes this.
  9. Offline

goodoletom

I do not have any permission mods because I need help installing it and setting it up.

10. Offline

tcvs

is this a paid server or is it running on your comp. and ill give u steps if u say yes than ill pm u

11. Offline

goodoletom

it is ran off my computer.

12. Offline

mrvertigo27

friend me on skype and we can screen share or use teamviewer to walk you through this if you would like my skype nick is the same as here.

13. Offline

goodoletom

i got that

Teamviewer*

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  14. Offline

tcvs

so do u want me to help you go through the steps and sorry for late reply away on holidays

15. Offline

goodoletom

sure.

16. Offline

tcvs

Ok I'll pm u soon

17. Offline

mrvertigo27

has this been resolved? if so how, i think having a record here for later searches would be nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.