Plugin Help Jobs Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by hen701, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

hen701

So i own a server and its in beta then the class hunter stopped working and i was trying to fix it then the next thing you know it everyone lost there jobs and it doesnt even let me do /jobs browse and when i do /jobs join [class] it says job does not exist.

Here is the jobs config: http://pastebin.com/b3EaAnKr
    PLZ HELP I NEED THIS TOO WORK

Bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  2. Offline

Boomer

If you look at your startup log, you'd see errors thrown trying to parse the file, and the error would look like this;
    mapping values are not allowed here
    in "<unicode string>", line 256, column 32:
    experience: 7.5 Fisher:

So you go to that line in your pastebin and see that it looks like Fisher should be a new group, not on the same line as the previous thing. So you add a line break after 7.5 and indent Fisher to give you a new job section, save the file, restart your server, and you get an error again while parsing:
    while parsing a block mapping
    in "<unicode string>", line 1, column 1:
    Jobs:
    ^
    expected <block end>, but found '<block mapping start>'
    in "<unicode string>", line 256, column 3:
    Fisher:
    ^

This one is harder to make sense of, it says that "Fisher" group is starting a new datablock, yet, it is not expecting it, its expecting something to end the previous block. After puzzling it over for a bit, looking at all the indentation in your file, you notice that the HUNTER group is not indented far enough - thats why the next section, fisher, is causing it to break, hunter threw off the block-definition to be within groups. So you edit that spacing, indenting the hunter group designator far enough, save the file again, and restart your server.

This time, you check the log and ... hey, look at that, no errors now. Plugin is working fine.

http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/ <In the future, you decide to bookmark that site, to copy/paste yml files into so that you can edit them and watch how the parser handles your changes, reports the same error as your log, lets you fix it, and reports a different error, and how you keep editing until that file passess the parsing, since its the same parsing engine as your server and will both give the same error messages until the yml file formatting is perfect, and voila, no need to bump posts waiting for someone to fix, with this new tool in your toolbelt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.